Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411484 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58427 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 03:18:05 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 425 426 [427] 428 429 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1950559 times)
sacada
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8520 on: April 27, 2015, 03:16:53 AM »

Hi I'm Scott Anderson and I have a "me only" games company called Sacada. I have been developing a game called LOGistICAL over the last 6 months. I am trying to cut some new ground with this one as it is written totally in HTML5 using the 2d canvas tags and a huge bunch of javascript. I also have a backend server with mongodb to store the save games. It currently runs on a PC fine if using Chrome but fails in others.
I can run it on a tablet but will be looking at using a "HTML5 to App" converter to make it smoother, as I have a lot of zooming and that conflicts with tablets that think you want to enlarge the web page.
Enough lurking, time to join in.
logisticalgame.com

Cosmic
Level 0

Is that so?

View Profile
« Reply #8521 on: April 27, 2015, 07:38:21 AM »

Hello, I'm Alex, 14 years old, and I'm new to the development scene. I just recently started Unity and have last week published my first game.
I'm mainly doing it for the programming experience as I'm really keen on learning about it. And since I've always enjoyed games for as long as I remember, I thought I should try my luck at game development!
jeremiah
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8522 on: April 27, 2015, 02:22:40 PM »

Hi everyone. I'm Jeremiah. My first gaming experiences were on a gameboy and SNES. Probably my favorite game of that era is Tetris Attack. Funny story: Pokemon was the first RPG I got into. Shortly afterwards I picked up FFVII and knew within a few minutes it was the best game I had ever played, but I also thought "they ripped off Pokemon!" Facepalm Hmm, what else? I played a lot of Asheron's Call and have never found a game since that scratched the exploration itch in quite the same way.

Lately I've been focusing on small indie games. If anyone is familiar with Jason Rohrer, I was at one time considered the best player of his new game Cordial Minuet (and I've won $1500 in it). Also, I placed in his "Steal Real Money" contest in The Castle Doctrine and won a real print of an in-game pixel art piece by Phil Fish. Cool story bro, right?

I've wanted to make games for a LONG time. In middle school, a friend introduced me to the Klik community. We both made crappy little games with Klik n Play and TGF. I made a ridiculous 2D dogfighting game called "Liberation II", which I would kill to find again. And of course I remember playing the Klik classics: games like Destruction Carnival and Eternal Daughter.

Many years pass and I basically give up on the idea. Finally, I learn about 7DRL and this makes me realize that I can make something cool even if it's small! I've been participating in jams since then (mainly 7DRL, but I also did js13k once). Roguelikes are great because if you manage any sort of art, people are impressed and you can mostly focus on mechanics. I'm quite happy with what I've been able to get out of jams. My first entry was included in freeindiegam.es's "Best of 2013: Roguelike-likes" list. This year I made a game rated #4 out of 120+ games in 7DRL.

At this moment, I'm working on getting a game through Steam Greenlight called Golden Krone Hotel.

I'm coming to the realization that I need to get serious about improving my craft (design, art, and marketing) if I'm going to make it through, so here I am.

Golden Krone Hotel - a vampire roguelike - dev log
monkeyx
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8523 on: April 27, 2015, 06:27:52 PM »

Hi all, I'm Syd. I've been making games since I could program a ZX Spectrum. Last year my wife and I formed a small indie game studio to build games together. Our first game was Omega Frontier - a space (ship) adventure game of exploration for iOS. It did OK for a simple free game (not quite 1000 downloads).

We're working on our second game a fantasy simulation with a little bit of strategy and puzzle thrown in called Super Wiz Biz designed for the PC / Mac. Hopefully we can get some feedback and improve the game with a view of trying to get it on itch.io or Steam Greenlight.
evglabs
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8524 on: April 28, 2015, 09:37:46 AM »

Hi everyone! I used to lurk here all the time, but dropped away for a while.

I've been lone-developing software for myself for a few years now, but always had in the back of my mind some games I wanted to make. So, I finally sat myself down and finished my first one and that's what brought me back! I was looking for a community to get involved with and came back across tigsource!

So, hi!
Steven_Morris
TIGBaby

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8525 on: April 28, 2015, 11:35:54 AM »

Hello!

My name is Steven Morris and I make music and sound. Please see the links to my SoundCloud and YouTube in my signature and PM me if you are interested in what I can do for your game.

Currently, most of my work focuses on 16-bit style sound and music, but I am capable of creating more modern sounds as well. I am particularly interested in working with programmers to create layers of music that are triggered by in-game events.

I'm eager to get involved - I wish everyone the best of luck with their creations.

Steven

I am looking for work in Audio and Music [YouTube] [SoundCloud]
GreenLightning
TIGBaby

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8526 on: April 28, 2015, 12:50:18 PM »

Hi everyone!

My (nick-)name is Green Lightning and I'm a 19 year-old German programmer. Some might know me as MegaGreenLightning, which is the name I'll usually go with if Green Lightning is already gone (it is unfortunately more common than I thought).

How I learned programming:

I learned programming when I was 12 or 13, because I got a Lego Mindstorms set from my parents. If you don't know Mindstorms, check out their website. Basically it is a big Lego Technic set with some motors, some sensors (touch, light, distance, etc.) and a microcontroller, which let you build real robots that can drive around and avoid obstacles for example (if you have never heard of it before, you should really check out there website, my poor description just doesn't get the point across).

Learning programming this way was really nice because Lego ships a visual programming language, which uses drag 'n' drop, and in the context of the robot some programming concepts (mainly control structures) where really easy to grasp.

I first build the three default robots following the instructions that shipped with the set, but after that I started building my own robots. After some time, I wanted to write some bigger programs, but the drag 'n' drop system was slow and the Lego software didn't handle big programs well, so I switched to RobotC, a C-like language for Mindstorms.

At the same time I wanted to program my computer as well and started learning Java. First I only followed tutorials and read books, then I started to program my own little utility programs. I also switched to Java for programming my Mindstorms robots (using LeJOS NXJ).

Since a few years now I have been trying to program games, but I haven't done a bigger project yet (look below for some of my stuff).

However, I like programming so much that I started an apprenticeship as a programmer after I finished high school and I plan to go to university afterwards.

My favorite games:

My all time favorite games are Hotline Miami 1 & 2 and Portal 1 & 2.

I also really like Escape Goat 1 & 2, Team Fortress, Super Hexagon and Infinifactory.

My stuff:

Here's one of my Mindstorms robots called Roboduck which I really like: website

Oh, I forgot to mention that I played Minecraft a lot, so I made my own resource pack and it has gained a little bit of popularity already, so if you want to have a look at that: minecraftforum, website

Here's a little Asteroids game I made: website

I also took part in Ludum Dare twice and you can find my blog posts with games here: website

I hope you like what I do! In case you haven't noticed this is my website. You can also follow me on Twitter here.

I'm looking forward to chat and discuss with you about my and of course your games!
giantman
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8527 on: April 28, 2015, 11:43:54 PM »

Hello everyone!
I am an animator, rigger and 2d artist. I have been lurking on these forums for a long time and decided to create account because I want to contribute to this community. I'll see ya around! Smiley
BeerDrinkingBurke
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8528 on: April 29, 2015, 10:22:01 PM »

Hi everybody. My name is Daniel, and I'm currently working on a game called Innkeep! in my spare time. I've been an avid PC gamer for some 16 years starting with playing stuff like Magic Carpet, Outpost and Ultima Underworld on my friends 486 dx. Baldurs Gate I & II and the original Fallouts were kind of a golden age of gaming for me. Then I started to find my way back again when I discovered Dwarf Fortress in 2008, got on Steam in 2010, and gradually started following more and more indie titles in development. The last couple of years have been a blast. So many great indie titles. Gunpoint in particular though was what finally pushed me to start making something in game maker as well.

I've always been fascinated with games. That dovetailed pretty well with being introduced to Tolkien when I was only about six or so. You can imagine that my little brain nearly exploded when I saw MB's board game Heroes Quest for the first time.  I must have played it hundreds of times. When my friends and I got bored of the scenarios I'd invent new ones for us to play. I did something similar with little choose-your-own adventures. Later on I mucked around with game design as a teenager back in the 90s using Quick Basic and did quite a bit of work on a text-based adventure / RPG where you were a detective. It had a night/day cycle, hunger, transport around the city via taxi with talkative drivers, all kinds of amazing stuff that nobody ever saw. But I lost all the copies I had of it... Heh. Ah well. From 1998-2004 or so I also did some building on a Wheel of Time MUD. I guess that establishes my nerd credentials. These days I'm working as a translator/interpreter for an animation studio in Tokyo. But I hope to be returning to teaching/research in a less crowded place in the near future.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 12:12:37 AM by BeerDrinkingBurke » Logged

Developing a game called Innkeep! Serve Ale. Collect Rumors. Make Coin. Regular updates posted at https://innkeepgame.wordpress.com/
a1studmuffin
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8529 on: April 30, 2015, 12:28:50 AM »

Hey everyone! My name's Michael, I'm from Space Dust Studios. I'm lead gameplay developer there. Prior to Space Dust I used to work at EA (Visceral Games and DICE), but I've been doing the indie thing recently. You can reach me on Twitter: @butterparty. I'll see y'all round these parts :D

Lead Gameplay Developer @ Space Dust Studios // Dev Blog // @butterparty
SousaVilla
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #8530 on: April 30, 2015, 02:16:12 PM »

Hi guys, my name is Danilo. I'm a long time lurker and finally decided to join in. I like to play games and have a very vague dream that someday I'll make one myself.

See you around!
VaultBoy85
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8531 on: April 30, 2015, 09:02:47 PM »

Hey everyone, my name is Dylan. I'm relatively new to game development with just about a year and two (about to be three) games under my belt. I'm the artist at the three-person game collective I co-founded; MurWare. The only other forum I post in on a regular basis is NeoGaf, but that's mostly to talk about playing games rather than making them. Anyways, I'm happy to be here, and I look forward to being a part of the community!

Also, find me on Twitter @Mur_Zelly , I love talking gamedev there and usually participate in Indiedev Hour.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 09:49:40 PM by VaultBoy85 » Logged
tehPHEN
Level 0

I like to break things

View Profile
« Reply #8532 on: April 30, 2015, 09:05:05 PM »

Hey Yall.

Long time lurker coming out. I'm a Software Engineer by day, and Hobbyist Gamedev in all my other free time. I found the amount of indie devs here exciting. I've been hooked onto Video Games for as long as I can remember. Hoping to contribute something back to every other game lover out there. In this day and age I'm so happy there's so much variety in games.

I just started working on (yet another) game, progress is been slow but picking up recently.  Hoping to post some progress on DevLogs soon, from start to end.

What have you been playing recently?

Recently I've been playing Monster Hunter 4. Awesome series! I've tracked over hundreds of hours playing this game. I don't think I will ever get bored. I love the tight mechanics, it really brings the feeling 'thrill of a hunt' out in you when you finally beat a difficult Monster.

I think this is where a signature would normally go.
But I decided just to type this thing. I'll update it some day...
Twitter: @tehPHEN
droxon
« Reply #8533 on: April 30, 2015, 09:36:38 PM »

Hello Smiley

My name is Luis, I'm an Illustrator/Animator that loves video games.
I like to create video games in my free time, I'm currently working on my first big title.

I love watching series, my favorite serie at the moment is Vikings(I highly recommend it)

English is my second language so you might find typos on everything I write Tongue

Well, I'don't know what else can I say about me, I recently created a twitter account you can find me there @Droxon9
deniz
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8534 on: May 01, 2015, 12:09:54 PM »

Hi guys,

My name is Deniz Aydinoglu. My first computer was an amstrad cpc 464 in late 80's and since then i am trying to code stuff for business and pleasure.
I got my own game development studio, He2 Apps, with my wife here in Turkey. We are developing multiplayer mobile/browser games for ios, android and facebook.

In my spare time I like to experiment game ideas. You can check some of my games on my itch.io page here: http://deniz.itch.io

thats all. thank you  Smiley

coasterspaul
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8535 on: May 01, 2015, 01:08:13 PM »

I'm a programmer who can never remember the details of his current programming environment, but it's okay because I know the general idea of quite a few. In other words - I'm a bit of a novice. I haven't dived deep into game development yet.

I like C#, roller coasters, cookies, and tea. I am an elf.

Hello!
TheWzzard
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8536 on: May 01, 2015, 02:18:46 PM »

Hey folks,
I'm John aka The Wzzard aka JOHHHHHN! I compose and produce music and I stream games on Twitch. I've recently started doing game development, mostly coding and design. I am a mostly self-taught programmer.
I'm really into how varied gaming is and I used to do 5 different games a week on my live stream including lots of free games and games from less monolithic marketplaces like Desura.
I've been building an AI driven crowd play game for several months now.
I am a wizard but not the cruel kind.
Here is my cat / project manager / lead designer Majesty:

Stream: http://twitch.tv/gdscwzzard/
Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/johhhhhn/
TikiHubGames
Level 0

Telling your Story!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8537 on: May 01, 2015, 08:33:49 PM »

My name is Tony Paeno. I've been a gamer since before I can remember. I honestly couldn't tell you what my first game was. At 25 years old, it could have been anything from pong to super mario on snes. I remember Doom, which was tons of fun, even if I couldn't play it without someone older around. Soon I picked up Starcraft, a game my best friend and his little brother were raving about. One day I learned it was free to load up the map editor and use it however you'd like. I was probably somewhere around 9 or 10, but I've been experimenting ever since. There are traces of my work online, probably the Starcraft ages are all gone, but some of my Counter-Strike maps are still out there, like de_frostbite and de_cycle. I mostly was into design, I love art, and it's what I enjoy most in game design I think. Having spent time in the scripting set of the Starcraft Editor however, then HTML, PHP and Visual Basic in High School, I picked up a number of other languages for the purpose of starting my own full-scale project starting around four years ago now. I settled on Unity and C# for budget and time and the results are a two-person team with a product we've created in about 6 months time, 2 months of which we spent updating our current Unity Asset Store release: CityScaper, and finishing the code for (still not released but in the polish stage) another Asset: Inventorium. We have our hands full, and we're looking for budget, but we'll keep on trucking just the way we have as long as we have to. Right now, I work a retail job and whatever side work I can find along the way, investing the profits from CityScaper directly into business registration and web hosting, etc. I'm looking to show off our work now, after keeping quiet as long as I possibly could.

www.tikihubgames.com
Manifest: A Procedural Story-Telling Game
Alpha Demo playable on our website!
BigThink
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8538 on: May 02, 2015, 07:35:00 AM »

Hey there!
I am Aldo,
Why I like game development? Simply because it's more exciting than doing other stuff.
If you know anything more exciting in the long term, tell me. Tongue
Anyway, I'm looking into publishing some quality games and establishing a business.
It seems like that is also a fun thing to do.
Overall, this is who I am as far as gaming goes (I choose to exclude the long hours I spent playing WOW for years ><).
Latest game I am prototyping looks like this:

Latest game I published is this:
www.kongregate.com/games/he11fire/funky-board

I also recently got back to YouTube to show people my new game:
https://www.youtube.com/c/AldoLeka

That is all for now. :D

Hey there! Just opened an YouTube channel about various game development topics! Check it out https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGCv7wwpwETEH0kkd_CYlfQ
Anim8
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8539 on: May 02, 2015, 01:51:33 PM »

Hello,

I'm Anim8 (Joe)..  I do 3D and 2D illustration, animation, video and game work as a freelancer full time. I'm currently working on a project called FATHOM fathomthegame.com that will be released later this year.

Pages: 1 ... 425 426 [427] 428 429 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic