Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411493 Posts in 69372 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 05:29:31 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 449 450 [451] 452 453 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1951436 times)
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #9000 on: October 13, 2015, 01:50:09 PM »

More french people MORE  Evil
We will rule the world!  Gentleman Hand Shake Right

vitorlanna
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #9001 on: October 13, 2015, 02:36:55 PM »

Hello! =D

My name is Vítor and I'm a game developer from Brazil. Currently a one man team.

I'm developing a game called Ninjeten at the moment - very close to finish it!

It's a short tactical RPG about two heroes with complementary skills that enter a cave to face a necromancer.
Twitter: https://twitter.com/stormfreestudio
Tumblr: http://vitorlanna.tumblr.com/

See you around Smiley

ArchmageDev
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9002 on: October 13, 2015, 08:07:22 PM »

Hi, My name is Zachary, 21 years old, I am a member of Recursive Arts. We are a student team doing our final year project at QUT in Brisbane. The game is called Archmage and should is almost ready for release on IndieDB. I'm primarily the level designer of the game but have also taken the roles of producer and QA manger.

I'm also doing a degree in biochemistry and think maybe someday merging the two together could produce a cool little game.

My first gaming experience was pretty late around 6... being Jak & Daxter on the PS2, then later Ratchet & Clank and Sly raccoon. But ever since then I've been in love with a wide variety of games in particular rpgs.

Follow us on Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/ArchmageGame
Twitter:@archmage_dev
StuffBySpencer
TIGBaby

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9003 on: October 14, 2015, 03:31:36 AM »

Hey everyone!

My name's Spencer, and I primarily focus on fun little HTML5 games.

I tend to bounce around from framework to framework, but I have lately really enjoyed the ImpactJS framework, and currently use it a lot.

I love pixel art, and for some reason I tend to really like making low-res stuff, even though I feel like I'm constantly fighting with every pixel, haha, it's fun though! I usually post the ones I'm happy with on my Twitter.

At the current moment, I'm making an old-school plat-former, that draws inspiration from Kirby and Monster Bash (starring Johnny Dash), here's a quick gif of it in a pretty early state:

Well, that's pretty much it I guess, I make games, you can play them on my website, and I love pixels Smiley Take care!

I make games. Usually with HTML5 and pixels... but sometimes with magic.
Sebastián Cámara
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9004 on: October 14, 2015, 04:03:05 PM »

Hi indie community,

my name is Sebastián Cámara, I'm a game designer, pixel artist and programmer. I found this big passion for game development almost by accident three years ago, when a friend and I, just as a hobby, we decided to do a short RPG in RPG Maker.
After that I started practicing and make prototypes with other frameworks like Game Maker, libGDX, and Unity for some time.
A few months ago, I took courage and I left my career as a web developer, to devote full time to my passion and create a unique retro-styled RPG.

I hope this be only the beginning... Smiley
« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 10:08:25 AM by Sebastián Cámara » Logged

pembo
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9005 on: October 15, 2015, 06:58:57 AM »

Hello Reader!

I'm Simon, I live in North West England and I'm an indie game artist/designer/PR types person/tester, you get the idea, do whatever I have to do. I've also been a college tutor (this fact surprises everyone who knows me) and I'm an avid mountain biker.

My love of video games started with the C64, then the Amiga 600, Master System, PS1, PS2, Xbox..... I feel deprived as my parents never bought me an NES or a SNES and to be honest I was a bit of SEGA fanboy  Facepalm It's not that I didn't know, play and love Nintendo stuff I just never owned any :S Still I consider myself quite handy on Mario Kart  Wink

I went to The Central University of Lancashire to studied Games Design and played huge amounts of Call of Duty - United Offensive. After Uni I was taken on by Onteca a Liverpool based Indie. My role at Onteca has been varied to say the least. I've worked in film, community projects, workshops, mobile apps and console games. But ultimately its this opportunity for variety and change why I love working in a small team and in a small indie.

Currently we're working on two projects Monsteca and Space Ribbon, I will post information about in the Townhall.

Cheers,

Toast Right Toast Left

Si
wavegunner232
Level 0

a random game dev

View Profile
« Reply #9006 on: October 15, 2015, 05:09:28 PM »

i am wavegunner. I have made 4 games so far. That's all
MMS
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9007 on: October 16, 2015, 12:39:32 PM »

Greetings! I am a fairly beginner game designer and programmer. And that's about it  Grin
TRASEVOL_DOG
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9008 on: October 16, 2015, 01:03:02 PM »

Hi everyone !!

I am TRASEVOL_DOG (bet you saw that coming), I study game programming and I make games as side-projects just for the love of it !
I made that ludum dare Tetris clone that ended up #69 on compo overall and that I'm pretty proud of !
I like artsy games, brutal games, all sorts of games really !
And I make games !!

Be safe !

zeorb
TIGBaby

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9009 on: October 17, 2015, 09:59:51 AM »

My name is Dmitry, 24, live in Russia Gentleman

Sooo... While I was in law school I realized that system is awful, people is weird and there is no way I want to dedicate my life to this craziness! I decide to stick to what I love - games, buuut coding and math was extremely boring in school days and I didn't have any art degree or solid drawing experience in background, however 3d art was interesting to me and I've started to play with 3d software at my free time(These days I still was in law school).

3ds Max was fuuun! I did not like this weird 2d UV(doh! Whoo need this wonky 2d in my FULLY 3D ENVIRONMENT!) so I tried to ignore it as often as I could and focus on modeling. Also I was having a blast creating mini-games in 3dsMax - my favorite was Quidditch with random players created through particle system without any scripting/programming! Smiley

As time went by I get used to UV'ing and focused on rendering hardsurface stuff, here is some of my old mech art from 2012:
Other guy and another

At some point I realized "Oh right, I've started all this thing to create games, maybe it's about time to make them?" aand I downloaded VS and XNA framework, bought some C# books and GAMEDEV HAS BEGUN! I failed miserably though. Tried to learn coding, computer science, gamedev specific modeling, shaders, game logic and etc. In result I was so burned out so I just switched back to 3d freelancing with thoughts like "well, maybe gamedev is far too complex for me". Here is a video from my

(Early 2013, Abandoded as you could guess)

Later in 2014 I've bumped into UE4 and my jaw just dropped - engine was so amazing and powerful I fell in love immediately and just could not abandon it later Smiley
C# knowledge helped to ease C++ learning curve, my 3d background helped to avoid newbie pitfalls in 3d gamedev pipeline(uh this nasty normal maps) and finally making games was FUN, not disappointing.

I've really was into UE4 and its wonderful community, even became a mod on official forums!
The first commercial product I made was not a game, however. It was a pack of smart materials for fast level prototyping(SuperGrid) and it was very well received! I have some screenshots for you from demo level(if you're not bored of me yet Tongue)

Yesterday I discovered that one nice fella made a tetris game for a game jam using my pack , yet I still have not created a single game! And after this revelation I made a decision for myself to bring my last game jam attempt to serious level before the year ends!
Dev log incoming! Tongue

IncursiveTaylor
« Reply #9010 on: October 17, 2015, 04:16:26 PM »

Hey guys I'm Taylor and I'm 23 years old. I live in the US and I recently founded an independent game development studio called Incursive Games. I've made tons of game prototypes over the last few years (mainly using Unity), however I am currently working on my first "serious" game that is titled "Animalia" and is a 2D pixel art platformer in which you can shapeshift into different animals to progress through levels. I love game dev, pixel art, programming, and collecting video games, particularly retro. To be able to support my game development and launch of my company, I also work full time. Also, I am currently a software engineering student at Arizona State University. I'm really excited to be less of a lurker and start contributing more to the community that I have loved for the last 20 years of my life.
akeroncomic
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #9011 on: October 18, 2015, 08:16:35 AM »

Hi,

I am an interactive producer working for a storytelling lab in Amsterdam called Submarine Channel. We're a non profit. We create interactive documentaries, interactive animation, motion comics, and narrative games. Games we did in the past include the The Tulse Luper Journey, based on Peter Greenaway's films. FLX. by Han Hoogerbrugge, Sollmann, and a few others.

We're now making an interactive motion comic called Ascent from Akeron. And we're using Panoply, an upcoming tool by Erik Loyer for UNITY designed for creating sequential stories. Go check us out on Kickstarter! http://kck.st/1VNPupK

And give us a shout out on Twitter. Here's a link to the announcement which contains the animated GIF below:
http://bit.ly/1OInx2c

Cube_Commander
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9012 on: October 20, 2015, 12:17:35 AM »

Hey my name is Jameson, I'm a software engineer getting into game development Smiley

I've recently released a new game for android called "Cube Commander"!

It's 100% free to play (no hidden nothing) and I'd really value your feedback! And a future thanks for anyone taking a look Smiley

--

Download Here: http://www.slidedb.com/games/cube-commander

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/cubecommander
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Cube_Commander
MagnoliaFan
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9013 on: October 20, 2015, 02:21:45 PM »

Hello all, I am Sergio, and I am from El Salvador. Actually I wouldn't be surprised if I'm the only member from El Salvador here, because we don't have that many game developers in this country  Ninja

I founded a studio called The Domaginarium, and last year we released what may be one of the weirdest and most unusual horror games ever: Enola. Enola told the story of a girl looking for her lover, and finding out about some really traumatic events that happened to her when she was 15. The game has pretty much everything that can be considered a trigger warning, and a lot of sensitive subjects, although most things are never "in your face."

And I happened to be the crazy one to write that story, so...  Who, Me?

Right now we're working on another project, after we were hit by the question of "what would happen if we combine tomb raider and alien?" However, just like Enola I want it to be very story-driven, so we'll see how it goes.
UntakenStudios
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9014 on: October 21, 2015, 07:05:03 PM »

Hi, we're Untaken Studios, a small indie development studio based out of the Queensland University of Technology.

As of right now, we've been working primarily in C# in Unity.

Currently we're working on a 2D side scrolling shooter game called Barnyard Revolution. Smiley
Pickle Jar
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9015 on: October 23, 2015, 06:12:39 AM »

Heyo,

Because I'm 100% lazy (I'm a developer nevertheless) I gave up quickly when looking for an intro thread and just started a new one... big no-no, i know...

Anyway, copying verbatim here:

I've been sitting on my unused account for the forums here, and finally decided to get off my ass and at the very least introduce myself here. My name is Rodrigo and I am a 33-yr old Web Developer in Washington DC by day, and a "game developer" by night. I started playing with UE4 as soon as it became free and have been having a blast. I'm not a total newb when it comes to games, as I had some previous tinkering experience with some cocos2d for ios a few years ago and even writing my own little 2D framework for the canvas in the browser.

Anyway, my blog at picklejarstudio.com has some of my random ideas and prototypes.

i'm hoping to some day in the near future to not suck enough to make a meager living out of this. One can only hope.

Looking forward to chatting with y'alls.

Cheers!
storybird_jul
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9016 on: October 23, 2015, 06:32:02 AM »

Hi TIG developers !

My name is Julien , a French developer, i made with a friend FINDING TEDDY 1 and 2. ( Avalaible on STEAM )

I love retro game and i love my PC Engine  Smiley

Well, that's all yeaaah let's talk about gaming and pixel art  Hand Any Key

Play play play play play
Luna Indigo Studio
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9017 on: October 23, 2015, 10:46:54 AM »

Hi, My name is Fabian, I'm a programmer and artist, I've been working on a platformer game for a while and I hope to release it next year.
I like old nintendo games and indie games.
I've been playing more recently earthbound, ftl, crypt of the necrodancer and infinifactory.

Have a nice day!

gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #9018 on: October 23, 2015, 10:53:46 AM »

Evil more french

carterwilton
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9019 on: October 24, 2015, 11:28:44 AM »

Hey guys  Smiley  My name is Carter.  I spend most of my time producing music in my studio with the odd video game break.  Im also a freelance sound engineer and its how i support my dream.  I've been an avid gamer since i can remember.  Pretty big fan of RPGS for sure.  Im joining this forum in hopes to work on some video game music because it intrigues me.  Cheers
Carter
Pages: 1 ... 449 450 [451] 452 453 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic