Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 05:05:22 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 427 428 [429] 430 431 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1952479 times)
Seabass
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8560 on: May 10, 2015, 07:28:41 PM »

Hello everyone! My name is Sebastian Nigro. That's actually my name. I'm not one for hiding behind the keyboard. My internet name is Seabass! Yes, like the fish.

So why am I here? Yes, that's actually me and my lovely girlfriend.

I'm here because I have a minor obsession with game development. I hope to take part in this community and share my own work as well. I hope to meet a some good people here and learn more about the independent development community.
nacho_chicken
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8561 on: May 10, 2015, 10:01:52 PM »

Hi, I'm Caleb, AKA nacho_chicken.

I've been gaming for as long as I can remember, and making games for 10 years now. I've been making RPGs for just as long. My favorite types of games to work on are old-school PC-RPGs (E.G. Ultima, Might and Magic, Bard's Tale). I really just want to make a game that I would have loved to play as a kid.

About last year, I fell horribly ill and had to stop doing much of anything. Unfortunately, this meant stopping work on the main project I had been toiling over for 3 years. I'm doing a bit better now, so I'm starting work on a fairly small project just to get my game-making bearings again. I don't get out much due to my illness, but I do stream development on Twitch occasionally. I'd really enjoy it if you'd follow so you can stop by to see how my game is progressing, or just to chat about gaming in general! I plan on running a devlog for my game here so look forward to that as well!

All in all, you seem like a cool bunch, and I hope I'm welcomed here!

I stream development on Twitch! Feel free to come by when I'm streaming and ask questions about my game, how I'm doing, and/or what you ate for dinner last night.

astralxdreamer
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8562 on: May 11, 2015, 02:01:13 AM »

Hey Everyone My names Marzuwq. i'm 26 from the USA Delaware to be exact.

Some of my earliest memories are of playing video games Super Mario 3, Duckhunt, Ninja Gaiden and pretty much all the other NES classics. I liked the original Legend of Zelda as well but never connected with it as I did the others it was fun but I could never find the last 2 castles and completely missed any clues to any explanation of their location. It still annoys me to this day and I have avoided the series since haha

The first real game I actively became obsessed over though was actually on PC called Hero's Quest but later renamed Quest For Glory for legal reasons from what I understand. It was very intriguing to control a character in such an open environment and refreshing to level up and get stronger while solving peoples problems. The graphics were great to me even though they were EGA and limited to 16 colors the artist excelled at creating a picture that you could immerse yourself in with a world of fantastic creatures and humorous characters. I did like the fact however that I had to type in commands to interact with the world outside of movement and combat. If I wanted to ask someone a specific question I typed it in. wanted to throw a rock at something? type it in. Attempt to throw a dagger at the king in the castle? type it in. although the game wouldn't always realize what you were trying to do  it was very good at picking up some of the more outlandish and mischievous behavior I would partake in and punishing me for it with hilarious death scenes. I spent a lot of time on this game. And doing so my reading comprehension and writing/typing skills were improving. I had problems in school around this time though which what I know as an adult now are completely ridiculous. my teacher was claiming I couldn't read and convinced my mother that I couldn't either. I wasn't told this directly until the next year but it still honestly bothers me. Here I was with a teacher who didn't care or couldn't understand my voice and a mother who took her word for it instead of asking me directly how she could help or even attempting to school me on her own. I had to repeat the 2nd grade because of the laziness of my mom and the contempt of some cunt teacher. At least the game believed in me though I was slaying cheetaurs during the day at this point

I always since Quest for glory appreciated games with lore that not only have great gameplay but give you a story surrounding you with fun and interesting characters. It should be no surprise because of this that i've player Nearly EVERY Bioware creation and fell in love again with the Baldurs Gate Series. although the difficulty was very challenging I pushed through it...well no i'm lying I cheated my way entirely through the first one now that I think of it. But I actually trudged through the second one and the Throne Of Bhaal finale without any help my first times through. The graphics never blew me away honestly the prerendered environments looked cool in some areas but it was the tale of the bhaalspawn being a bastard of an evil dead god that really got me. Constantly hunted and persecuted for an understandable reason; It created a sense that even with all the good I was doing in that world and the friends that followed me through my adventures I was still a pariah that never should have existed. Wow now that I think of it reminds me a lot of my negative mindset in middle and high school haha.

Enough about the games that inspired me though; I could write books about all the wonderful others I didn't mention. Since I really played games as a kid I've always wanted to create worlds and games to drive the narrative behind them. I actually wrote a few short stories on one of my first computers and printed them out although I have no recollection what any of them really entailed or were about now. I'm 26 now and have finally begun tinkering with game engines to make my visions come to life in the digital world. It's really liberating and fulfilling seeing something you've worked on come alive. It's also made me understand the design mindset more and why developers always seem to complain in some ways of limitations they face. The first project as a game I envisioned fully and actually STARTED sounds great on paper but I don't yet have the technical, or artistic skill to bring it to life yet but have began to work on a smaller project directly related to it in terms of gameplay and narrative. I know that you simply can't take knowledge out of a community and not contribute in anyway to what already exists  so i'm going to help as many people on their personal journey in this craft by giving feedback and supporting other projects in anyway that I can.

Cheers  Beer!

If you are mighty, gain respect through knowledge and through gentleness of speech.Don't command except as is fitting, -Ptah Hotep
2Mello
Level 0

Composer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8563 on: May 11, 2015, 01:24:44 PM »

Hey there TIGForums! I'm 2 Mello, Mello for short. I'm trying to combine a love for games and love for music to make a career as a composer!

I worked in the electronic and hip-hop genres for over a decade, mostly as a hobby, before creating a silly but heartfelt Chrono Trigger and Jay-Z mashup album called Chrono Jigga in 2013 and reaching some notoriety. I began thinking of music as a career for the first time. Through the exposure I gained in the game community, I also got my first job composing for a video game around this time. I am working on a few different ones now.

I wanted to join the forums to get into closer touch with some of the others working on games around my level. Look forward to meeting many of you!

BiStudio
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8564 on: May 11, 2015, 01:52:50 PM »

Hello everyone,
I just joined this community, we are two brothers who created a small studio indie videogames, we have post a topic on the game we created, let us know what you think Smiley
The game name is Back To Back you can find more info here http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=47927.msg1138341#new
Galejade
Level 0

Writer/Translator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8565 on: May 11, 2015, 03:49:20 PM »

Hi everyone!

I'm Galejade. Am a game writer, among other things. I'm also tiptoing through game dev and programming, I've used some very low-barrier engines during jams and am now trying to play with Unity. I've silently wandered around until I decided to create this account. Hopefully, I'll make some new partnerships and such here Smiley

See you around!
bootant
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8566 on: May 12, 2015, 11:16:37 AM »

My name is Anton.

I developed a few iOS games including BeeCells, CrazyTanks, Victory Day, Victory March, U-Boot and Fruit Cells.

I look like this:

I grew up in the Soviet Union behind the Iron Curtain.
It was more difficult for me to get into games because
I didn't have anything like NES (like most of you cool kids here) when I was growing up.
One of my first games was Tetris on a text monitor:

I was hooked. I taught myself C and I am doing programming since then.

I am working on ten or twenty (i don't remember) different projects right now.
One of them is this platformer

Can you see my love of Tetris on this screenshot?
Cool game. You should play it. I mean Tetris.

My web site: http://www.bootant.com
IvorEvilen
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8567 on: May 12, 2015, 02:33:37 PM »

Hello, my name is Stephen, and I am relatively new to the indie scene.  A friend recommended this site to me, so here I am!

I am currently a graduate student attending Purdue University, going for my Masters in Computer Graphics.  Games have basically been my life for as long as I can remember, and I've been developing games since the days of the Starcraft map editor (so awhile).  I always have a series of personal, work, and school projects on my plate.

Primarily I am a game programmer, although I do have experience with asset development (3D modeling, animation, digital painting, etc.).  Luckily, this means I can generally crank out a project on my own... but I tend to bite off more than I can chew >_>

My primary interest would the be the rpg genre.  I am huge old-school rpg junkie (Dragon Quest, Om Nom Nom Nom!).  So if anyone wants to chat with me about that, you could get me going for HOURSSSSS!

Anyway, I'll be around!
gradiustheguide
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8568 on: May 13, 2015, 07:28:37 AM »

Hi everyone!

www.kaioliver.co.uk

My name is Kai Oliver. Making games of any variety has been a passion of mine for a long time.

I'm currently studying my second Masters at the National Film and Television School just outside of London. It's an amazing school where we get to work with teams of sound designers, cinematographers, digital FX modellers and animators, film composers, and screen writers to name but a few!

I just recently finished the UKIE Games Jam with both years of the course making some awesome games based around the theme of Identity Crisis. Everything broke, there were bleurry eyes and mountains of snacks, and a lot of fun was had Smiley

Mega interested in interaction design as a whole practise, virtual and physical alike.

Come say hi at Develop if you are going, or if you see me jamming Smiley I look like this:

Let's go make games :D
kaliba
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8569 on: May 13, 2015, 02:12:08 PM »

Hello everyone i am Mert and I am new in the indie games.

I am currently a VCD student and this is my last year. Games have passion my life and I do game assets,3D modeling, animation etc. and I have programmer friend called Net he and i launched our first indie game called Swingman and Friends on App Store this week!! I am addicted to arcade games and thats why we made a arcade game anyways ill be around  see ya all!

MartinM
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8570 on: May 13, 2015, 03:26:02 PM »

Hi everyone!

My name is Martin M. I'm the biz guy and co-founder of  Cosmogonia.

My story is similar to most of you: I love playing games and I spent a whole lot of my life playing them that when having to choose what to do with my life I decided to put all that energy into a good use. I have a BA in Animation an Digital Arts for ITESM Campus Guadalajara, I started working in games in a profesional capacity since 2010, and soon realised I was way better at handling business stuff surrounding games than doing code/animation/modeling.

The team is currently working in BitUp, A side scrolling, exploration Hack-N'-Slash game in a Cubist-Impressionist world. A game kept hidden by its legendary creator, while its protagonist looks for answers.

We are starting a devlog later today, as we would love your feedback.

Let's do this!
webslingerm
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8571 on: May 13, 2015, 05:24:01 PM »

Hello TIGSource!

My name is Michael. I'm a long time computer programmer and am getting into game development with my 8 year old son and 5 year old daughter. I'm looking forward to sharing our adventure with you guys :-)

-Michael
neilgomes
Level 0

That's my sausage dawg and her name is shorty.arrg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8572 on: May 13, 2015, 08:27:42 PM »

hello,

I am neil from malaysia. I created game in C2 and unity.

Here are some of the screenshot from my game that i created.

AmaryllFox
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8573 on: May 14, 2015, 05:07:26 AM »

Hi all!
My name is Alex.
I'm representing 80.lv web-site and i PROMISE not to spam here, just post interesting articles, intervievs and inform you about new games
 Coffee
Electric Fruit
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8574 on: May 14, 2015, 05:10:39 AM »

Hi Everybody, long time lurker, first time poster.

I have recently moved to london and found myself in a position where I can afford to spend some time seriously trying to become and indie developer.

I have released a few games over the last couple of years to medium to no success but I'm hoping that will change if I really put some effort in to it.

I have just started a develop for my latest game Puzzle Sweeper that should hopefully release shortly.

Look forward to meeting you all in the forums.

John (Electric Fruit)

Hit me up on Twitter - @ElectricFruit1

Check out the Devlog here

http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=47983.0

Please check out the devlog of my latest game Puzzle Sweeper

http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=47983.0

Wytchlight
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8575 on: May 14, 2015, 09:15:39 AM »

Hi,
My name is Dave and along with my wife Jen we are Wytchlight Games. So far we have finished two games, Lemmy Lizard vs The Mecha-Eggs and Exploding Imp, and are well on our way to finishing our third, Space Thinger.
I'm an old school gamer with my first ever computer being a Compukit UK101 which was the UK version of the Ohio Superboard, so long ago that there wasn't even a games industry so i had to write everything myself, or more likely get my brother to do it as he is both older and cleverer than me. Since then I've owned an Atari 400 (still working to this day), C64, Atari ST, Amiga and various PC's as well as a whole host of games consoles including every gen of Xbox and PlayStation. So as you can tell I'm rather fond of gaming....

macbee
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8576 on: May 14, 2015, 12:44:46 PM »

Hi! I'm Marcelo "Macbee" from Brazil.
I play video games for 30 years. Now I'm starting to develop my own games (an old dream).

Hope to make new friends and professional contacts here. Smiley

Marcelo Barbosa
http://www.tcheco.com
SpockvsData
Level 0

Jet Drift Studio

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8577 on: May 15, 2015, 11:08:44 AM »

Hello Everyone! My name is Lucas, otherwise know as SpockvsData on most sites. I want to start using this site to get more into game development.

I have been gaming most of my life, and enjoy many games from STALKER to Afterburner. I am really into emulating and also playing the older games that I have on their original hardware.

I am part of Jet Drift Studio with my friend, soap. I am primarily serving as a programmer on our projects.
I will be most active on the code sections of this forum!

Feel free to contact me about Unity development, I am always willing to learn something new.

Thank You all, See you around!  Gentleman
Saithir
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8578 on: May 15, 2015, 11:37:38 PM »

Hey there!

I'm Marcin Ruszkiewicz, otherwise known mostly as Saithir (don't ask what it means, I use it for so long I forgot) or a couple other names Wink I'm a programmer from Poland, currently living in Warsaw and trying to make ends meet by making games. It kinda works.

I was playing games since I was about 8 or maybe 9 - I've started on a Commodore 64, then progressed to Amiga, and PC, consoles and phones. I usually play RPGs, strategy games and I have a weakness for all things procedural.

Somewhere along the road I've studied computer science on the local university, but it was so boring I dropped it and started to work as a PHP programmer. Few years of that and again I had enough, so I found a small firm in another city to work on games, because why not? Making games shouldn't be as boring as making websites.

We weren't very successful though, but I've learned quite a lot doing mostly contract work with them, so now I'm on my own.

Apart from games, I enjoy board games (especially cooperative ones like Battlestar Galactica), fantasy and sci-fi books and movies, comics and other random stuff. I'm also a fan (and a semi-regular player, at least when time allows) of World of Warcraft and Eve Online. Especially the latter one, which is pretty much the best MMO game ever made.

Right now I'm secretly working on a web/mobile roguelikelike with a little twist. But shush, you haven't heard anything.

challen
Level 0

Reservwars

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8579 on: May 16, 2015, 02:39:07 AM »

Hello,

Hello, I’m Baylor from the USA, director and lead programmer for Reservwars. http://reservwars.com

I’m very excited to be working on a new upcoming game Reservwars bring a creative vision to life. This vision includes a fun real time strategy game players enjoying this new game and enjoying playing the game with friends. I really enjoy new video gaming experiences as well as exploration, strategy and character building games, such as Civilization, Demon’s Souls and Minecraft.

My goal this year is to release a fun game you can play with friends.
I wish everyone else the best and keep your fingers crossed for Reservwars.

game creator
Pages: 1 ... 427 428 [429] 430 431 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic