Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 04:33:25 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 444 445 [446] 447 448 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1951027 times)
Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #8900 on: September 03, 2015, 06:06:14 AM »

Hi guys

my name is Thomas from Germany, I worked for some indie companies in Europe during the last ten years and I love Suikoden
I like your Viktor avatar but you should probably resize it a little bit!

Try this one:

My finished games: Griddy RPG
My current project: SummonerRL
On hold: Griddy Heroes
Egberto
« Reply #8901 on: September 03, 2015, 09:47:03 AM »

Hi to all!

I consider myself as a "lone wolf digital artisan", I'm from Mexico, I'm starting a very simple RPG and see if I can finish it  Yawn.

Linux is my main development platform and I'm exploring and learning Lisp as tool for game development, I do my stuff with the help of Emacs, Krita, Gimp, etc. Smiley
Bear Logic Labs
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8902 on: September 03, 2015, 10:23:05 AM »

Just wanted to pop over here and introduce ourselves. We are a small dev team out of the frozen tundra called South Dakota. Currently we are a rather small team with just myself (Kris) and my partner Matt. We are working on our first game as our company we have both worked on a previous title under a different studio together. Matt is in charge of all the logic and programming for our game, were I am in charge of the Animations and Graphics for it. We currently have out sourced and hired a local artist to do all of our wonderful 2D art. I can do 3D but not 2D, that stuff is like black magic to me for some reason. Here are some links to Facebook and Twitter Well back to the grinding stone, we’ll make a thread for our game and keep that updated as the progress continues.
Qcode
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8903 on: September 03, 2015, 12:19:46 PM »

Hey there,

My name's Qcode. I've been developing for about 4 or 5 years now, mostly just residing on the Stabyourself and Love2d forums. I kinda wanted to expand, get to know some more people in the indie game community, and I figured this would be the best place to do it!

I'm looking forward to making a devlog for my own project, as well as seeing some other people's creative work.

See you guys around!
VirtualHat
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8904 on: September 03, 2015, 05:42:23 PM »

Hi Everyone,

I started coding late in primary school working on monochrome terminals in GW-Basic.  I made a 'clone' of Commander Keen in ASCII as well as a Space Invaders game and a simple RPG.  First year of middle school I switched to Pascal, a year later I discovered the excellent trainer tutorials which taught me assembler and the basics of 3D engines, and haven't looked back since.

I'm a New Zealander living in China studying Mandarin.  During my holiday break I've been working on a game called Endurance that's a throwback to the dungeon crawlers I played as a kid. 

It's a solo developer with zero budget kind of setup, but I've made some progress and got something playable.  I'm fine with the coding side of things, but the artwork has been a real challenge.  OpenGameArt.org has been real help, and with a little Photoshop I've tried to fit things together so they look right.

You can find my dev blog at IndieDB.
or play the game now at Itch.io.

-VirtualHat

Endurance the Game
Peaumur
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8905 on: September 03, 2015, 10:10:14 PM »

Hello, guys!)
My name is Timur, I'm from cold Moscow, Russia)
I'm 21 years old and I'm here to receive some feedbacks for my first game Smiley
Of course, I want to say "and of course I'm here to share my expierence" but it wouldn't true because I don't have good experience yet..)
I like cinematographic games like "heavy rain", "Fahrenheit" and "walking dead". Hope this forum will teach me a lot of stuff)

Welcome to my game's page:
http://www.indiedb.com/games/if-only
Wink)
Goffa
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8906 on: September 06, 2015, 05:43:37 AM »

Hello!

My name is Gustav "Goffa" Söderström. I live on the rainy west coast of Sweden with my beautiful wife and I like games... both making and playing them. (Obviously)

I am a quite "young" gamer in the sense that my first console was a PlayStation, not an amiga or something like that.
Anyway it was always a dream to be able to make games one day. My all-time-favorite game is no doubt FFIX. Yes I know I should probably say FFVII or some of the even older ones, but as I said: I'm quite "young" as a gamer, and as they say, you never forget your first... Shrug

Anyways, I should probably admit I am probably a little bit of a sucker for graphics also if I'm comparing my self to hardcore retro indie-gamers, I guess "graphics-*****" is another term sometimes used...
With that said, I have always felt that modern AAA titles are way to commercialized and the big companies NEVER dare to really leave the well-known formulas.

I was never really introduced to forums like this when I was younger, so I did not really understand where to start making games. I started fooling around with coding in MS Office, yes MS Office.. I made small rpg-adventures in Word documents using forms and Visual basic and I once coded an horribly inefficient but functioning Sudoku-solver in an excel-chart...

Later I started to poke around for 3D-engines, yes I know, maybe totally wrong forum to say this, but I always wanted to do 3D, not 2D.
First there was just basic Open GL, then came Orge 3D, then Neo Axis engine was built on that, then came Unity 3D.. Oh boy what a different world it is from just some years back..  Grin
(I never tried my hand at the Unreal Engine even if I understand this was/is the main goto for indies to do 3D, and to be honest, I never really gave game-making a real chance since University and Life in general took up way to much time...)

Oddly enough it's now that I have a full time job and a wife that I really get a chance to prioritize a few hours to game-making each week.

Ok, so now you know a little about me, I literally came here to try to announce the Kickstarter for the first game that I made, but that will have to wait for a separate post in the correct thread..
Dazm
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8907 on: September 07, 2015, 01:58:04 AM »

Hi Everyone.

My name is David. I'm a creative director living in Belgium on a boat. I'm starting making game in 2014. My first game call STOORM and is available on steam : http://store.steampowered.com/app/365930/

I have lot of game project and really excited to make it. Making game is not my only "side" project.
I making typography : http://fontsofchaos.com
I shoot some photography : http://generaldikki.com
I scananimate : http://thisisnotagif.com/
I make stickers : https://www.etsy.com/shop/DavidisCreative
And I make games :  http://www.garagemonkeystudio.com/

Cheers.

David.

Hey, my name is David. I make some games. <br />Check my first game : STOORM<br />
Lugen
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8908 on: September 07, 2015, 04:25:48 PM »

Hello there,

I'm Andreas. I've been working at Tarsier Studios for the last 5 years or more perhaps, mainly making 3d-art-stuff. Currently I've taken some time off to work on my own stuff, primarily to improve my programming skills.

What usually makes me excited about creating things is the problem-solving aspect.

You can view some of my personal works here.
http://unlitart.com/
http://unlitart.com/blog

Been lurking here for a good while now and since I too have an interest in making games I thought maybe it was about time I started participating in the community.

See you around,

/Andreas
totsboy
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8909 on: September 08, 2015, 07:29:58 AM »

Hello!
My name is Robson and I am a programmer and game designer for a small indie studio (we are 2 people for now) called MiniChimera.
We released our first game last year, called Tap Master Mondrian (for mobile) and now we are releasing our first PC/Mac game, called Sheep Dreams Are Made of This.

If you want to know more about our work you can check our website =)
https://minichimera.wordpress.com/

Thanks!

Ignorance is Bliss
Overcurfew
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8910 on: September 08, 2015, 01:38:01 PM »

Salutations. We are OVERCURFEW

We are a 4 person team based out of Vancouver Canada. Individually we've had hands in several different projects, including Absolute Drift(art) and Poly Bridge(music). Both are kicking arse at the gaming "box office" now.

As a team we got greenlit for Tidal Affair, and are finishing up that game. The ending is always the hardest part, but it's so close we can lick it.

We've struggled the indie struggle, and are happy to finally see the silver lining. We definitely have the indie scenes of Portland, Seattle, and Vancouver to thank.

Favorite game: Metal Gear Solid
Currently playing: MGSV, Transistor, Madden16, Oddworld New N Tasty,  Guilty Gear Xrd

Working on Tidal Affair
Elements
Level 0

Music Composer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8911 on: September 08, 2015, 09:16:33 PM »

Hello Everyone! Gentleman

My name is Manuel, I am from the controversial and emerging country of Mexico haha. I am new to TIG so the best way to start is to introduce myself as it is mandatory Corny Laugh.

I am a Music Composer for Games and Media, I create different textures and colours with the usage of 8bit, electronic and orchestral instruments. I am into video games because of the whole experience they provide for players. Also my first contact with music comes from games.

I remember when my brothers and I got a NES with Super Mario, Zelda, Contra, Megaman (Rockman), TMNT... Those where the games I enjoyed the most. Since then my interest for VG has been kept alive. I used to record on an old tape recorder my favorite themes from the games I liked and listened to theme even while going to sleep. I am looking to collaborate with Video Game Developers to help achieve a unique experience for players. There is a big field to explore when it comes to Sound Design and Music Composition for Video Games which is my passion and everyday meal haha. So feel free to contact me with projects, questions, advise or just to say hi.

Some of my favorite games are: All Zeldas (Specially A Link to the Past), Megaman X3, Starfox, Super Mario World, Final Fantasy Mystic quest, TMNT, Banjo Kazooie, Conker's Bad Fur Day, Mario Kart and the list can go on and on but just to mention a few.

Most of my time I spent it on writing new music compositions to explore new grounds of sounds and that can be used by anyone. At the same time drawing has been part of my life since I was a child, I develop characters and sketches of fantasy and cartoony characters that is how I spent my free time besides hanging out with friends and reading.

That is my "short" bio, fell free to get in touch with me anytime, I am always happy to hear from new people specially when we share things in common.

Here is a link to my Sound Cloud site and my Music Production Company in case anyone is interested in exploring my music. Wizard

https://soundcloud.com/elemproduction
http://elemproduction.wix.com/manuel-pelayo

Have a good one everyone thanks for reading and I know I will find interesting things in this forum.

Manuel Pelayo
Music Composer
[email protected]
+1 323 283 4111
bartread
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8912 on: September 09, 2015, 02:30:07 PM »

Hi everyone,

Name's Bart and I'm just getting back into game development after a long period away from it (21 years). Not surprisingly my tastes are a bit retro but this seems like a great place to learn some new tricks.

Thanks,

Bart
brundev
TIGBaby

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8913 on: September 09, 2015, 05:12:10 PM »

Hi, all! brundev here (that's what I go by on Twitter and such).

After seeing one-person games like spelunky (game maker version) and minecraft (survivaltest) in high school (sorry if you suddenly feel old), I realized that the only thing keeping me from making similar games was practice. So I started practicing. I have a bunch of prototypes built up over last 3 years, and hopefully I'll be able to figure out which are worth continuing work on.

I want to make experimental games that push the way the medium is used. If I can do that full time, even better.

I haven't made proper use of it yet, but my game company is named Halated Productions after the infamous Infinite Jest. I released a small, not so experimental game for money recently, and now I've had a short break, and I'm moving on to newer and better games.
jbohlken
Level 0

Co-founder of The Scary Farm

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8914 on: September 09, 2015, 09:02:06 PM »

Hey all,

My name is Jared. I'm a recent film graduate, but my interest in video games has led me to pursue creating one with one of my classmates (who I'm sure will be posting here shortly) under the name The Scary Farm. More info on that later, as we'll be starting a devlog very, very soon. For now, just wanted to say hello and cheers!  Toast Right

bleyden
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8915 on: September 09, 2015, 09:13:04 PM »

Hey! I'm Brad, who is Jared's classmate. Also a co-founder of The Scary Farm and very excited to bring my first 3D game in Unreal to life. My background is in film as well, specifically animation, so my interests lie more on the art side of things. I'm mostly handling modelling, texturing and animation for our first project, but I'm always learning new things along the way.

Looking forward to sharing this journey with you all, and learning even more along the way!

Michael Klier
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8916 on: September 09, 2015, 10:35:26 PM »

Hey everyone!

I'm Michael, from the beautiful city of Munich Toast Right, Germany. I am a Sound Designer and Audio Guy. The first game I ever played was Space Invaders on an Atari in the computer lab of my school. That was shortly before the Game Boy hit the market. I remember playing Tetris until I had migraines as a 12 year old Cheesy.

I started to play electrical guitar when I was 14 because of Rage Against The Machine and soon joined a local Hardcore/Metal band. At the age of 15 I got into recording because we prepared our first Demo. I got myself a Soundcard and a cracked Version of Cubase VST and I literally printed out the whole manual and spent most of the days reading it page by page in the basement of our house. At this point I was already considering to make Audio my career.

During all that I never quit playing games. Quite the contrary. I had almost every console or one of my friends did. And when the X86 processor hit the market I got into the PC gaming.

At age 20 I studied audio engineering at a private school in Munich and landed a job as a On Air Sound Designer at a big private radio company. Given that fulltime jobs in Audio where and still are rare I found myself in a very lucky position and I've been working there for more than 8 years, still playing games and making music in every minute of my spare time.

For some weird reason (but most probably because Game Audio wasn't even mentioned once in the 3 year course I learned about Audio Engineering) during all that time it never occurred to me to combine my passion for both games and audio until maybe 2 years ago Shocked. It was quite the epiphany when I first thought about it. Since then I've been working tirelessly towards fullfilling my goal almost every day. Learning Audio Features of Game Engines, Middleware, participating at local Game Jams and slowly building up my homestudio.

4month ago I pulled the trigger and quit my job at the Radio Station to pursue my goal of going Game Audio fulltime as freelancer. It is still a work in progress. But it was the best decision I've ever made!

Sound Design, Audio Implementation, Music
Reel Twitter
Working on

md05251990
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8917 on: September 09, 2015, 10:46:39 PM »

Hi, name is Mark,we have developed a game and would like to make our name known thru the internet. Of course, I'm looking forward to connect with you guys.
WabiArcade
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8918 on: September 10, 2015, 06:47:04 PM »

Hello!

I'm John, I currently live in Los Angeles,CA and just formed my own studio Wabi Arcade.

I studied Interactive Design and Game Development at Savannah College of Art and Design at the campus in Savannah, GA and Sham Shui Po, Hong Kong.

I've always been into games, I am the youngest in my family so all my cousins and bother had a NES since before I was born. Games have always been part of my life and it just seemed like the right career choice for me. I just started working as a solo developer, before that I worked for a couple of startups around NYC doing UI and environment design.

My first solo game is Space King a local multi-player action game that utilizes resource management. Supporting up to 4 players at a time, each must distribute power between Engines, Weapons, and Shields while battling it out for the crown.

I'm really looking forward to being part of community!
masstoast
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8919 on: September 11, 2015, 11:00:34 AM »

Hello,
I'm Matt, live in Utah, ski bum / novice game developer.  Living up in an isolated mountain area helps to give me plenty of time to work on games (in addition to everything else I like about the mountains).  My first game should be finished in, hopefully, about a month and a half.  From now on I'm reducing scope on everything I do, gonna try to do a few one game a month type projects for a bit to fine tune my skills.   

I grew up on nes and snes, and nostalgia is a big part of gaming for me.  I would love to play more new games, but time investments for these new huge games aren't practical anymore.  I definitely look at the length of the game as a cost in addition to the actual price of the game, and it's part of why I like games with shorter play sessions. 

I also make chiptune music, as well as play alot of guitar and 80's metal in my free time!

Pages: 1 ... 444 445 [446] 447 448 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic