Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 07:55:10 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 426 427 [428] 429 430 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1943002 times)
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #8540 on: May 02, 2015, 04:24:27 PM »

Hello,

I'm Anim8 (Joe)..  I do 3D and 2D illustration, animation, video and game work as a freelancer full time. I'm currently working on a project called FATHOM fathomthegame.com that will be released later this year.

hello, anim8. i am world famous troll, super joe. are you the guy that worked on halo 4 that a legion of insanely stupid unfuckable dullards clamber all over each other to be the first to write "blue boobs" at.
Anim8
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8541 on: May 02, 2015, 04:53:37 PM »

Uh.... what? No idea wtf youre talking about. I didnt work on Halo.
Mania
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8542 on: May 03, 2015, 07:50:18 AM »

Yo! I'm new here and it looks like this is the initiation everyone has to do so...

My name is Antti and I've been hooked on game dev for the past year and a half. That's when I picked up GameMaker and never let go. I started with a small mobile game and am now working on a PC multiplayer title. I'm a web designer/developer by day but I'd rather be doing this to be honest - and I'm sure that's the dream for many of us here! Anyway, nice to finally register here and hope to learn a lot from you all. Cheers.  Beer!
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #8543 on: May 03, 2015, 08:02:35 AM »

Uh.... what? No idea wtf youre talking about. I didnt work on Halo.
well just so you know there's a guy from on line also called anim8 who did. have a wonderful day my friend.
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #8544 on: May 03, 2015, 06:34:51 PM »

now you know why his hair is blue, still holding a grunge

raghaaav
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8545 on: May 03, 2015, 10:01:06 PM »

Hi! I'm raghaaav.

Waaagh!

I work at IndieCade and make games on the side. Graduated from USC's games program a year ago! I've made games about flying shoes, a talking gameboy, trippy 9/11 fantasies, my grandmother, Lenin, and a dead guy named Alfred.

Shrug

Right now, I'm working on a game called a•part•ment. It's about a guy who's going through a breakup, and about his neighbors, all of whom have their own relationshit issues. It's on kickstarter RIGHT NOW: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rtgray/apartment-a-separated-place

Who, Me?

I'm on twitter! https://twitter.com/raghaaav and the interwebs: www.raghaaav.com and http://raghaaav.itch.io/
Hit me up on twitter or on here if you think I am cool && if you think you are cool && if you think that together, we would be cool.

Big Laff

Cheeeeeeers!
DevRexStudio
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8546 on: May 04, 2015, 07:45:21 AM »

Hello! I'm the lead developer at DevRexStudio, a company based in Spain. We're currently working on some Android games. We have just launched our first game FeedThemAll! - Pets a few days ago. Just in case you guys are interested (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.DevRexStudio.FeedThemAll) Smiley

Here is a gameplay trailer:

We're also on Twitter: https://twitter.com/DevRexStudio Feel free to ask whatever you want or need.

Thank you for your attention Smiley

Jani_Nykanen
Level 0

Please, go away.

View Profile
« Reply #8547 on: May 04, 2015, 10:43:20 AM »

Hello, I'm Jani Nykänen, a Finnish indie game developer. I joined this forum because some outdated website I had never heard of told me to do so. I'm active member on Game Jolt and semi-active member on 64Digits.

I like the word 'bacon' but I don't actually like to eat bacon. No, don't ask why I told you this.

Now I just have to find a way to change my avatar...

vivek25
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8548 on: May 05, 2015, 06:12:24 AM »

Hi,
I'm vivek an Indian game developer. I've been working on a game for the last year and a bit and I just finished work on a short demo. I was hoping to get some feedback about the game and a couple of game devs pointed me in this direction. I've worked on 3 games so far, Sleeping Dogs,Tryst and The Baconing. Looking forward to posting my demo here and getting some feedback !
Tortonka
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8549 on: May 05, 2015, 09:59:53 PM »

Hi everyone!!

Normally I would spend a couple hours planning out an introduction like this, but I'm going to try something new and just... let the words flow.

I am a .Net LOB application programmer for a large software company, but I've wanted to make games for as long as I can remember. The first game I ever played was Super Mario Bros. when I was 5 years old, and since then I've been hooked. I would say my tastes in games are pretty standard, but I spend a lot of time playing MMOs (Guild Wars 2 lately), and a little bit of time on LoL, SC2, and whatever indie game currently has might attention (Nuclear Throne). My best gaming memories are of learning to play Starcraft with my friends at an internet cafe when it first launched and experiencing the Mass Effect universe for the first time later in college.

Anyways, what brings me here: I've been programming since I was 10, and always sort of assumed I could move around in the software industry as long as I was good enough. Obviously, that's not the case, and to make games, I need to make games first!  Wink

I've been making my way through Unity tutorials, but I want to dive head-first in to game development. This seems like an amazing community to learn from, so I hope you're all OK with me lurking here for a while. Here's to late night coding sessions  Coffee
DanglinBob
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8550 on: May 06, 2015, 01:08:55 PM »

Hey everyone,

12 year industry veteran focused on game design and game marketing/business (AKA: thedarksideofgames).

Looking forward to totally silly posts about games and random nostalgia about the good old days.

It's dark... you're likely to be eaten by a grue.
-Joe
Hizu
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8551 on: May 06, 2015, 07:43:48 PM »

Hey all I'm hizu, I usually handle graphic but I'm starting to venture into programming.
ricanteja
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8552 on: May 07, 2015, 04:23:33 AM »

Hello all!,

My name is Ricardo Tejada and I haven't ever finished a game  Tears of Joy. My story starts in the early 2000s when I decided I didn't just want to play games but make them. My favorite console is the Sega Genesis (MegaDrive for my mates) but today I don't play any games at all because I have no time. I grew up playing games like Sonic, Streets of Rage, Castlevania, Super Metroid, Megaman X, The Legend of Zelda a Link to the Past. They have really influenced the kind of games I want to make and the art style I have. I started to learn game design with a cute little program called Game Maker 6 which I'm sure many here are familiar with. After a couple of years I had mastered GML and decided to learn a professional language for making games (because you know I gotta be a man bro  Cool). By the time I was about done with high school I had taught myself C and C++ but still hadn't graduated from console applications (PDCurses) so I needed to learn an api for game making. I chose SFML because of it's beautiful documentation and api design. I've joined this forum of indie developers because I've been indie for a while and am hoping to finally create a project start to finish  Grin. Maybe show off some of my pixel art skills and help others as well where I can be of service. I also love looking at the awesome projects on these boards; many of them are beautiful to say the least.
RamyDergham1995
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8553 on: May 07, 2015, 06:00:30 AM »

Hi all ,
I am Ramy , 19 years old developer level "Beginner :D" , I loved developing games since I was 16 , Do you remember when PSN gone down for 3 months and gave PSN users 5 free Games as a payback? That time when I downloaded a game called LittleBigPlanet on PS3, that game was the fuel which made me love creating games :D , and now i succeeded to build my first game ever called "Dark Ball" 2 days ago and it is already published on Google play store , https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=air.com.CGD.BallControll , it is not that good game , but good for a beginner like me Grin
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 06:19:28 AM by RamyDergham1995 » Logged
David 'jefequeso' Szymanski
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8554 on: May 07, 2015, 10:32:19 AM »

My name is David Szymanski.  Lately I've been making horror games.  Some people seem to like them Smiley  I developed Fingerbones and The Moon Sliver. 

Currently I'm mostly interested in figuring out how to tell horror stories in an interesting interactive way, but I also have quite a passion for old FPSs like Doom, and I'd like to start developing similar games.

If you want to see my stuff, visit http://ironsnowflakes.blogspot.com/

Darian.MashMe
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #8555 on: May 08, 2015, 01:24:41 AM »

Hi! We have launched the Kickstarter campaign for  MashMe ( http://mash.me/ ) which allows You to create amazing 3D animated videos in real time. You can just stand or sit in front of your webcam and you live animate any 3D character you want. On top of that, you can video chat with your friends as your favorite characters.  Basically we would want to bring your characters to life.

Here is the campaign link  https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/571292281/mashme-become-an-animated-character

It would mean the world to us if you could back us or simply share our campaign.
Peterpeter
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8556 on: May 08, 2015, 05:26:54 AM »

Hello! Smiley

My name is Peter and I've actually been lurking these forums for quite some time. It's time to come outta the shadows right about now.
I'm currently working full time as a 3d artist/tech artist at a small indie game studio here in Sweden called Coilworks.

I'm about 50/50 programmer/artist. Been coding and working with digital art since 2002 or so.
I also make music. Mostly electronic with a game boy or two tossed in.

I come from a background of coding C++ and it's what I use here and there in my day-to-day. I mainly program in C# in my free time.
I work in Blender 3d and Photoshop for my artistic adventures.

... (I also use Unity for various prototypes.)

Smiley
« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 11:22:56 PM by Peterpeter » Logged

StampyTurtle
Level 0

Twitter @StampyTurtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8557 on: May 08, 2015, 08:52:35 AM »

Hi, my name is Jeff and I'm a hobbyist game programmer/designer/artist in Boston, MA. I moved to Boston about a year ago to get more involved with the great indie community that has sprung up here and to find the inspiration among such a good crowd to push myself to become the best, most-well rounded indie game developer I can be. So far I've participated in several game jams on Itch.IO and at the Purple Monkey Game Jam (local to Boston) and have worked on some interesting one-off technical systems tools I enjoy and still use.

I'm starting to work now on a more complex, long term game that I hope to fully complete (even if its just to vet out as a bad prototype). I've become hooked on my procedural generation since my roommate showed me some of his work and am working on a procedural, modular 3D roguelike game with some unique workflows for game development with Unity which I hope to showcase soon.

I usually post updates and progress to Twitter or my personal blog, but am looking to start a dev log on Tigsource shortly to garner feedback and suggestions for my game. Thank you. 

My twitter handle is @StampyTurtle
My blog is http://TheRealJeffCampbell.com

Game developer, programmer in free time, all the time
hotfudgegringo
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8558 on: May 08, 2015, 12:13:30 PM »

Hi TISource !

I am Gringo, 30 years old from France.

Just me, doing a silly face hiding in the mountains.

Just like many in my generation, I grew up as a kid devouring TV shows, movies and books.
No surprise it has influenced my imagination and "adventures" when I was playing with my toys.
In parallel, I also developed a need to understand how things worked.
I was inclined to disassemble my toys and electronic devices to see what was inside...
Very often I could not put back together the pieces... this resulted in me being told off by my parents.

One day, my uncle came home to offer me its old computer ( Amstrad CPC464 ).
He carried the heavy screen, slowly plugged the funny colorful keyboard, turned it on,
started to show me the very basics, and launched a few games...
My eyes wide opened, my brain started to boil.
That was it, it all made sense !
It was like a movie you could interact with. Creating worlds just like in books.
How can anything be better than that really ? It became an addiction.

I've been playing these many games, learning to program, creating some graphics,
playing with sound and music, experimenting, doing mistakes...
I basically dedicated myself to it, and I started to look at school as wasted time I could not spend on my passion.

As a young adult, I started to work as a Web developer, then as soon as possible I started being a game programmer.
I was happy and thought I would spend my life working on games, unfortunately this industry is fragile, and companies tend to not last long. I then started work as a software developer, system engineer, and finally became an IT consultant.

So many years later I decided to escape the IT/Game industry to come back to my childhood's dreams,
and get back to what really matters : freedom and making my own games !
I co-funded Hot Fudge Games and we are currently working on New Homeland.

I am pretty sure we can all agree on the awesomeness of legendary games like Super Mario Bros, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, Mega Man, Final Fantasy, Doom, Chrono Trigger, Castlevania, Metal Gear Solid, Half Life, Cave Story, Portal, Minecraft, etc.
The list goes on and on forever...

So instead of singing praises for all these amazing games,
I will try something slightly different and tell you about the games that left a big mark on me,
may they be good or bad games, unknown or famous ones, old or recent, for good or silly reasons !

Tourninet

Ridiculous name, archaic graphics, poor sound effects, basically a cheap Pacman with cars, right ?
Most games were single player and this one was a revelation to me for one reason : the joy of "multiplayer".
The rules were simple but efficient and as such anyone could understand, play and have fun with it,
from uncles, dad to myself. We spent whole nights playing it like crazy, sharing the keyboard for inputs.
Very very good ( shared ) memories.

Kung Fu Master

A classic, pretty fun fighting game with interesting enemies and "all sort of crazy things that might kill you".
Why do I remember it ? well it's a bit silly...
The opponents could grab you and suck your health bar until you die.
To escape, there was only one option : move left-right-left-right as fast as possible...
So yes... I broke 2 joysticks. Thank you game !

Roland In Time

You travel through time and levels using a telephone booth ( Doctor Who's Tardis ?! ).
There were countless levels, a huge world, tons of different ennemis, traps, platforms...
Perfect timing was required, reflexes, and a single pixel could make a big difference.
That goes without saying that this is one of the biggest, longest and most difficult game EVER.

Wizball

The game was good but this title screen is what I will always remember.
It used to be the most beautiful one I have ever seen at the time.

Alex Kidd In Miracle World

There used to be 2 factions really at the time of 8 bits consoles : Nintendo vs. Sega.
I didn't really chose, I had a Master System for Christmas and so became a Sega child.
Alex Kidd was the first game on my first console and this was a great game !
Too bad the next Alex Kidd games were not as good, could have become a franchise like Mario really.

Fantasy Zone

Games used to be expensive, and we had to choose carefully.
At first, I used to be very sad and regret buying this game,
its difficulty made it very frustrating and not fun at all. Also, from the box cover, I was expecting a very different game.
I've never really been into Shoot 'em ups but this one had something special.
Maybe the cute colors and graphics, lovely music, interesting gameplay and bosses...
It took some time to start enjoying, master and finally love this game.

Space Harrier

I remember this title screen and nostalgic/depressing music playing on it.
You then start a new game, and now a very engaging and epic music starts, a true call for battle.
Space Harrier was definitely one of its kind, pretty unique technology and gameplay for that time.
This makes it very memorable already, but add to this the crazy/scary/trippy monsters, bosses and environments
and you have a game you just can't forget.

The Secret of Monkey Island

There it is, one masterpiece ! Beautiful graphics, music, engaging scenario, humour and what an adventure it was !
Everything was there and as a result I skipped so many lunches and dinners.
LucasArts were the kings of adventure games / point and click.
Manic mansion, Indiana Jones, The Day of the Tentacle... All great ones and wonderful memories.

Wolfenstein 3D

Now this is getting serious. A corner stone for the whole game history.
One of the first FPS, the most advanced technology at the time, the first step to modern gaming, and ... the gore and fun !
Then followed the legendary Doom... Do I need to say more ?

Age Of Empires

This game, along with Warcraft II, introduced me to the joys of RTS games.
The cinematics were amazing, the help files were full of historical informations I found so interesting and the game was a blast.
All the sounds effects and voices are simply branded on my brain and my neighbor's one forever.

The Legend Of Zelda : Ocarina of Time

Well, I had to talk about at least one Zelda game right ?
Even though I would say A link to the past is my favorite of all Zelda games, this one is more memorable when it comes to the global feeling, aesthetics, immersion... Hard to describe really, one of the greatest experiences for sure.

Warcraft III

I can easily say this is my favorite RTS game of all time, and the first release was a shock !
Even though it is getting a bit old I am still playing it with pleasure.
Blizzard... please, why don't you develop Warcraft IV !?
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 12:20:40 PM by hotfudgegringo » Logged

gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #8559 on: May 08, 2015, 01:56:28 PM »

No majora's mask ? DEHORS FRENCHIE!  Big Laff
Hope you look at the too numerous zelda analysis thread over here.

Pages: 1 ... 426 427 [428] 429 430 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic