Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411428 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 12:41:40 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 423 424 [425] 426 427 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1943835 times)
ProjectX593
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8480 on: April 12, 2015, 09:25:17 PM »

Hey all!

I'm Project X-593, primarily a programmer, but I'm slowly learning to make pixel art and compose chiptunes. I've played games since I was five years old, but I've really only started making them after I got out of university. I took a games programming course and was lucky enough to get hired by a AAA studio as a front end coder. I decided I wanted to make my own game, but I was told I couldn't do that - my contract made it so anything I made belonged to them. After I was laid off, I moved to the mobile games industry to keep the same sort of work atmosphere without the crunch time or the crappy contract.

I've slowly been chugging away on my game for over a year now in my spare time. At this rate, it won't be done for a long time, but as soon as I've got some music and sound to go along with a video, I'll post more about it!

Until then, I'll bum around and maybe try to help out with any random C++ things that happen to pop up!
Hanksha
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8481 on: April 13, 2015, 02:30:58 AM »

Hi!
I'm Hanksha, I am programmer and game designer at Caldera Games. I'm french but I live in the Philippines. I love programming and i'm also a drummer.
I play video games since I was big enough to use a SNES, I specially like challenging adventure games and mainly play on computer.

Usagi
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8482 on: April 13, 2015, 05:05:51 AM »

Hello I am Alaa Adel from Egypt  Gentleman. I am Computer Engineering student and working to be a Game Designer Smiley
Lam
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8483 on: April 13, 2015, 05:08:36 AM »

Hello there,

I'm Lam from Brazil, writer at Jungle Studio.
Nice to meet you all.  Smiley

Currently in the development team of "Starmlet" from Jungle Studio.
DrakeGraves
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8484 on: April 13, 2015, 12:22:46 PM »

Hi everybody. My name is Shane. I really hope to make some friends here. Here are two of my playable mockups.

http://gmc.yoyogames.com/index.php?showtopic=646924&hl=

http://gmc.yoyogames.com/index.php?showtopic=630930&hl=
cwade
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8485 on: April 13, 2015, 02:57:32 PM »

Hi everyone...My name is Collin Wade Thiessen.
I'm a indie dev working on a game with my kids Smiley  http://cwade.ca/darthy/
illuminatedspace
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8486 on: April 13, 2015, 05:41:30 PM »

Hi everyone. My name is Liz. I recently became interested in game dev. I'm currently on the Luminosity Mobile team as the social media and marketing manager. We're working on a game called The Painters Apprentice.
I'm good with twine, web design, writing, graphic design, and art. I like strange indie games. I'm currently working on a narrative piece that explores the future of humans relationship with technology.
I'm here to see some new projects and meet some new devs!
You can keep up with me on Twitter: @ampsvoltswatts

daevo
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8487 on: April 14, 2015, 12:06:51 AM »

Hey, I'm David. I'm a game producer and design in Los Angeles. I founded the game studio Night Light Interactive (www.nightlightint.com)
tyzoone
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8488 on: April 14, 2015, 07:35:58 AM »

Hey All!

Super excited to be a part of this community! I've been an artist making games the last 10 years and consider game creation the ultimate artistic medium. I'm looking forward to getting some feedback on my latest title for mobile devices that I hope to release in the next few months….
Crunchy
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8489 on: April 14, 2015, 08:07:42 AM »

Hey all,

I'm Alex, founder of Crunchy Games.  I'm not new to TIGForums but can't use my old account.

I'm working on a new game and wanted to get feedback from the TIGForums community.
tgramsus
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8490 on: April 14, 2015, 06:06:34 PM »

Hey everyone! My name is Pedro. I work as a software developer in the health care industry. I've been wanting to work on games for a long time and am currently working on a rpg.
abdu
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #8491 on: April 15, 2015, 03:55:31 AM »

Hi everybody,

I'm abdu from Istanbul. Me and my friend recenlty dived into game development. Trying to catch up with the indie developers' world.

The game will be released for PC. We don't have a name for the game yet. :/

Anyways. All tips and recommendations are welcomed.

Cheers,
TeamGuazu
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8492 on: April 15, 2015, 10:38:24 AM »

Hey there!

I'm Bruno Martínez, and i am the producer of Team Güazú, a 3 person indiedev team working on Samurai Bamboo.
I hope you like our work, cause i already liked most of yours!

See you around! Toast Left

JonnyB
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8493 on: April 16, 2015, 01:37:14 PM »

Ahoy everyone!

Jonny here, I'm a programmer at a games company called Dubit. But in my spare time I've been working on a game called Pixel Escape (http://pixelescapegame.com/) with a friend from work. We're also in the process of setting up a company which we'll release Pixel Escape under, when it's ready for mobile.

I look forward to getting to know people.
IonForceStudio
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8494 on: April 17, 2015, 03:10:20 AM »

Hi Guys,

How to edit my profile picture ? (what size should it be?)

thealienhand
TIGBaby

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8495 on: April 17, 2015, 08:51:33 AM »

Hi everybody,

My name is Adam, I'm from Ireland.

I'm a musician and sound designer, I've done quite a lot of film and TV work but what I'd really like is to be doing music and sound for games, which is so much more dynamic and fun. I'm currently setting up my own company, Power Audio Services.

I've been playing games since the Commodore and Amstrad days, and now recently with so many indie titles coming out, that youthful excitement has resurfaced for me in a big way.

My favourite game soundtrack is probably Super Castlevania 4, it still sends shivers up my spine.

I look forward to getting to know some of you in the near future.
ashes999
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8496 on: April 17, 2015, 05:31:20 PM »

Hi.

I'm also a game developer (programmer by profession). I focus on kids and educational games mostly these days.

In the spirit of the first thread: my "core" gaming era was SNES and early PS1. Mostly a mix of everything; lots of RPGs and story-driven games too.  It's really hard to get away from making games you used to love and play in your childhood, eh?
MrBallsack
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8497 on: April 18, 2015, 05:46:53 AM »

Hi guys,

my real name is Abel, and I'm fiction writer. MrBallsack is my internet pseudonym, I use it everywhere.
I'm from Portugal, currently studying Linguistics.

How did I get into games?
When I was a little boy, about 4 years old, my cousin started working and gave me his sega mega drive and his only two games, the first Sonic the hedgehog and Fifa 97.

What are your passions?
Creative writing and knowledge.
I love to "create" and I love to learn.
cvl4317
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8498 on: April 18, 2015, 12:33:49 PM »

Hi,

I am a business student doing research on video game industry.

I have minuscule experiences in making ultra-light video games. I am generally PC gamer.
Thinice
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8499 on: April 19, 2015, 02:27:16 AM »

Hi!

I'm Pablo from Barcelona, Spain. I'm a 33 year old 3D Generalist with +10 years of experience in the advertising, animation and design fields. I usually wear many hats, anything related to 3d/2d animation & scripting. I say "scripting" and not "programming" because I'm not a programmer, I just learn to hack things to make them do what I want. You could say I'm a problem solver, too Smiley

I started dabbling in +3BASIC on the ZX Spectrum, I still remember the grid paper I made to draw pixels and then translate them to code... I made nothing worth noting but I learned a lot and it was fun Smiley

I've made several games in the past, most of them using Flash... nowadays I use Unity. None of my Flash games are available online since they were done for clients and I can't share them, but you can have a look at the newer ones on my website at www.thinicegames.com

I'm a console player, mainly because I come from a big family where we all sat toghether in front of a TV to play games, which was easier to do than using a computer. The console I played the most has to be the PSX, sooooo many hours were put playing Metal Gear Solid, Syphon Filter, Tomb Raider, Final Fantasy, Colin McRae Rally, Gran Turismo, Gravitation, Rocks & Gems, Tekken, WipEout... the list goes on and on!

Currently, I make games on the side of my day job, and I started doing it because I thought that it was a perfect fit for my abilities; Later on I found that I like it a lot, and I enjoyed seeing how I could make people happy even if just for a little while Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 423 424 [425] 426 427 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic