Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 10:58:47 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 436 437 [438] 439 440 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1951233 times)
hakcan
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8740 on: July 09, 2015, 11:36:43 AM »

Hello, My name is Huseyin. I'm an indie developer. I do develop games on my spare time, and mostly for fun.
Tacitus_Umbra
Level 0

All the things!

View Profile
« Reply #8741 on: July 09, 2015, 06:30:11 PM »

Hello, I am Nino. I have currently dropped out of university to make games. I planned on doing this until the 2008 crash and word was back then they didn't need artists, so I went into philosophy and anthropology until recently. There's been some oddities in university lately. People acted more like drones, so I jumped ship and decided to reorient myself to making games. Don't have any experience past drawing, writing and design, but I'm pretty quick on the pickup.

Thank you for your time in reading this post.
jesanchezgo
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8742 on: July 10, 2015, 01:01:12 AM »

Hi everyone!!!!

My name is Jesús and I am a Software Engineer and I am working as a Java Software Developer and IT Architect. But  when I can take time for myself, I develop iOS and Android games.

Best regards and nice to meet you all!!!!
Museraco
Level 0

Higher and higher!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8743 on: July 10, 2015, 07:05:35 AM »

Hi I'm Marc, I'm 21 and I'm from Spain. I'm currently in my last year of my Translation and Interpretation degree. I speak Spanish, Catalan, English, French and can get by in German. I've loved videogames ever since my brohter let me play Super Mario on the NES. I want to make my Final Degree Project about videogames so I need to find an Indie developer that lets me translate one of his/her games into Spanish or Catalan preferably. I have experience as a translator and I just came back from my Junior year abroad in United States, so now that I'm back to the shack I'd like to follow my dreams and all that hahaha. So if you're interested in my services or just bored, talk to me! -> [email protected]

If you want to learn Spanish for free, here\'s a nice way (of course created by me)<br /><br />http://www.twitter.com/inglesatope
Diabetes Forecast
« Reply #8744 on: July 10, 2015, 09:08:10 AM »

Today's forecast is about 8 degrees of glucose over from yesterday, putting this post at 115 glucose index. mild chance of muffin storms and a light drizzle of soda throughout the day.

anti minimalist forever
Motoko1
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8745 on: July 10, 2015, 01:49:22 PM »

Hello.

I am interested in advertising a game I play and love and am admin of.

It is a Direct Draw based game, and is about 17 years old.

Here is a link.

http://www.aranock-online.co.uk/

It is a lot of fun and is very unique.

foreignsubstances
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8746 on: July 10, 2015, 02:51:07 PM »

Hello!

I'm primarily working on composition for games. I have played in bands doing ambient/experimental/noise work in a variety of groups, but I am looking for something new. I also have a sci-fi text adventure in the works, which may also have music.  The first game I remember playing as a kid was E.T. The Extra Terrestrial, so I'm lucky I didn't run away screaming.

Some favorites: LIMBO, Castlevania: SoTN, Tomba!, Rez. A lot of PC games as well. I dropped out of games for quite some time, but have gotten back into them recently, following Double Fine.

I'm still figuring out whether developing games is for me, but I hope to meet some like-minded people here.

Gentleman

Scrap
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #8747 on: July 10, 2015, 03:20:44 PM »

Hey everyone,

Hopefully this is posted in the right section.. or at least one that won't get me in trouble.  I've been lurking for a couple days but still not 100% on where this should be posted.

Anyway...

I'm a sound guy.  I just graduated from Columbia College Chicago with a degree in Audio for Visual Media.  I'm able to create, record, manipulate, and edit audio for all forms of visual media (Television, film, video games, apps, etc). 

I'm also a huge gamer.  I've been playing video games since I could hold a controller (About 21 years).  I actually started my college career studying video game development before I discovered my love for audio and swapped majors.

With that being said, my dream career is to work as a sound designer for video games.  I reached out to a few companies in the Chicago area and asked for any advice on how to get into the field, and one of the places I was directed to was TIGForums. 

I guess I'm just here to introduce myself, meet some cool developers and ask for any advice anyone has on getting started.  Finding work in this field is surprisingly difficult despite everyone's claims that sound guys are in high demand.  So if anyone has any advice, opportunities, or is even just looking to network, any replies would be awesome!
B3nji
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8748 on: July 10, 2015, 07:53:14 PM »

Hi to anyone who's taken the time to read this!

My name is Benji, I'm a college student in Greenville, South Carolina.  I spend the entirety of my free time either playing games or making them.  I love writing code and I'm studying programming in school, but so far the classes are far below my experience level and are progressing at a snails pace. 

Right now, I work mostly in Unity coding in C#, but I have experience making games in multiple engines and know a variety of languages.  I'm not the best programmer (or game designer), but I love what I do and I'm always looking for opportunities to learn new things.

My dream job is to be an independent game developer, but I'm pursuing a degree in case that doesn't work out (which seems to be very likely, unfortunately). 

I also enjoy digital art (both 3D and 2D), but my artistic abilities are somewhat lacking.

Right now, my goal is to make enough money off a game or app to quit my job at Wendy's.
pistola
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8749 on: July 10, 2015, 09:40:14 PM »

Hey hey,

I'm Luke, I'm an artist/illustrator/animator from Australia. I'm currently working on a 'prototype' game in a small 3-person team.

We're building a 2D point & click adventure game in Unity using Adventure Creator and a few other bits and pieces.

The current project we're working on is our first attempt at a game. It's a very small scale project intended for us to just learn the necessary skills and workflow, and we'd love to get input and feedback from the community as we work on it.

Beyond that, I personally am a trained artist who teaches fine arts and cartooning classes for kids and adults. I enjoy indie games over triple A games generally and I love storytelling in whatever medium (illustration, comics, film, animation, games etc).

Cheers!

Artist/Animator on Three Beards, a first attempt at a 2D point-and-click adventure game.
Josh Yaxley
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8750 on: July 11, 2015, 04:53:52 AM »

Hi!

My name is Josh, and this is what I looked like when I graduated from university:

I first started programming when I was 11, and have been doing it on and off for the past 10 years, taking it a bit more seriously recently.

I've been working on my current project for 6 months, and will post in the playtesting forum to get some feedback on it Smiley
Okami0
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8751 on: July 11, 2015, 09:53:43 AM »

Hi, my name is Okami and I've been playing games since I was 3. The first game I remember playing is Super Mario Sunshine foron my brother's GameCube. The first game I ever owned (and still have) is Sonic Heroes. 

I plan on making games on the RPG Marker engine and I started a Indiegogo to raise money for a developer setup.

I'm also a writer and high school student.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2015, 10:16:47 AM by Okami0 » Logged

Okami狼
yannish
TIGBaby

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8752 on: July 11, 2015, 07:43:15 PM »

Hey guys,

My name's Ian, I've been working in the industry for a few years in and around Toronto, Canada. You can see some of my random work and find out a bit more about me here if you like:

https://iangsinclair.squarespace.com/

Looking forward to sharing a bit of what I've been up to in my free time with people here.

Get at me!

hi
SpectrumGame
Level 0

Elon Musk fan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8753 on: July 11, 2015, 09:22:54 PM »

Hey everyone, my name is Mido Basim and I'm a software engineer/game developer from New Zealand  Wink

I have been working on my own game for quite some time now (~3 years) and hope to release it soon.
I found out about this forum recently and wanted to join in the fun.

Have a good day.  Coffee
onedreamer
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8754 on: July 12, 2015, 07:56:28 PM »

Alright here goes.
My name is Gareth Ffoulkes I'm a 20 year old indie game dev from Darwin, Australia (the one with the crocodiles).

I've been working on http://www.one-dreamer.com/ for a long time and finally have a demo up http://gamejolt.com/games/one-dreamer/77508

I do the coding and pixel art while my mates do the music and voice acting.

By the way my grammer is terrible
CarbonHack
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8755 on: July 13, 2015, 08:07:20 AM »

Hi everyone!

I'm Greg, working at young independent studio Reikon Games on our first game, Ruiner. I'm doing mostly CM stuff, but also trying to level up my skills in Unreal and do some dev now and then. It's really nice to join the community of creators - I'm looking forward to playtest some fresh games and exchange ideas!

Cheers! Smiley

Chekr
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8756 on: July 13, 2015, 03:43:18 PM »

Hey.

I'm Chek. I have a degree in Game & Simulation Programming and professional experience with robotics and simulation development.

I'm a U.S. resident and I prefer c++ development, though I have plenty of experience with java, c#, and a bit of python.
DXimenes
Level 0

writer, pixel artist, game designer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8757 on: July 14, 2015, 07:20:28 AM »

Hello everyone Smiley
My name is Daniel Ximenes. I'm a writer, game designer and pixel artist (in this order) from Rio de Janeiro, Brasil.
I'm from Kimeric Labs, a game dev team from Rio de Janeiro, and we're currently working on our first big project, Satellite Rush.

It's been quite a while since I've participated in a Forum. I'm looking forward to it Smiley
Sunrisekingdom
Level 0

Hello!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8758 on: July 15, 2015, 01:21:54 PM »

Hi everyone! My name is Joey. Me and my brother has been making video games for years and we're looking forward, being part of this community.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 01:28:08 PM by Sunrisekingdom » Logged
FatBaby
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8759 on: July 15, 2015, 04:36:18 PM »

Hey everyone,

I'm Sean. Previously, I worked on a variety of games (RTS, brawler, puzzle, casual) at AAA and f2p web/mobile studios as a programmer or product manager. I mostly enjoy playing shooters (1st and 3rd-person), brawlers, and platformers but like most other genres, too. I'm currently pursuing my passion - building indie games.

At the moment, I am working on a game called Fat Baby Galaxy:

Pages: 1 ... 436 437 [438] 439 440 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic