Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411502 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 03:34:33 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 437 438 [439] 440 441 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1952134 times)
nikodil
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8760 on: July 16, 2015, 03:32:46 AM »

Hi there,

My name is Felix Ungman and been into computer games for as long as I remember (i.e like pre-historic times). I like all sorts of games, but my special interest is multiplayer real-time tactical war-games, like the Total War and Combat Mission series, and have been exploring the technological requirements for this genre for the last couple of years.

I’ve been lurking this site for a while, and I must say it’s such a great place to visit when you need a little inspiration and motivation.

jthespacec
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8761 on: July 16, 2015, 09:52:09 AM »

Hey all.

I just learned about this site when asking another dev where I might post my game build for feedback and to get in touch with a community. So I'm here, saying hi Smiley

My name's Kevin Murphy, I'm 28 (at time of writing, I guess), and I'm a new Irish game developer developing PC games in Unity (let's say). I trade as RetroNeo games and my website for that will be coming soon at www.retroneogames.com

I blog on game issues every Sunday and I regularly post game jam games on my personal site www.kevinmurphygames.com

I look forward to getting to know you guys.

Kev
missfacetious
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8762 on: July 16, 2015, 09:52:29 PM »

Hello everyone, I'm Lisa also known on the twitters as MissFacetious as well.  I'm a programmer by trade, to which I did professionally for around 10 years until I realized ladies need to make some games too and I was wasting my time on business applications.  I decided to move into game dev at the beginning of this year because of that, and I have been slowly getting my art and music up to speed for consumer consumption so I can eventually make a career out of it, and I feel it's already started to improve. I must admit that when in high school so many years ago I made 21 games in Klik & Play.  I have no idea what made me stop, but I'm back and I hope never to leave again.  I end up making ridiculously cute games and would like to find any group who wants to support more cuteness in the world. Thank you in advanced for being a non-cruel community forum. Here's a lovely example of a game I made so sweet, it'll give you cavities.

Anyway, I'm working on another game for the Wii U at the moment, a lovely drop puzzle game, and hopefully will be able to get it Greenlit when the time comes. So happy to be here and hope to get some good insights plus some support for my games! ^_^

I make cute games http://intropygames.com
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #8763 on: July 17, 2015, 04:59:53 AM »

i always wanted to make game in what i called 'pink punk', ie game so assumingly cute that it became sickening.

you are welcome on these board.

therevillsgames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8764 on: July 17, 2015, 10:38:00 PM »

Hi All!

My name is Steve, I'm one half of The Revills Games, a small indie development team based in sunny South Australia. The other half is my wife, Kylie Smiley

I'm English (I got my Aussie citizenship last year) from Sheffield and Kylie is Australian from Adelaide.

We have been making casual games for a few years now with some success.

I've been programming games since I was about 8 on the best 8-bit computer to date, the Amstrad 464 CPC! I'm a professional software engineer by trade and I create games by night Wink

Hope to meet some like minded game devs on here!

Cheers,
Steve

yanneyanen
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8765 on: July 18, 2015, 08:11:40 AM »

Hello,
My name is Janne Markkula and I'm and independent game developer from Helsinki, Finland. In most places on the internet I use the name yanneyanen. I thought I already had an account here, but I guess I never got around to it. Well, I'm here now  Coffee

I've been working on a top-down action adventure game called And So It Was for the past 4 years. I started with almost zero knowledge of game development (programming was my biggest obstacle; I did know how to model and animate in 3d) so it has taken way longer than it should, but it's finally close to being done, and will release this year!
I have also participated in a couple of game jams and made a few smaller games while working on ASIW.

As for gaming, some of the first games I remember playing are Indiana Jones and the Fate of the Atlantis on Mac (which is pretty amazing considering I didn't know any English at the time), Commander Keen and other Apogee stuff on DOS and Contra and Mario on the NES. As a kid I played through pretty much every freeware and shareware game I could find on the PC, but I also played on console, particularly on the Playstation. From that era, Crash Bandicoot continues to be one of my favorite games and I play through it yearly. I'm also a pretty big fan of Metal Gear Solid. My other favorites include (but are certainly not limited to) Warcraft III, Pokemon Red/Blue, Shovel Knight, The Banner Saga, Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons, Shadow of The Colossus and Hotline Miami.

Also, I look like this, if you're interested.

dan19
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8766 on: July 18, 2015, 11:38:59 AM »

Hi, I'm Dan Shved, aka dan19, a programmer/mathematician from Russia. I picked the nickname dan19 about 10 years ago when registering for a programming competition, because "dan" was already taken. Guess how old I was at the time ^_^. Now I'm sticking with it out of sheer stubbornness.

I've been programming since around 9 years old. Always trying to make an MS-DOS game with my little brother. Didn't finish anything back then. Well, it's 20 years later, and he finally talked me into doing this for real, so here I am.

SnowOwl
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8767 on: July 19, 2015, 01:38:45 AM »

Hello, I'm SnowOwl, and I've been making games for about 4-5 years now. It's mostly a hobby to me and I've got a day job. All my games are free and I don't plan to change that anytime soon.
Good to be here.
sol_alex
Level 0

That boy ain't right

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8768 on: July 19, 2015, 08:02:36 PM »

Heya, I'm Alex, the programmer on a PC game called Signs of Life. I'm mostly self-taught and have no proper industry experience. I've been programming for about a decade, making mostly ridiculous unmarketable prototypes primarily because they made me laugh. I graduated from Auburn University with a degree in Information Systems Management in 2009 and after about 6 months of looking for a local job in that field I decided I'd either bust my butt making a proper game or I'd get a job flipping burgers. 2 years later, we put our game on Greenlight, a year after that we launched on Early Access and a couple months after that I got my first check and for the first time I felt like a real life gamedev. I've never been particularly social outside of a few smaller communities so I've been lurking here for awhile but decided it was time to change that.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 08:09:47 PM by sol_alex » Logged
moomat
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8769 on: July 20, 2015, 09:20:25 AM »

My name is Matt Mumau, and I have been a programmer professionally for about 10 years. I am currently half of the team Pink Array (www.pinkarray.com), a game development partnership. We are working on a game called Junk E.T. (www.junketgame.com). It's our first major game, but so far we're pretty proud of what we've done.

I got into gaming in the late 80s with Atari, then NES. By the time I was a teenager I had fallen in love with PC games, especially RTS's like Command and Conquer. Since then, however, my tastes are quite varied in games, and mainly I'm interested in things that come out of the indie world.

I'm here just because, you know...TigSource Smiley I've actually lurked in the shadows of these forums for some time, but I think it's about time for me to officially get active, as it's a great community! Happy to be here!

Check out Junk E.T. at junketgame.com

holi
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8770 on: July 20, 2015, 09:39:00 AM »

Hello,
Im Olivier Bogarts aka Holi, I am a professionnal game artist in belgium since 4 years now. I have worked mainly on mobile games and some wii games. I love video games since the commodor 64, but even more to make games in general. Thats why im also working with a friend on a board game prototype.
I (almost) cannot code anything, and my best expermients on that where made with construct2.
I like arcade and experimental stuff.

Tomislav
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8771 on: July 20, 2015, 10:32:22 AM »

Hi, my name is Tomislav, but here on internet you can call me Tom Smiley I'm a long time reader of dev logs section and a lurker on this site in general.

I've started gamedev in middle school (BASIC) and never let go from then. I'm mainly a programmer and game/level designer. Although sometimes I even do some art. Right now I'm working in Adobe AIR, Unity, Python and C.

I work with a small team of cool people a Pine Studio (pinestudio.co) which I co-founded. Currently there are 4 of us and we work on various projects, collaboration and contracting. But we make sure we work on our own projects as much as we can, it's good for the soul (even if it's not as good for the pocket Tongue).

We're working hard on a game I'm really exited about. And I can't wait to start talking about it!
jonathantopf
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8772 on: July 22, 2015, 06:02:00 AM »

Hi Everyone, My Name is Jonathan Topf, long time lurker. In theory I'm an animator but for years I've also been writing code in my spare time. In the last year I started working at ustwo games in London and since then I've been doing 50/50 art and coding which suits me down to the ground. I'm also working on my first game at the moment which is getting scarily ready to release.

You can also find me hanging out on twitter recently @jonathan_topf

(Something I'm working on now)
Flabby__Fabby
« Reply #8773 on: July 22, 2015, 09:59:45 AM »

Hey,

My name is Fabian. I'm trying to make it as a game developer. I'd love to make a local multiplayer game that I have more fun playing than Bomberman!
thewojnartist
Level 3

Lead Designer and Artist at WojWorks

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8774 on: July 22, 2015, 10:11:20 AM »

Hey, I forget if I posted here a long time ago, but I'm here representing my team WojWorks, which consists of me, my brother and our musician. I don't have much to say other than we're trying to make a name for ourselves and that we see unexplored territory in mobile games.
DjeeGames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8775 on: July 22, 2015, 01:42:31 PM »

Hi, Marc here, or Djee Games as an indie dev!
I have been a professional artist and producer of digital effects in film for many years, now trying out making games, something I wanted to do for a long, long time. I have published two mobile games, very simple/casual arcade style, hope to continue!
Thanks;

--
Marc Bourbonnais
Djee Games
Raptorgeddon
Level 0

Amateur Developer, Professional Student.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8776 on: July 22, 2015, 01:45:04 PM »

Hi, I'm Chris. I'm a UK-based University student doing a Computer Games Art course. I'm starting my final year in September and I've decided I'm going to hit the ground running by working on my projects now.

Chorlito
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #8777 on: July 22, 2015, 05:02:12 PM »

Hi all,
I'm here to improve my game dev skills and meet great people in the process. I only have one game released https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id949306720 and I'm currently working on my second one.
My personal history with games started with an AMIGA 500 till today.  Hand Joystick
acason
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #8778 on: July 22, 2015, 11:02:56 PM »

Hi, I'm Alex. I'm a web developer from Manchester in the UK. I'm interested in making games and have started to investigate the tools to get me started. I have years of experience programming in general so I have a good head start technically, but game development is a big change nevertheless. To start with my games will be side projects but who knows what will happen in the future.

I've been reading for a while and I'm looking forward to contributing.
Keylock
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8779 on: July 23, 2015, 09:23:32 AM »

Hi.

Pages: 1 ... 437 438 [439] 440 441 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic