Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411279 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 05:35:22 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 432 433 [434] 435 436 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1907420 times)
Ark
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8660 on: June 07, 2015, 05:24:47 PM »

Hi!

I'm an artist and composer. Always wanted to work on my own video games, but until now... I wasn't all that lucky to be honest... I hope to change it soon though. This is partly a reason why I'm here. But from the other side... I really love this forum. So many great projects! So many talented people! Kind of want my own project to be here too. Would be a honor, really.

P.S. Oh, English isn't my first language, so I might say something weird once in a while. Bear with me.

P.P.S. My favorite games: Soul Blazer series, Prince of Persia series, Castlevania series, Panzer Dragoon series, Longest Journey/Dreamfall series.

qwetro
Level 0

Werner Zhang

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8661 on: June 07, 2015, 08:57:39 PM »

Hi, everyone.
I'm from China, and I've been working in game industry for 4 years, and making indie games for only 1 year. I'm still working in a game company, like many other companies there're so many restrictions here to create games, that's one reason I started to make indie games.

My first game is a puzzle game called CHetauGet. The basic idea is from a game on Windows Phone which so far has no Android or iOS version, that's why I'm making it. CHetauGet is developed using cocos2d-x engine. I've published it in China, there's still some bugs and optimations that I'm gonna get done, only after that, I'll get it online.

So, this is me and what I do, I wanna make some friends here, to discuss game design, maybe even make some games together. Corny Laugh
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 11:55:24 PM by qwetro » Logged

Dindondil
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8662 on: June 08, 2015, 07:11:17 AM »

Hello everyone!

I am Alexis, a french developer. My background is more in game design but I'm now doing a lot of programming and game dev on Unity... since a good 4 years now.
I used to follow and still follow some devlogs on the tigsource forums and I now intend to share progress in my current project on a dedicated topic in the devlogs sections.

I am glad to be here and looking forward to interesting discussions ;-)

Thanks and have a good day!
daggada
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8663 on: June 08, 2015, 08:33:49 AM »

Hi there,

My name is Devin, and I'm a hobbyist game programmer. I work a regular 9-5 corporate job also as a programmer, but my real passion in for games. It's weird, sometimes I find myself enjoying game programming more than playing games, almost like it's its own game within itself. Here's me done up in the style of my current project FATHOM (http://www.fathomthegame.com), an underwater action-RTS. Sorry for the enormity of the pic.

Anyway I have a wife and kids, and so my hours on gamedev tend to get pushed into the late night, which works since I'm a bit of a night owl, or at least, I try to be. Looking to mix it up with you guys, and learn, since you probably know way more than me about this stuff.

Skratti
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8664 on: June 08, 2015, 08:55:09 AM »

Hi, I'm Andreas Kastirke-Richter.
I play computer games since the early 1990s, interrupted by school, university, family, work, and in the last five years by writing a computer game. I like most genres, just sports and music never really caught my attention.

Here are some of my favorite games in mostly chronological order (sequels are not named explicitly): Supremacy, Sim City, Settler, Civilization, Empires Deluxe, Wolfenstein, Anno 1602, Star Control 2, Master of Orion, Homeworld, the Total War series (also with mods), Europa Universalis 3 and Crusader Kings 2,  a bit of the Elder Scrolls series...

The game I am writing (stable, open alpha) is comparable to the standard 4X games mentioned above, with the exception that it's fully online and a MMO-title.
The MMO part was the reason to program the game. My friends and I played several multiplayer games of various titles. We did not finish a single one, because these games just take too much time.
My own game does 6 turn summaries per day, with most values stacking up indefinitely. So players may log in and out as they want, without the need to make appointments.
If you are curious about the game, watch out for it in the the playtesting area ...
Wickedbeast92
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8665 on: June 08, 2015, 04:49:11 PM »

Hey folks!

My name is Erik and i'm a game designer from Sweden, currently working on my first project. I have been working on and off with the source engine ever since Half-Life 2 came out. I just put my game up on Steam Greenlight and now i'm interested in sharing information about my project as well as checking out what other cool games the indie industry is working on. Smiley

This site looks neat!
KlatsKlatsGames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8666 on: June 08, 2015, 05:43:03 PM »

Greetings TIGs!

We are Klats Klats Games from Ukraine!

Our team consists of two bumbling crawfishes, who decided to try to create their own games in the third decade of their life.

First one started to be interested in 3D graphic ever since his claw has grown to the size of a computer mouse Smiley.
So now he is drawing every pixel in our games, and also generating cool ideas and solutions of any problems.

Meanwhile the second crawfish just played different computer games and knew, that it's not easy to create really nice and perfect game with beautiful graphics, appropriate sounds, quality gameplay and feedbacks for every player's action. Anyway watching the progress of the video games industry Facepalm, he could not stay away... A year ago he decided to meddle and started to study the programming Hand Metal Right.

During this year we:
- began developing Construct Pro (see the screenshot on our site)
- understood, that this project needs more than two people and couple of hours in a day
- delayed Construct Pro and invented more modest game for mobile platforms - GeoSphere
- developed GeoSphere, which for now needs player's feedback

Everyone has to find his "socket" in life and do his job the best he can. Someone sings songs, someone builds huge liners. We are developing video games, and we like it!

« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 06:46:13 PM by KlatsKlatsGames » Logged

Maxiemini
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8667 on: June 09, 2015, 12:55:21 AM »

Well, I am Maxiemini, my real name is Robbe, but you can call me Max.
I'm a 14 y/o boy from Belgium and well, I absolutely love videogames.

The first time I played a game I was about 3 years old. My mom and dad bought me and my brother a Nintendo DS. The first one, not the lite or the new 2DS or 3DS or something, no the first ever DS. I loved it to bits, I could play on it for decades (literally). After that came a PS2 with the original NFS:MW and GTA SA and Ratchet and Clank: Gladiator.
I still remember every game I played on that one.
Then the PSP came, playing it late at night in my bed and early in the morning, as well as when we were traveling. I didn't like as much as the DS but what do you know: I still loved it.
After that came the XBOX360. Today it is still the console I play on the most. I don't know what it is about the PS3, but I like the xbox way more.
Here came the games that I will love forever: Dishonored, Skyrim, Minecraft, Dark Souls I and II, Diablo,... In this period I became addicted to rpgs. To this day, I play them all.
Then I got my first PC and I immediately joined the PC master race. Now I could play Skyrim in ultra high quality and with MODS. It became my life. Make mods, publish mods, download mods, play mods, repeat. With over 300 hours clocked for Skyrim, you could say that was when I became a gamer. Also Prison Architect, Thief, WoW, Runescape,... I played them all and I loved, love and will love them forever.

Then there was a time in 9th grade where I said to myself: "Why always play games when you can MAKE them?" I started learning to code, learning how to use 3DSMax, Unity,... But I never finished it. And that's why I'm here now. I want to retry making a game. I want to retry changing my life. I want to retry changing myself.

I like turtles.
skaz
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8668 on: June 09, 2015, 01:17:31 AM »

I'd say 14 is not to late to try to change Wink I try it at double that age. Good luck from a French neighbour.
PS: thanks for the beer your country brew.

LOST FORTRESS site! 2d action adventure exploration in an abandoned Dwarf fortress, overrun by weird slug-like creatures.
Maxiemini
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8669 on: June 09, 2015, 01:36:28 AM »

I'd say 14 is not to late to try to change Wink I try it at double that age. Good luck from a French neighbour.
PS: thanks for the beer your country brew.

Thanks!
PS: Merci pour les crêpes française! Ils sont délicieux! (Thanks for the French crêpes! They are delicious!) I really hope that is correct XD

I like turtles.
jovan.vesic
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8670 on: June 09, 2015, 12:49:35 PM »

Hello.

My name is Jovan, I live in Belgrade, Serbia, and I make games and music (and do some freelance graphic design from time to time to earn some money).  

Two years ago, me and my two friends started what will later become Moonburnt Studio (twitter | facebook).

So we started this 2.5D point-and-click steampunk adventure game as a project for amazing Multimadeira 2-month long artist residency (organized 2013 on beautiful Portuguese island Madeira), but after working on it for a while the idea got out of control and so here we are, almast two years later having a real studio and big expectations.

Since I was little (btw I'm 30 now) I liked playing games (PC only), and I have some background in programming (studied "Computer and Applied Physics" for 3 years on Belgrade University). But at the end I got my Master degree in philosophy, and got into graphic design and animation somehow. And I studied and played music basically whole my life. So when it came to assigning roles, I got: developing the world, writing story, puzzles, doing animations, lights, VFX, and of course music and SFX.

Oh and, if you are interested in hearing some music I do you can check http://bc.inje.rs (my main band) or http://soundcloud.com/vesic (some solo stuff).

So, not to spam here with the current details about our game, here's an old picture of me holding an early concept/schematic for a scene we did back at Multimadeira (2013)

So, nice to meet you all Smiley

site  |  devlog  |  twitter  |  facebook | indieDB
vividhelix
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8671 on: June 10, 2015, 01:15:42 PM »

Hi there,

My name is Radu, I live in Calgary Canada. I'm a programmer at heart, currently working on Semispheres. I've worked outside of the games industry for a while, then moved to mobile (both apps and games, both Android and iOS) and I'm currently transitioning to targeting PC.

I've been a lurker here for a while now (under a different account) and just decided to make myself more accountable for more progress on my game by starting a devlog. Hope it works Smiley

Cheers!

OneWheel
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8672 on: June 10, 2015, 02:03:18 PM »

I'm a solo dev building low poly games in my spare time. I dream of building games full time, but then don't we all? I'm a high school teacher during the day and game dev at night.

I love the low poly (flat shaded variety) look. As a non-artist its not too hard to get something that looks good and I think it can look amazing with the right colors and shading.

I used Unity and Blender to create my game(s). I'm fully self-taught with both. Each day I learn something new and get a bit better at the art of game design.
YanMagalhaes
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8673 on: June 10, 2015, 02:30:53 PM »

Hey you all  Beer!

I'm Yan Magalhães, level designer at Overlord Game Studio

Very pleased to meet you.
Sam Oz
Level 0

French composer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8674 on: June 10, 2015, 03:07:47 PM »

Hi everybody, (and sorry for my English not really good)

My name is Sam Oz, I am a French composer, I'm working in the music for some time and I like video games, and I love Independant video games !

I am open and likes to discuss, bring my ideas, make more than music. I love when the dialogue is present, and that the team communicates.

Regarding video games, I love different styles, but I have a weakness for adventure games.
I am also a big fan of 2D and some creations presented here make me dream (Obviously, I will not forsake video games in 3D) !

The video games is for me a real art, as can be film, music, literature, etc... And I like when video games akin to poetry !

I made a presentation as a composer (with links to my music) here: http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=48397.msg1146342#msg1146342

Nice to meet you  Beer!

Composer and sound designer

Soundcloud
Twitter
Facebook
Little Pixel
TIGBaby

Pixel art for days!

View Profile
« Reply #8675 on: June 10, 2015, 04:41:48 PM »

Hello there! My name is Little Pixel (No info will be given about my real name)

I am from a place called the Faroe Island and I've live there happily for my whole life! (As of yet)
Also I am a gamer, I've been a gamer for about eleven and a half years. I started gaming a bit young and that's one reason I'm very into gaming these days. If i remember correctly then my first gaming console was the N64 and my second one was a Xbox (The first Xbox)

Some of my favorite games from the N64 would include Golden eye, Super Mario 64 and Mario Party.
My favorite game series of all time would be Halo since I've kinda played it since I started gaming, and that is one reason I love it so much.

I also really like music, some of witch is Metal, Dubstep, Classical, Rock and many more!

I also really like making pixel art most of witch I post on my Deviant art page.
But here have a look at one of my pieces of pixel art:

Note: This isn't the best one I've made but it's one I really like :3

Welp, that's about all I have to talk about!
Hope I end up meeting new and cool people here.

I am very pleased to meet to all  Gentleman
jazzmaster9
Level 0

Avid Game Designer.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8676 on: June 10, 2015, 10:14:19 PM »

Hello I'm jazzmaster9, Very nice to meet you all.
I've been making games as a hobby for a few years now. Avid Game Maker user  Beer!.

Retro games have been a part of my gaming life, I wanted to make games in that same retro style. I like to bring back the old school style and give them that modern feel. I want to share my childhood gaming experience to everyone.
I did a lot of classic FPS clones in the past, I've now moved on the make more original content.
currently working on an arcade shooter called Operation: Tank Command 3.

I also want to learn more about Pixel Art and MIDI Music composition for games.

Favorite games:
DooM, Wolfenstein, Quake, Command and Conquer, Mario, Rise of the Triad, Metal Slug.

People who inspire me:
John Romero, Ken Levine, Tom Hall, Derek Yu Smiley, Shigeru Miyamoto, Koji Kondo, Bobby Prince, Lee Jackson.

LTPATS
Level 0

odd games, odd time signatures

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8677 on: June 10, 2015, 10:41:52 PM »

Howdy folks!

My name is Nathan, I've lurked here for a couple years and I finally got around to registering! I make games under Lonely Troll Productions and music as A Thorny Succulent. Been doing general art stuff my whole life, composing music for about a decade and making games for a couple years. I have a BS in Game Art & Design but I learned most of what I know about game design outside out school through the internet and by making lots of games.

I've made a couple dozen games as practice and I'm now starting the transition into making more polished and commercialized games. My most successful project is Pissing Simulator [NSFW], a physics puzzler / sandbox about bodily fluids, which I'm hoping to update soon when time allows.

In addition to that I am working on an idle RPG with RainbowSexyFish, who I've previously collaborated with on other projects. The game is ready for playtesting and we are very excited!

I love lowpoly art, pixel art, and heavily-stylized art in general, though I'm open to other aesthetics as well. I'm a huge fan of technical death metal, mathrock / core, chiptunes (FM in particular), drum & bass, dubstep, classical, and whatever other wacky experimental stuff I stumble across.

I'm looking forward to getting to know the folks here and participating in all the interesting discussions Grin. Nice to meet y'all!

GeoToad
TIGBaby

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8678 on: June 11, 2015, 08:58:51 AM »

Hello, I'm Matt from Sweden and I'm a newbie gaming programmer. I started learning Unity a year or two ago, but I'm looking to make a switch to Android games. I am learning how to program games with Android and my first project will be sort of a geocaching game inspired by geotoad. Like I said, I am a newbie, so I am hoping that by joining TIG, I'll learn from you guys. See you around!

Avid skier, and budding game programmer. Remember, folks, friends don't let friends use IE.
RainbowSexyFish
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8679 on: June 11, 2015, 10:01:07 AM »

Hi! I'm Kristin, I'm from the US. I've been making games as a hobbyist for a bit over a year. I am working on making games more seriously. Up till now I have mostly just used Stencyl, but am working on moving over to Unity.

I have worked in the past (and still do) with Lonely Troll Productions, which has proven itself to be a prosperous partnership.
Pages: 1 ... 432 433 [434] 435 436 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic