Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411472 Posts in 69369 Topics- by 58423 Members - Latest Member: antkind

April 23, 2024, 12:03:10 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 422 423 [424] 425 426 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1949960 times)
Eketek
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8460 on: April 07, 2015, 08:17:12 PM »

Hi.  I am known in a number of places as Eketek.  I am [terrible at introducing myself].  I am [also quite obscure].

I was introduced to gaming (and to a limited extent, programming) with the Commodore 64, about a generation or two after its time.  Later, I was informed by games on the NES, SNES, whatever a 486 on 3kbps Internet could somehow download and run.  Eventually, I grew up and could access anything.

I have a concept of what makes a decent game decent which appears to be about 25 years out of date (where it isn't altogether without precedent), and I intend to apply it unapologetically.  I think games should be challenging, but not necessarily frustrating), should avoid hand-holding as much as possible, and should be relatively non-addicting (should not be just a thinly veiled Skinner Box). 

I also have a blog and website, where I post very infrequent updates about my projects:
blog.eketech.com

There.  I somehow introduced myself, so surely everybody must know me by now.  It is therefore time to move on and pitch my project!

- Jonathan Hart
Eketech Games
sogold
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8461 on: April 08, 2015, 01:17:40 AM »

I'm a game and program tester for mobile apps and games. Company = UnityAppStudio, location in Singapore. Love to meet more people.

It would be quite troublesome to talk about my gaming experience. I actually grew up with watching the game industry evolve. Owned consoles from Nintendo FC -> sega 16bit -> game boy -> game gear -> SNES -> NEOGEO -> 3DO -> SegaSaturn -> PS1 -> PS2 -> PS3 -> XBOX. Phew.. did i miss anything? Oh yeah Dreamcasts. Of course theres PC games too. And lastly, MMORPGs, web games, mobile app games, blahblah.

Soooo... yeah. See you guys around  Smiley
BermudaCake
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8462 on: April 08, 2015, 10:56:42 AM »

Hi TIGSourcers Smiley

I'm BermudaCake, or just James. I'm a final year computer science student in the UK, hoping to be a games developer one day (duh). I love tightly designed puzzle games, games that feel right, and games that adapt their content to the player's skill level. Currently working on: http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=47342.0
kurechii
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8463 on: April 08, 2015, 06:50:24 PM »

Hello everyone,

I'm Lydia, posting from Kurechii's account - we're an indie studio based in Malaysia, consisting of (currently) 5 people.

We started creating games as a team of 3 classmates fresh out of college, but only established it as a studio a few years back. You can take a look at our portfolio here: http://kurechii.com/, some of our games are Reachin'Pichin and The King's League.

We'd like to share some of our games and also take a look at what everyone else is working on Smiley Cheers!
wly_cdgr
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #8464 on: April 08, 2015, 10:32:57 PM »

Hi everyone, I'm Ilya Zarembsky, a game designer / curator / event organizer / occasional writer / poker player from NYC. My big project ATM is an action game collection called The Splits. It's shipping in June ::gulp::

More about/by me at http://www.thewilycodger.com
Aliothcor
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8465 on: April 09, 2015, 02:51:54 AM »

Hi everyone!

I'm currently working on my own project Auray Studios. I'm developing iOS and Android games for the whole family to play. Already 2 games on the market! Woohoo! You can check them out here: http://www.auraystudios.com and share your thoughts with me. Any feedback to improve the apps or a quick positive review on your app store is highly appreciated Smiley I'm a big fan of board games and pc construction games. Had more experience with pc games, but also grew up with consoles.

Happy to share some thoughts and learn from your projects Coffee
neight-bit
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8466 on: April 09, 2015, 11:19:31 AM »

Hey All,

Neight here, I'm an artist/designer with 0 vg or programming experience, but I am to fix that here.  I'm currently designing all of the art assets for a tabletop game called Robot Rampage, and you can see some of the early work here: http://youonlyrampageonce.tumblr.com/.  I'm nearly done with this project and am gearing up to start working on a project of my own.

I participate somewhat regularly in the @pixel_dailies as @neight-bit.  Come find me there and let's make some stuff!  https://twitter.com/Neight_Bit

Also, my non-gaming portfolio-in-development: https://www.behance.net/neight-bit

Cheers!
supermega_peter
Level 1

cool

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8467 on: April 09, 2015, 12:40:08 PM »

Hi!

I'm Peter, and having recently moved cities, I now live in Bristol, UK.

I studied fine art at university (specifically painting), but games have always been a big part of my life and so they were an inspiration to the art I made.

Alongside making paintings I have also made a few experimental video games, which if anyone is interested in I can happily share. I've got some pics and videos of my work up on my website: www.peterbarwick.co.uk

My favourite games are those of the Sega Megadrive era, and I am also a big fan of some of Jeff Minter's stuff.

Looking forward to sharing my first 'proper' game project with everyone here, and hopefully talking with some great like-minded people.

Crabby
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #8468 on: April 09, 2015, 02:02:46 PM »

Let me keep this short.
I'm Crabby, and I've made a few games, some good, some bad.
I'm hoping to learn as much as I can from this forum, and to get better at my game design.
 Shrug

Working on something new!
Follow me @CrabbyDev.
KaynSD
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8469 on: April 09, 2015, 02:08:12 PM »

Hi. I'm Keith.
The first game I built was a Breakout clone when I was fourteen, with The Games Factory. Been making parts of games in some form or another for another fifteen since then... Wizard

I've been a professional Flash Developer for something close to eight years now since leaving University, where I studied half of a Games Design and half of a Games Programming course. A long time ago I was a moderator on the Newgrounds forums, where I spent most of my time hiding on the Flash subsection answering some basic programming questions. Through that site I made a lot of good friends and contacts, and hope to repeat my experience here finding like minded people to talk shop with.

Throughout my career as a coder I've worked on multi-player games in Flash, musical line runners in Unity and made face-warping apps with Adobe AIR that somehow got onto breakfast television shows in a few countries. I'm currently in London, where I make slot machine front ends, which is a little further from the actual games industry than I want to be but certainly gives me some room to be creative while programming and time to dwell on my own ideas.

It's been a very long time since I made a complete game. I want to kick that procrastination habit and feel that being in an active game development community will motivate me.

My website is up at HeatKnives.com and I'm over on twitter @KaynSD; both of which tend to get very little actual updates from me
Delacian
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8470 on: April 09, 2015, 04:35:17 PM »

Hi, I'm an indie dev from London interested in social AI, simulation and procedural generation. I'm currently making a cyberpunk RPG tentatively titled Project Sprawl. It's still in the very early stages of development but I'll be starting a dev log for it fairly soon.

Project Sprawl - A futuristic neon noir heist RPG
Twitter | Tumblr
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8471 on: April 09, 2015, 05:47:17 PM »

Hey all,

I'm an artist shamelessly using the forum to post my folio. Long time lurker. Sometime poster haha. Currently working as a freelancer but hoping to get one of my own projects off the ground eventually. I'll post about it when it's more than just pixels Smiley
chris0987
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8472 on: April 09, 2015, 09:18:58 PM »

Hi, my name is Chris, I have only been programming for a year now and can't wait to learn more!
tupikp (Studio5113)
Level 0

Personal Text?

View Profile
« Reply #8473 on: April 09, 2015, 10:26:00 PM »

Hi all, name's Taufik Purnomosidi, or TP as my friend used to call me, from Indonesia. Just try to get into game development (again) lately. First game I wrote was a tetris clone, written in BASICA in 1992 I think. Then got lost in other creative stuffs: music, animation film, and then coding for living (web dev mostly).

My major game development experience mostly around modding for Quake2, Counter-Strike, and rFactor (a great racing sim, btw). A "Real Game Development" have always been my passion though. Unreal Engine and Unity are what I am using today. Previously I used SDL, Game Maker, UDK and Torque 3D.

Between Unreal Engine and Unity, I like them both, although currently I'm learning Unity 5 more deeply than UE.

Well that's all for now.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 10:32:04 PM by tupikp (Studio5113) » Logged
Allsvin
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8474 on: April 11, 2015, 09:10:23 AM »

Hi guys, I'm Allsvin, a game-developer who was up all night programming, so I'll make this brief! Keep a lookout for my updates regarding my latest project. I love RPGS, classic RPGS the most. I also love RTS and am a big fan of Blizzard games and Dota 2. Cheers!
Flubberknuckle
Level 0

Flubberknuckle Studio

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8475 on: April 11, 2015, 03:40:09 PM »

Hello! My name is RyanBlood of Flubberknuckle Studio, an indie dev group based out of Detroit, Michigan. I'm an 8 year programmer who just made his first game that he plans to release commercially, a sick-ass psychological adventure game/ memory-matching card game(weird combination, I know!) named Flipd where you play as a person stranded on an island with only a card game and some noisy inanimate objects who likely want you to stay there forever.

And scurvy. You have a lot of that.

The card game portion of the game is playable for free at my studio's website, Flubberknuckle.com.

That's all, nice to meet you, TIGSource!

itsyourpalmike
« Reply #8476 on: April 11, 2015, 09:14:38 PM »

My name is Michael Stephens and I'm an indie game developer without any finished games.. huh..

My main area of expertise is programming(C,C++,Java,C#,+more!), but I'm trying to become a triple threat and get good at chiptunes and pixel art as well. I was born in 1998, but I grew up with video games from all different generations - NES, SNES, N64, Game Boy Color, GBA, XBOX, etc...

Some of my favorite games of all time include:
Super Mario Bros. 3
Super Mario World
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
Banjo Kazooie / Banjo Tooie
Star Wars KOTOR 1 & 2
Donkey Kong 64
Donkey Kong Country
and Legend of Zelda: A Link To The Past
(and many more)

NES, SNES, and GameBoy/Color are my favorite consoles, and I want to make games in these styles.

I started programming in 2009, and have been on and off with game development, but starting last summer I've become very consistent and I've been working and working and working.

I'm not a huge fan of Game Engines, and I like to program as much as possible. The way I usually roll is:
C++ w/ (Allegro, SDL, or SFML), C# w/ (XNA or MonoGame), or Java (pure sweet Java).

I have a few "games" on my website along with a bunch of programming and game dev related tidbits if you want to check that out: itsyourpalmike.com

Recently I've been messing around with the Game Boy Dev Kit (GBDK), been working on a team-project rpg, and trying to get a legit indie game studio started.

I look forward to meeting you all, and cheers to future game development! :-D
ElectroYak
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8477 on: April 12, 2015, 06:58:32 AM »

Hey everyone.

I'm Andrew, I'm a programmer and a terrible pixel artist. I'm working towards making my first indie game and hopefully getting a job within the industry.

I like all sorts of games but at the minute I really like rougelikes. I can't stop playing Nuclear Throne even though I'm rubbish at it :-)

And Thats it. Hopefully I'll have a game to show off soon!.

RaconteurNick
Level 1

Business Dude @ Raconteur Games

View Profile
« Reply #8478 on: April 12, 2015, 08:21:08 AM »

Hi guys and gals! I'm Nick, the lead at Raconteur Games. We're currently working on our first title, Close Order, and I'm excited to get it into peoples' hands! Looking forward to getting some feedback soon and also trying our your wonderful creations. Smiley

Rafasmeers
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8479 on: April 12, 2015, 07:18:18 PM »

Hello!  Smiley

How did you get introduced to gaming?: I got introduced to gaming when i was around four years old, started playing at my mother's Macintosh. The first game i ever played is named Power Pete. After that, i never stopped playing and got at the actual addiction. Tongue

What are your passions?: Culture, basically everything related to Culture.

What makes you tick?: Ignorance. It is mean to hate Ignorance when you love Culture.

I'm not fully a game developer yet, but i appreciate to see another person's job and im actually a Source Hammer SDK map maker.
Pages: 1 ... 422 423 [424] 425 426 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic