Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 04:31:56 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 442 443 [444] 445 446 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1908014 times)
Floko
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8860 on: August 18, 2015, 07:28:01 PM »

Hi there!! My name is Lucas, I'm 24 years old, and I'm an animator / Game designer from Brazil Smiley
I grown up watching my father playing videogames until I was old enough to play them by myself. Then I got addicted forever. I've been focused on Nintendo's co-op games as a kid so I could play with my brother, so I played a lot of wild guns, Rock'n Roll Racing, Pocky & Rocky, among others Smiley

I have been studying / working with animation and design for about 4 years now, and had the same game development team for about 2. We recently won a big game jam ( Indies VS Gamers ) and it was pretty cool :D
Like many people here, we're trying to get our projects to be seen, and I love to check out what everyone is working on as well. Always some cool stuff to learn by playing other dev's games.

Well, I guess that's it! I hope to be exchanging lots of feedback with you guys. Nice to meet you!

willjdudley
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8861 on: August 19, 2015, 12:16:40 PM »

Hey all!

The names Will Dudley, i'm a an Environment Artist currently working in London. I've been tooling around in unity for a few months and have squeezed out a couple of mobile games under the name VIGA Studios. By day i'm a 3D artist but I've recently been delving into the depths of pixel art.

Signed up here after seeing the amazing dev gifs threads, should hopefully be able to show some soon myself.

Cheers,
Will

codejoy
Level 0

Daddy Coder Gamer Photographer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8862 on: August 19, 2015, 12:34:03 PM »

Hello Everybody!

I am a Shane a game programmer out of southwest usa.  I am (ugh goes fast) 36 and have been doing this in some form or another since 15.   Had a little team together that a while ago found some slight success on a little known device called the Tapwave Zodiac:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tapwave_Zodiac.  It wasn't around long but it was fun getting a team together that made two games, one of which was published!  The device sadly didn't do so well yet the bug to create and make games hasn't left.  I enjoy making games though usually my ideas never really jive me or I always have way to complex ideas for just me to execute.  Tis the life eh?  By trade I work in IT and also do teach a game programming class in XNA / C#.  Notice I said game programming, as my designing skills are meh I think.  I read through a lot of these introduce yourself (this thread goes back to 2007!)  and it is pretty awesome.  I already found some projects here that look amazing and as a self professed Indie junkie I look forward to play testing a lot of things on here.  Hell I got a Ouya just for the indie promise and I love finding new games on steam or out int he wild to try that has that wonderful indie flavor.

I LOVE games from the 16bit era and retro games in that fashion.  My first system was an Intellivision/Colleco Vision too but my most beloved was my Super Nintendo.  So many memories.

Here is my Twitter: https://twitter.com/ViciousBytes
and my website:http://www.viciousbytes.com
(if I ever figure out how to properly embed a URL here I will be dangerous).

So game on and good to be here!

Shane
joao_cbs
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8863 on: August 19, 2015, 01:00:23 PM »

Hello!!

My name is João and I love to develop games Smiley

I'm 31 years old and live in Brazil. I'm a game programmer who likes to play others indie developers games!

ccowan
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8864 on: August 19, 2015, 05:31:32 PM »

Hi, I am Clarence. I love games and got into them when I was really young. I actually used to create games on paper and have my friends play them. They would just use their finger and show me where they were walking and I would narrate what was happening. Very primitive but fun.

I also used to create all sorts of games just around the house. Board games, party games, etc etc. I just always think about strategy and "gaming" things out.

Anyways, now I spend a lot of time creating computer games.

I am a Pixel artist and Music composer. I currently focus on very simple games but I make sure to make them fun and do them right even if there is not a lot too them.

Here is a link to my website:

http://www.clarencegames.com

Pixel Artist & Game Music Composer Available for Hire

Affordable Pricing for Indy Developers
http://www.clarencegames.php
andoraul
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8865 on: August 20, 2015, 02:04:16 PM »

Hi There! I am Raul from Brazil.
Left the job and university to make games. I've started by studying C# and how to use the tools, Unity, Photoshop, Maya, Max, over the internet. After watch tons and tons of videos I decided to launch mobile games and monetize them with ads and purchases.
I am currently working on my new game's launch: Jesus Revenge (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.raulando.jesusrevenge)
Thanks for your time!
Sunburned Games
Level 1

We are working on The Great Whale Road.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8866 on: August 21, 2015, 12:59:49 AM »

We have just beached our ship on the beach down there, to warm ourselves at your fire. A drink wouldn't hurt either.  Toast Left

We are Sunburned Games, and we are working on our debut game The Great Whale Road. A seafaring RPG with turn-based tactics and axes. If you don't like us, we will steal your sheep and burn your hall.

Based in Valencia, rich in history and sunshine.

Hamingja!

Myrolit Studios
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8867 on: August 21, 2015, 05:51:46 AM »

Hey there, I'm Max!
I'm 23 and live in Berlin, Germany, where I studied Game Design for the last three and a half years, before I successfully finished it this March.
This is how I look like on my application letters:

So, I'm a Game Designer and Artist (mainly 3D Art & Animation) and just founded a Startup called "Myrolit Studios" with four friends of mine. You can read more about us and the company on our homepage: http://www.myrolitstudios.com/
And if you want to see some previous work of mine, feel free to visit my online portfolio: http://maxibezold.wix.com/shroomax

How did I end up here?
Well, I always enjoyed gaming since I was five years old and tried my parents' computer for the first time. Generally I'm very curious and have many interests, however, arts and crafts always fascinated me most. So when I finished school, it was pretty clear to me, that I want some sort of creative job. As I finally realised, that game design is an actual course of study, I was hooked. During the studies I met with the before mentioned four friends and we decided that we want to live together and found our own company. However, I thought to take a job at some games company first for gathering some experience, but that didn't work out and so here we are now. Founding a company is super exhausting and I nearly have no free time anymore, but I don't need to tell you guys about that, do I? However, I think it was the best decision I ever made and even if its exhausting, I have a great time with my friends working together on the same project with the same goal.

Right now, we are at a point, where we really need to raise people's awareness of us and get some fans. That's one of the reasons I joined TIGForums. I'm really looking forward to seeing what you are all up to and where our ways may cross Smiley

I guess, I'm done with telling my story for now ^^

Greetz, Max  Wizard

This account is managed by Maximilian Bezold, Founder and 3D Artist @Myrolit Studios
Skunkie
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8868 on: August 21, 2015, 08:37:28 AM »

Hello there!

I'm much more of a forum lurker, but thought it was about time I say hello. So here goes!

My name is Tara, but I commonly go around "the Internet" as Skunkie (or Skunkietronic). I'm 32 years old and have been gaming since I can remember. I primarily game on consoles (old habits die hard), but can't help myself when seeing the amazing stuff the indie community comes out with on PC/Mac. I have a quite possibly unhealthy obsession with coffee. I have two chihuahuas and try to get out hiking around San Diego as much as possible. Really, I'm just a hermit, but understand the necessity of getting some sunlight and social interactions once in awhile.

Ok, business side!

I'm the co-founder of Punk Labs! We've been developing software since 2005, but have always wanted to do games. Particularly console games. In the last few years we've started breaking into doing Unity Assets and working on small indie teams. We do have an upcoming release that is done completely in house. We're only two people (and have always been). Quite proud of that.

Thanks for reading! I'm sure I'll be seeing you around the forums.

*edit: Fixing some typos.....
NixonsWorld
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8869 on: August 21, 2015, 02:38:44 PM »

Hello my name is Niklas Johansson and i'm from Sweden.
I recently graduated a university, involving mobile application developing.
So now i want to be an independent game developer, and i will do my best to succeed!
Nice to meet you all!

Best regards!
Niklas  Cool
Zaquard Kim
Level 0

Zaquard Kim

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8870 on: August 21, 2015, 07:34:32 PM »

I'm Minho "Zaquard" Kim - just called Zaquard - and I’m the creative director and lead artist of Devespresso Games. We’re a small studio based in Seoul, South Korea, and now in the process of having our debut game, The Coma, Greenlit on Steam. The Coma is a 2D, hand-illustrated adventure game centered around Korean-survival-horror.

I draw and design all graphics of the game... and hope to do this job in my entire life. This is my startup, so I'm so excited + nervous. xP

Here is my official email: [email protected]
and Twitter: http://twitter.com/Zaquard
If you are instagram user, my ID is 'devespresso'. Feel free to let me know with some comment like 'I'm from TIGsource'. Smiley

A man who governs from one of the world\'s most dangerous fortresses. He exists in a cold-blooded, dark, city and recovers cursed areas with the aid of fellow world guardians, survivors, and adventurers.
OhiraKyou
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8871 on: August 22, 2015, 07:59:59 AM »

Hi there. I'm Joseph Brazil. My first 2D game was made in VB.NET in high school. Later that year, I made my first 3D game in Alice 2.0. After screwing around with Unity for a couple of years, never seriously enough to finish anything commercially viable, I've decided to go all out with a UE4 project. It's going reasonably well so far.

Lorenzo
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8872 on: August 22, 2015, 02:03:31 PM »

Hello! My name is Lorenzo, I like video games and I hope I'll be able to make one someday.
King Kadelfek
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8873 on: August 22, 2015, 11:34:58 PM »

Hello everybody. My name is Marc Kruzik and I'm dedicating my life to cubes.
I am a 11 years long indie developer, with a few years professional break working on a video game with figurines (not the one you think about, another one).
I also worked a bit on new technologies, and I am very interested by virtual robotics and factories.

I am coming with a project I spent a few years working on, and I hope to get feedback here. Smiley

NikolasFiler
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8874 on: August 23, 2015, 12:29:16 AM »

Hey everyone!! My name is Nikolas Filer. I've been into games since I was a kid. My favourite games would be....

Chrono Trigger.
Pokemon Fire Red.
Smash Bros.
Team Fortress 2.
Metal Gear Solid.

I always drew, but not enough to end up being a concept artist. I went to design school and learned I had a talent for 3D. Worked in visual effects for a few years. Since then I've been doing freelance design, travelling, and working in South Korea as an English teacher. I've been making games in unity for about three years now, but only as a hobbyist. I'm 30 now, and wondering what to do next with my life. Indie game development doesn't sound like a great way to make money, but now that I've started doing it I can't stop, and know I'll be doing it for as long as I'm around.  Shocked

You guys can check out my work at my website here:

http://nikfiler.com/

Thanks for reading, nice to meet you, and I'll be posting some of my work in the Town hall soon. Grin
multiplex games
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8875 on: August 23, 2015, 07:38:44 AM »

:17:Hello people,
I'm making games for as long as I know just for the fun of it. Recently I decided to actually finish a few of them and release. It worked Smiley Now I'm coming for more, with more fun and hopefully better games. I only develop during the time I can spare from my job and my family, but anyway, it's still better than nothing.

Working on my Lemmings~ish sandbox game, Graina
dresden
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8876 on: August 23, 2015, 08:35:45 AM »

Hello friends Smiley

I'm Terry - from Wisconsin, USA.

I've been a hardcore gamer since I got my sega genesis for christmas back in the 90s.

I've played around with making games for a few years - I'm a developer by trade, but not a very good game developer. I tinker.
KaiTheSpy
Level 0

how to make the game

View Profile
« Reply #8877 on: August 23, 2015, 01:03:21 PM »

Hey everyone! I'm Kai and I'm a 12 year old that makes video games or something? I used to be in California but now I'm in Washington.

I've been playing games since as long as I can remember. I like to collect Gameboy and Genesis games. My favorite games are Wind Waker, Advance Wars (even though I suck at it), the Ace Attorney series, Cave Story, and Mario Sunshine. Pokemon Gold's pretty cool too Smiley.

I've lurked here looking at devlogs so I though I might as well join the forum.

i am a 14 year old loser who sort of knows how to program
robgacu
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8878 on: August 23, 2015, 01:13:40 PM »

Hi, My name is Roberto and i´m from Mexico i´ve been making games for hobby for a few years, right now I´m working in a roguelite by myself so i have to do a little of everything, I studied computer systems at university and my favorite game genres are survival horror and roguelites.

Nice to meet you.

kshaja
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8879 on: August 24, 2015, 01:50:05 AM »

Hi,
My name is Vladimir Jakšić.

I am playing the ultimate game for the last 10 years.
The goal of the game is to :
create games Smiley

Fluent in Unity,UDK,Unreal,Virtools.
Programmer, artist, game developer.

Pages: 1 ... 442 443 [444] 445 446 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic