Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411414 Posts in 69360 Topics- by 58415 Members - Latest Member: sophi_26

April 16, 2024, 11:20:31 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 454 455 [456] 457 458 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1937831 times)
vimso
Level 0

The logo is temporary

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9100 on: December 01, 2015, 10:54:42 AM »

My name is Craig, but you can call me Vimso. I've been developing games in GameMaker for seven years. I've worked under many different aliases before but am finally setting on Vimso, Vim Software, whatever you wanna call it.

I grew up playing Nintendo 64 games such as Super Mario 64 and Banjo-Kazooie, and I hold those games near and dear to my heart. Additionally, I've always had a fascination with games from the late 80's and early 90's because of their pixel-art graphics and catchy chip-tune soundtracks. All these things have greatly influenced my style and the games I develop now.

By far, my favorite indie game is Hotline Miami. Everything about it from the blood-ridden, ultra-violent game mechanics to that amazing soundtrack Cheesy ... it puts me at a loss for words when I try to describe it. It's fascinating, to say the least.

Right now I'm developing a space shooter game (cliché, I know) to establish myself as a reputable developer - to get my name out there, in other words. Afterwards, I plan to develop my first commercial game. Can't wait to see where the road takes me! Smiley

Vim Software
http://vimsoftware.net
@vimsoftware
AggroArt
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9101 on: December 01, 2015, 12:10:23 PM »

Hello everybody, I heard about this forum at PAX Prime this year and thought I would give it a look. Currently I work as a freelance illustrator but I am trying to get into the game industry as a concept artist. In the future I would like to make my own projects but I am still just a novice programmer. I'm excited to learn new things from the people here and maybe collaborate on some projects in the future :D

Here is a link to my portfolio site if anyone is interested in seeing my work Smiley
aggroart.artstation.com
damian_of_nebula
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9102 on: December 01, 2015, 03:49:53 PM »

Hello Smiley

I'm Damian, indie game developer from Poland. What I do? I'm graphic designer, level designer, story writer, animator, game scripter Smiley It's hard to do everything but sometimes you have to:)

Regards Smiley

Shadow Of Nebula is an adventure game set in science fiction world mixed with cyberpunk that tells a story of lonely star courier.
npinsker
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #9103 on: December 01, 2015, 07:27:43 PM »

Hi all!

I'm Nathan. I'm currently a software engineer living near San Francisco in the US, and I sometimes make indie games in my spare time. I'm pretty good at programming and music stuff, but rather bad at art and animation. In my free time I also like classical music, puzzles, and board games. I heard about this forum from a teacher I had in college, and again when presenting at the Boston FIG this year. I'm currently working on a tactical tile-based game (the goal is to be like Fire Emblem, but better...?)

My favorite games are ones that require a lot of thinking and strategy -- games like Recettear, Fire Emblem, StarCraft, or any RPG with a halfway intricate battle system. I also really like a story well told. Some of my favorite games are Paper Mario II, Undertale, Final Fantasy X, and Mario Galaxy.
UVGames
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9104 on: December 02, 2015, 01:19:38 AM »

Hi everyone!

I'm Rob, and I am the Design Director at UV Games. We are a small, fairly new team from Liverpool, UK.

I've lurked here on and off for a while, and as we have just launched our Greenlight, it felt like a good time to sign up and get to know everyone.

Cheers Smiley
Eneko Egiluz
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #9105 on: December 02, 2015, 01:24:07 AM »

Hello!
My name is Eneko Egiluz. I grew up playing videogames and enjoying them just as a player. But when I first met programming, Pascal in my case, my mind changed completely, and each gameplay became a study case. I progressed as a code writer and after working as web designer and junior programmer for a big company, I decided to become a student again. I left my job behind to enter at DigiPen Bilbao to complete my education on videogame development. Four years later and with my thirst for knowledge satisfied I joined some classmates to set up our small indie dev studio. Here are some games my mates and I made during the degree:

Umbra Chronicles -> http://games.digipen.edu/games/umbra-chronicles
Twisted -> http://games.digipen.edu/games/twisted
Oniro -> http://games.digipen.edu/games/oniro
Inaris: The Cloud Temple -> http://games.digipen.edu/games/inaris-the-cloud-temple
Iona: Coded Will -> http://games.digipen.edu/games/iona-coded-will

Now we are working hard to complete our very first project, called Dynasty Feud. A 2D multiplayer local/online action fighting game based on characters from different ages. And I say: “good time to register and stop just reading posts as a ghost!”  We will be posting our development process here from time to time, and it’s time to take active part in others jobs providing feedback and suggestions.

Thank you for reading!

roachyogi
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9106 on: December 02, 2015, 09:45:14 AM »

Hallo!

I'm Rahul. I live in Hyderabad, India and I make a living as a game designer and game design consultant. I also teach game design part-time at a gamedev college.
I used to be in the merchant marine, a chief mate, and I was lining up to be a Captain but one fine day said "Fuck it" and quit.I decided to learn game design at VFS in Vancouver and after, Interned at a game company in Vancouver. After this I returned to India to work for Gameloft as a designer. One year in, I again said "Fuck it" and quit to set up my own thing. Which was a company on paper that did nothing much, really.

After a year of teaching, I found some students who worked with me on making my first mobile game. It was a good game, I think, but much too hard. That's me, I make games hard. It didn't take off, but I'm happy with it.

As a player, I like skill-based games. Can't get too excited about story, characters, art even. All kinds of shooters, and on mobile nothing specific. I do really love TF2 though.

I recently found my team. We've been working on a game for many months now, and I would love to show it to everyone here and get some feedback. It's currently in Beta.

I have a wife, two kids, a dog.

Thanks for reading!
PaleBlueSean
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9107 on: December 02, 2015, 01:09:28 PM »

Hi all!

My name is Sean and I have worked in the AAA industry for seven years now as an animator. I was at Insomniac Games for four years and now at Riot games for three. I make lots of stuff in my free time and I am very excited to start connecting with more of you talented individuals to make awesome stuff!

Lares Yamoir
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9108 on: December 02, 2015, 03:53:16 PM »

Hi I'm Lares Yamoir, but you can just call me Lares if you want.
I'm a hobby game dev, currently using mostly either C++ or Unity/C# to make games. In regards to C++ frameworks, I used SFML 2.x for most of my latest projects.
I'm not a native English speaker, so if I make some linguistic mistakes, feel free to correct me.
The reason why I registered, is because I haven't been in an international forum so far and want to get to know some developers outside of my country.
I did stumble upon this forum quite a few times before and finally decided to make an account.

Thanks for reading Smiley 

PilzHere
Level 0

I don't log out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9109 on: December 03, 2015, 01:50:12 AM »

Hello there!
My name is Christian Pilz, I'm 25 years old and I love to make games.

Ever since I played my first videogame (Super Mario World) I have strived to be able to create games myself.
I am currently having my internship at a company in Denmark as a Level Designer (4 more months).
I have experience with: Unity, Udk/Ue4, Source, Creation Kit, GM, Maya, C#, Java, Lua, and other various programs/languages.

Some favourite games of mine are: Doom, Half-Life 2, Cities: Skylines, GTA 5, Final Fantasy 6-7-9, Skyrim, Super Metroid, Zelda LTTP.

Visit christianpilz.com too see games I've been in charge of the level design.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 03:05:42 AM by PilzHere » Logged
Abnelia
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9110 on: December 03, 2015, 09:56:25 AM »

Hi everyone !

So... My name is Amélie.
I'm an audio designer/composer.
I want to present myself a little, because I think it's a little cold to just post my portfolio in business without a word.

So to speak a little about myself.
I just finished my education last year. I'm French, but I live in Montreal, Canada, since 2012.
I started playing video games since my childhood. (IT helps a lot when your parents are geek). SNES was my first console and now, I mostly play on my computer.

My favorite games... well... Final Fantasy 7-8-9, there is a lot of bioware games since Baldur's gate to Dragon Age and Mass Effect, Sim City 4/ and now Cities : Skyline, Theme Hospital, Fire Emblem, etc.

I'm really passionate for video games and music of course. I knit too... but it's more an hobby than a passion.

Well, I think I'm gonna stay a little here.
Mostly in the Townhall, Jam&Events, and Business Section.

So... See you ?
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 10:13:01 AM by Abnelia » Logged
NoLocality
Level 1

AssetsAssetsAssetsAssetsAssets...

View Profile
« Reply #9111 on: December 03, 2015, 05:17:20 PM »

Hello.

I've come to make a devlog and maybe devlog accessories.  'tell you what

uh...

Cheers and thanks for reading!  Coffee

5ro4
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9112 on: December 04, 2015, 09:17:24 AM »

I'm Alva Majo, designer at Spanish indie studio Majorariatto. Currently trying to fix the mistake of starting off with a project too big by releasing a small game first!
danbolt
Level 0

Super Radish Witch Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9113 on: December 05, 2015, 06:24:05 AM »

Hello there! My name's Daniel! I'm a recent Computer Science graduate travelling Japan.

I really like fun Nintendo, Sega, Namco, and Capcom games, and have fond memories being glued to my Game Boy as a child.

While I'm travelling, I'm developing Super Radish Witch for iOS and Android. Hopefully, the game will have the same magic my Game Boy did, but with touch controls for modern devices.

Feel free to follow the blog on Tumblr!
http://superradishwitch.tumblr.com/

Super Radish Witch Dev Blog
Check it out here!
DrVanPixel
TIGBaby

Welcome to my lounge, kid!

View Profile
« Reply #9114 on: December 05, 2015, 10:06:20 PM »

Hey guys and girls! Smiley
The name's Nathan, and I'm an avid dabbler in a variety of asset programs.
Whether it's Magix Music Maker or MilkyTracker, SpriteSomething or SketchBookX, I'm always experimenting for the next visually or musically pleasing piece of work.
I also use MonoDevelop for any heavy scripting in Unity 3D, C# being my focus language.

A good portion of my work has gone to a project I've been very diligent about for the past year.
I hope to meet most, if not all of you, and look forward to hearing about your endeavors.
drewfitz
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9115 on: December 06, 2015, 08:41:53 PM »

Hello everyone! I'm Andrew Fitzpatrick (@drewfitz on Twitter) and I'm a long-time lurker on the TIGForums. Devlogs here have inspired me for years, but I've never had much reason to post before, until now! I'm graduating college in a few weeks with a CompSci degree and am hoping to get a job in the industry and work on my own games and help other indies in my spare time. So far I've only worked on small prototypes since school prohibits me from spending too much time on any projects, but I'm so excited to start my first real indie project after graduation! :D

I loved games ever since I was little but I didn't really understand that I could make them until my early teens (I think I saw some studio tour on X-Play and it just clicked). I wanted to be an animator at first but adults in my life told me that wasn't a "real" career and that I should "do computer stuff" instead since I had a pretty natural aptitude for it. As lame as that was, it was probably good advice, and now I'm studying art and animation in my free time anyway.

My first gaming experiences were playing SMB/Duck Hunt (and a weird Mega Man inspired game called Whomp 'Em) on my older brother's NES when I was 3 or 4 years old. Ever since I've played pretty much any game I could get my hands on. The only big genres I've never had much interest in are big RTSes and Grand Strategy games. Not sure why.

Top all-time inspirations:
- Katamari Damacy
- N64-era platformers (Mario 64, Banjo)
- Spelunky
- Nintendo in general (polish, happy/naive/fun tone)
- Mirror's Edge

Top inspirations currently:
- late-90's/early-00's FPSes where you could run way too fast (chaotic responsive movement in first person)
- card games (both CCGs and traditional)
- The Binding of Isaac (very complex item combo systems)
- Return of the Obra Dinn (incredibly unique visual style)
- the potential of VR hardware
- Tabletop RPGs
- SSX (I desperately want to work on a game like it one day)

Anyway, enough about me! See you around Gomez
vault11th
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9116 on: December 06, 2015, 09:25:42 PM »

Oh, didn't see it before.
Hello, my name is Gregory and I'm from Poland. Am 30 yo. and coding since 7.
Frozen Fractal
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9117 on: December 08, 2015, 06:15:37 AM »

Hi all! I'm Thomas, a.k.a. Frozen Fractal, and I like making games Smiley In fact I like it so much that I recently gave up my day job to try my hand at being a fulltime indie. My first game is already released, but I'm not allowed to mention it until this post is complete Wink

There will be a lot to learn (mainly the stuff that doesn't have anything to do with actually building a game) so bring it on!

I have been running a devlog for a long time, so there's a lot of content there in case you're interested. I don't see any rules against crossposting devlogs to the TIGForums, so I'll give that a try Smiley

frozenfractal.com | @frozenfractal | Devblog posts are cross-posted from frozenfractal.com/blog; subscribe there if you don't want to miss any!
GM
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9118 on: December 08, 2015, 07:12:24 AM »

Hi, I'm Gonçalo (@ErtaiGM).

Casually lurking TIGSource for almost a decade, I'm an avid gamer and also game developer.

I've been making games on my free time since 2009, and decided to pickup gamedev recently.

I'me currently making Massive Galaxy, you can find some updates on massivegalaxy.com
Devlog: http://massgalaxy.tumblr.com

redwolfplayer
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9119 on: December 08, 2015, 07:13:26 AM »

Hello all! My name is Austin but I go online by redwolfplayer or just redwolf. I mostly do programming, but as of recently have also dabbled in design and art as well. I'm currently working on making an entire game by myself, just to learn more about actual design and creating art assets for games.

I'm also a game design student! Which is a lot of fun and takes up a lot of time haha, but I'm making my senior 3D game which is very exciting.
Pages: 1 ... 454 455 [456] 457 458 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic