Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411428 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 01:19:21 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 441 442 [443] 444 445 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1943851 times)
memis
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8840 on: August 11, 2015, 12:25:33 PM »

Hi guys,
I am Demetris co-founder and mostly developer @Zero Point Developers (zeropd.com).
We just published our new arcade game for iOS, Make'n Omelette. It's free so go and grab it and give me your feedback, i would appreciate it! It's our first attempt to make a game so it is important for me to have players opinions.

App Store Link: http://apple.co/1IHg1P5
Gameplay Video:

Co-founder of Zero Point Developers
Demetris Boukos

Make'n Omelette is now available on App Store for free. Download now!
Smymor
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8841 on: August 12, 2015, 07:29:06 AM »

Hi, my name is Yohiner Moreno, I'm from Colombia, working mainly as 2D artist, currently I'm studing 3D animation.

I have played videogames all my life, and now I want to start in the development area. I'm most empiric and want to learn as much as I can, so I would be able to share my ideas and work in better games.

you can look some of my work here: http://draxsmyle.wix.com/portafolio

Thanks everyone, best regards!
sriden
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8842 on: August 13, 2015, 02:35:14 PM »

Hello I'm sriden (hi to all the members above!), I make video games, and also graphics, pixel arts or music for them. I've completed and released a few of them already. Happy to be here!

squarepug
« Reply #8843 on: August 14, 2015, 02:47:04 AM »

Thought I would add to this thread; the largest introduce yourself thread ever  Hand Metal Right

I am fairly new to the games industry, I only started learning development in March this year, learnt a huge amount, still a huge amount more to do. It is a lot of fun though!
pixeltrickery
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8844 on: August 14, 2015, 03:47:23 AM »

Hello TIG! I am Harry Tuffs, and I'm making an RPG called A House of Many Doors.

You can find my website here and my Twitter here.

I've been meaning to join the TIG community for ages, and I'm finally doing it - looking forward to making friends here and getting feedback on my game!

This is me holding a skull.

hawkei
Level 0

Roland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8845 on: August 14, 2015, 04:53:33 AM »

looks eerie pixel! Smiley

pixeltrickery
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8846 on: August 14, 2015, 04:55:46 AM »

looks eerie pixel! Smiley

Thank you - that's what I was going for Tongue

Can I cross-post my website's devlogs onto the Devlog forum here? I want to make sure I don't break any kind of unwritten rule before I go ahead and do that.

Vivid Foundry
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8847 on: August 15, 2015, 08:26:04 AM »

Hi TIG! My name is Tanya and I'm very happy to meet your acquaintance here!

I've been working as a 3D & 2D game artist primarily for the Unreal Engine pipeline for 3D visualization start-ups. This year I've focused on learning more in Unity and Ren'Py, to achieve my own games with my passion for storytelling. I want to continue to learn and improve on all facets of game-making, whether in writing, arts, coding or design.

I am currently working on Solace State, a visual novel about friends who reunite across ideological divisions in a cyberpunk city that threatens revolt. As the player, you are able to chose how to negotiate and act within your character's social network to influence the city's fate.

You can visit my website here, or add me on Twitter if you like! Thanks and looking forward to making friends and learning new cool things at TIG!

Louard
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8848 on: August 15, 2015, 11:00:37 AM »

Hey all! I'm Louard. I've been in the games business as an artist of many kind for the last ten years or so but I've been making games since I was a kid. I've had the opportunity to work on a number of platforms both at work and as side projects including consoles, PC and mobile. I'm a Kanuk but I've recently moved to Venezuela as my wife got a job at the embassy here in Caracas. The move has allowed me to take the plunge and set out on my own free from the shackles of working for Big Studio (jk). But, really, I'm really excited to get to work on my own stuff full time for the next few years and to share progress with all of you here.

-Louard
louardongames.blogspot.com
dev_zl
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8849 on: August 15, 2015, 03:09:08 PM »

Hello, I'm ZL another game dev in the indie game industry

MikeSal
Level 0

Yo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8850 on: August 15, 2015, 06:30:30 PM »

Yo! I'm Mike. Just some kid trying to make music for games. I actually don't play video games much but I've always loved the kind of music that has come out of them. So yeah.

Hey.
Dacke
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #8851 on: August 15, 2015, 08:44:30 PM »

Hello I'm Cris a game programmer that likes apples.

I also like apples. I eat apples almost every day. Welcome.

programming • free software
animal liberation • veganism
anarcho-communism • intersectionality • feminism
fulltime
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8852 on: August 16, 2015, 09:30:17 AM »

Yo,

I Eat, sleep, make games, play guitar and ofc play games.
I'm mostly programming, but making some effects and fine tuning everything aswell.
Currently I'm planning for next game project.
jgnmoose
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8853 on: August 16, 2015, 01:29:14 PM »

Hello TIGsource,

I am jgnmoose, a hobby game developer from the great state of Texas. I have been interested in video games since the original Pong and those frustratingly awesome quarter muncher arcade games that hit the States in the late 70s (yeah, that makes me feel old).

When I'm not at a computer, I like to completely unplug and be with my dogs and horses - cook delicious meat - drink delicious beer and be outside.

Favorite languages are C++ and Objective-C. Favorite engine is Cocos2d-x. I love Xcode and am sad when I have to use something else rofl.

Cheers from N. Texas, y'all.  
Cpaz
Level 0

Always fumbling around

View Profile
« Reply #8854 on: August 16, 2015, 07:06:01 PM »

Hello world!! Well. I exist.
 First and foremost I call myself "Cpaz" in direct relation to "spaz." Mainly because I am, indeed fairly high in metabolism :D
By interests are, semi-borad. I am first, a programmer. After that I'm a story teller (not so much a writer, that needs work.) Beyond that I play games. My favorites are Sonic adventure (one of the first real games I played) Cave Story (most everything about this game i love) an The World Ends With You, (EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS GAME I LOVE!!!) while i play games often, it would be a stretch to say i'm "good" at them... Books have difficulty in keeping my interest. So I don't particularly read too often. (I think I just need to wonder a library and see what I find.)

So yeah. I also make games. Currently I'm working on ARANA, and have made HUGE progress over the past two months (check it out in playtesting :3) while on the topic of development, I also have some artistic abilities, ("some" being the key word.) And I primarily program in game maker. I know the fundamentals of C, but have yet to sit down and escalate beyond that.

I guess lastly I should mention my game ideology. I feel games (mainly those sought to be seen) should have their soul invested into them. Games need a magical thing known as "effort" and games that are made merely for money, in a word, disgust me. Yes. Behind every game is a creator trying to make a living. But that doesn't give anyone the excuse to barely try on a medium so many care about. But either way.
The games I look to make are those I myself can enjoy, and if after a week I find myself testing and saying, "this is bland" I probably need to do allot more thinking on the idea at hand.

Anyway. I think I've babbled on long enough. See ya round!
watermark
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8855 on: August 17, 2015, 08:17:17 AM »

Hey, Mark here. I started my game dev passion in my teenage years with RPG Maker...no wait...there was something before that... DC Games! Does anyone still remember DC Games? At least that's what I think it's called. It came on 5.4 floppies and it allowed you to make ultima like monochrome RPGs. I actually made a RPG with that. Never released it but still.

Anyhow. Life and work took me away from the game dev scene for a decade, but that passion just wouldn't die. So a few years ago I got together with friends and started Watermark RPG Studios, more of a part time workshop that we hope to turn into a full time studio someday. We make 16-bit games and RPGs. You can find us on the iOS App Store. Our latest game is called Destiny Emerald. You can check out our website here:
http://www.watermarkrpg.com

I'm also a diehard RPG Maker fan. Yes, I love it despite what some people have to say about it, as it is a critical key that put me on the road to game making. However I haven't touched it in years till that fateful day when Steam ran a sale on RPG Maker VX Ace, and well...it's time to go back. Just this past month I participated in a mostly (not all) RPG Maker game contest just to see how far I could go...and happy to say my game's currently the top ranked RPG! You can check it out here if you got time:
http://contest.gamedevfort.com/submission/258#.VdIIdvmqqkq

Anyway that's about it about me. Hi everyone!
goet
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8856 on: August 17, 2015, 10:49:44 AM »

Hi TIG!

I'm goet, I mostly just code, but I'd also like to be competent enough in 3D to make graphics for my game. I haven't released anything yet. I wanted to be a gamedev since I read Masters of Doom when I was 11, but never really started working on it before this year.

I wanted to make a game about running a fantasy inn this summer, but my scope was way too big. I'm not stopping now though since it's my baby. It's getting close to having the core features finalised, which I will want some feedback on, so I came here. I hope I can finish it before next year's spring.

My favorite game as a kid was Animal Crossing, and Cave Story was the thing that got me into indie games.
brammichielsen
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8857 on: August 18, 2015, 04:16:00 AM »

Hi! Hello

My name is Bram Michielsen, I'm one of the co-founders of Belgian indie game collective The House of Indie (http://twitter.com/thehouseofindie). Among (an immense amount of) other things, we organize the artistic game festival Screenshake (http://screenshake.be).

Right now we're busy organizing Headstart (http://headstart.institute), which we've set up as an international summer school for indie developers: a means for starting to developers to gain essential knowledge to bridge those difficult first years.

We are 100% non-profit, partly subsidized, partly crowdfunded, and entirely poor. Smiley Nice to meet you all!
friendlydog
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8858 on: August 18, 2015, 04:17:22 AM »

hello all,
My name is Fred.
I'm a motion designer from Norway - and when the sun goes down and the memory of bad coffee and dull office carpets fades, I make games. (because the only thing better than playing games is making them yourself ;-))

Since my patience with myself is unfortunately limited, my games are compact and so far for mobile platforms only.
I did coding in C++ and Adobe AIR before, but I'm going Unity now.

latest lovechild: Cubicle Cat Superstar http://www.cubiclecat.com/

Arno
Level 0

cool cat that loves coffee

View Profile
« Reply #8859 on: August 18, 2015, 01:36:22 PM »

Good day,
My name is Arno. I love coffee, playing and making video games, and enjoying the cool shade of an old, deep, forest. I'll be in heaven when I can combine all three one day. At the moment I'm 37 and a bit of everything rolled into one. I'm a farmer, nature boy, make-build-fix mechanical and electrical things, an intermediate level of programmer, I'll say amateur writer and an artist by natural talent. I paint, draw cartoons and am a human photocopier (although I get bored with, and despise drawing still lifes). I still need a lot of practice when it comes to pixel art though. As of this writing, I'm dabbling with Love2d which is a fun little framework.

I look forward to being part of this community. Thank you for reading and have a nice day. Smiley

-Arno

Do what makes YOU happy. It's as simple as that.
Pages: 1 ... 441 442 [443] 444 445 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic