Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1056763 Posts in 42924 Topics- by 34871 Members - Latest Member: radik

October 23, 2014, 10:58:58 PM
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 290 291 [292] 293 294 ... 402
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 970614 times)
jupitermoon
Level 0

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5820 on: November 13, 2012, 03:52:06 PM »

Hi everyone!

We're Jupiter Moon Entertainment.  We're an independent video game development studio under the direction of industry veterans Christopher Cherubini and David Chiapperino. We're currently working on the game: Fin37

Christopher Cherubini most notably came from Infinity Ward, developer of the Call of Duty and Modern Warfare franchises under publisher Activision, where he served as Lead Artist.  During his time there the studio was awarded with the well-respected honor of Game of The Year, in addition to numerous other accolades.  Prior to Infinity Ward Cherubini has worked at companies Electronic Arts, Genuine Games and Funnybone Interactive.

David Chiapperino has contributed to over twenty published interactive titles at Vivendi Universal, Sony Computer Entertainment, Respawn Entertainment and Disney.  Most recently his work focused on video game licensed properties World of Cars, Pirates of the Caribbean and Toontown.  Prior, David worked at Funnybone Interactive creating animation for publishers such as Sony, Knowledge Adventure, Universal, and Mattel.

For more info on our games check out: http//www.jupitermoon.com
Or on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/jupitermooninfo

noumenus
Level 1

tired

View Profile
« Reply #5821 on: November 13, 2012, 08:30:38 PM »

Hey everyone, I'm an animator from Arizona. For a while my main focus has been cartoons and animation, but lately I have found myself more interested in creating games!

My first completed game was a several months back, which was done in flash. You can play it for free here
http://noumenus.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d54lika

I hope soon to get some positive feedback on games I work on and also share my knowledge and support with others!

indiePub
Level 0

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5822 on: November 15, 2012, 07:11:07 AM »

Hello! We are indiePub, a small indie company that develops and publishes games. We are situated in Ohio, and have been working on a few games lately. We are looking for feedback on some games we will be releasing soon!
BigRoundEyes
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5823 on: November 15, 2012, 09:19:36 AM »

Hello everyone, my name is Dylan Tinlun Chan and I am an independent game developer from Canada.

For some time my partner and I have been doing contract work making web games for other companies until one day we realized that we can actually use our skills to make a game of our own. We've been working in our spare time on our own since then and we recently finished our first game!

Now we're just beginning to discover the community of independent game developers. I found this forum and thought it would be a good place to start and introduce ourselves here.

All the best,
Dylan & Angélique
Alehkhs
TIGSource Editor
Level 0

...why not?

Alehkhs
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5824 on: November 15, 2012, 01:29:26 PM »

Well hell, I've been doing write-ups on the front page as an on-again/off-again TIGSource editor for more that four years now, and I've never actually introduced myself here...

I go by Alehkhs (pronounced as "Alex," lest you find it caught in your throat), and I likely spend far too much time playing old games and dreaming of future ones.

Why do I enjoy (occasionally) writing for TIGSource? I think I'm just trying to bring light to projects that catch my interest, and hoping there's people out there who will find those games interesting as well.

As far as more tangible contributions to the field... my drawing skills are abysmal, unless you're in dire need of a stick figure; my musical composition might be a tad better (relatively speaking), but it's been about a decade since I've done anything with that so who knows; as far as actually creating games, I enjoy planning out gameplay elements or conceptual world-building on paper, but I've never actually gotten around to programming anything - not being able to program throws a nice little roadblock in there.

But never fear! I'm currently trying to learn a thing or two and maybe someday pump out a small game or two. I guess we'll see?  Undecided
StudioMu
Level 0

not a cop

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5825 on: November 15, 2012, 11:26:39 PM »

Hey everyone, we are Studio Mu!

We're a buncha engineers & game designers from UC Santa Cruz who worked on a mobile dungeon crawler together, MicroVentures, for our senior project. Though we've all graduated and started working for The Man at various game companies *coughsocialgamescough* to eat and pay rent, our burning passion to make great & meaningful games lives on!

We came here because we want to be part of the independent gamedev community. Our own game was highly influenced by independent titles such as Spelunky and The Binding of Isaac. We hope to get to know more of you, see some cool games, and hopefully get to show off some of our own work for feedback.

And here's the team!

egoitzOsa
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5826 on: November 16, 2012, 02:24:37 AM »

Hi there!
I think it´s time to introduce myself since I´m starting to be more active on this forums Smiley.

My name is Egoitz Osa (ego for friends), and I´m a 26 years old (for now, let´s say I was born in 1986) graphic designer from Zumaia (Basque Country, Spain), allthough I actually live in Donostia-San Sebastián (Basque Country too Smiley).

I love games since I´ve memory, and, specially, indie ones. I have some little programming faculties (it´s not too much, but it´s better than nothing Shrug). i did a little introductory game some years ago, but I don´t think about it like a real game.

I´m actually working on "The Wild West". Everything is done by me except the music (i will have help on that part, goodness).

I love taking new challenges and learning new things about near anything, and that´s why, for example, I´m making The wild west a pixel-art game, cuz I´ve never made nothing with that style and I really wanted to learn how to create something like that.

And I think it´s enough for now, I don´t want bore you (maybe it´s too late Big Laff).

So, we will see each other around here.

PWX_Dave
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5827 on: November 16, 2012, 08:06:54 AM »

WRESTLING!!!

Hi everyone! My name is Dave Wishnowski and I run an indie studio up in Alberta, Canada that is making a PC Pro Wrestling game. Been at it a long...long time actually. Have I got some war stories to tell.

At any rate, it's kind of a game development wasteland where I live so it's nice to meet you all and I hope you swing by and check out my project

N64 style gameplay + Moddable PC platform = wrestling game nirvana

Thank you!
Dave
www.prowrestlingx.com
michaelgabrielr
Level 0

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5828 on: November 16, 2012, 10:58:08 AM »

My name is Michael and I'm a software engineer from Poland, the country that never got the NES.
However, 10 years from its American release, a Famicom hardware clone Pegasus captured our imagination in its place.
It came with the legendary "Contra 168in1" cartridge and countless more were available through friendly trades or from the market.

As such, my first game was Contra, which I loved to play (along with other co-op games) with my big sister.
I have fond memories of beating Adventure Island 2 (or its hack, Super Mario World 9) regularly before school.
Over the years, I got to play Megaman, SMB3, Duck Tales and other classics.
At that time, the Pegasus was my only gaming system, until I got my first computer.

As the 8-bit and 16-bit computers became popular, I got my first taste of programming with Atari Logo.
Even today, this era remains to me a time of legends, with uncharted and surreal worlds asleep within the black depths.
This impression was further reinforced by the likes of the glitched Jet Set Willy, Trailblaser and Arkanoid.
Perhaps it was also due to so many games recalling the time of lore, like Rodland, Aztec, Toki and Smuś (a dragon Metroidvania by LK Avalon).
While NES games radiated with color and adventure, these games inspired the foreboding atmosphere of mystery.
Eternity passed and the Sony Playstation was discovered.

Ever since I saw the TV ad of Croc: Legend of the Gobbos and played the '97 Demo 1, I knew it's going to be big.
It ended up to be my 1st game on the PSX (as it was affectionately called in Poland), along with Tekken later on.
These introduced me to the bright, colorful and imaginative world of 3D gaming.
To this very day, my favorite platformer of all time is Crash Bandicoot 2.
As if almost immediately after I got my console, shops began stocking on magazines, which included demo discs.
In the very first Official Playstation Magazine, I got my 1st taste of Soul Reaver and the Net Yaroze console.
It was approximately then that I decided that I want to make video games.

But games weren't the only thing that fueled my imagination.
At one point I got this huge red treasure chest full of Lego's, which allowed me to build everything I could imagine.
This was also true for the colorful domino bricks, which I arranged into surreal worlds of 8-bit nostalgia.
Along with a multitude of toys, at that time this was the way I could feed my desire to create the game of my dreams.
Meanwhile, several things became popular at my school.
Chupa Chups released its version of caps/Pogs/Tazos/Flippos, which introduced children to gambling became a huge fad.
With the Pokemon Trading Card Game we got our first taste of tournament play and competitive multiplayer, way before the PCs.
But when that time arrived, our world was changed...
...forever.

StarCraft: Brood War became sort of a phenomenon, to say the least.
People stayed in line for their turn at the Internet cafes to play it with their friends over LAN.
This was the only way to get on the Internet back then, as the Internet was something of a costly novelty.
Albeit my 1st PC was the black-and-green Tulip PC, which barely ran DOS games, we finally got the real thing...
...a lowly PC with Windows ME.
I practiced playing at home through the campaign and I really enjoyed making my own maps.
Later on, when the schools came equipped with computer laboratories, we organized our own StarCraft, UT GotYE, Quake 3 and even Prince of Persia tournaments.
Yet offline gaming thrived.
People kept playing Heroes of Might & Magic 3 and Wormds World Party for many hours at their friend's houses.
They were also burrowing games, which is how I got to play Alien vs Predator 2, Max Payne or WarCraft 3. Plus, having a PC opened up new (and cheaper) magazines with their own demo discs.
During the vacation I used to borrow a laptop with old-school PC games, like Prince of Persia, Volfied, Rollercoaster Tycoon or Commander Keen.

Then at last, within one computer magazine, I got the full version of The Games Factory by Clickteam.
This, along the DnD source books (my favorite being Manual of the Planes) and RPGs like Baldur's Gate, opened a huge array of possibilities.
My quest to create the best game ever began.

In the past 10 years or so, I faced major difficulties.
People kept telling me "you will fail", "who are you compared to big game companies?", "will this earn you bread?", "what does it matter?", all while all I wanted was for my childhood wishes to come to pass.
Their looks of contempt betrayed their stance on games in general - this loathsome childish pasttime hardly worth pursuing and rightly deserving public scorn.
But something changed this time.
People like you and me were creating their very own games, drawing from the potential long abandoned by the gray-brown games of today and turning mere shadows of the past into a marvelous reality.
Could this be possible?
With hope rekindled, I am that much closer to fulfilling my dreams and that of others...
...and for that I thank all of you!

Let's bring gaming back to life!

I already got the opportunity to work on the upcoming AM2R fan game project - http://metroid2remake.blogspot.nl/
Currently I am working on my "original" title, called "Legends of Zeranoth", which I will discuss in these forums soon enough.

Trivia:
-I prefer Tekken 2 over 3. The later felt like a downgrade, with most of the cast either missing or replaced by strangers.
-No matter what, I find myself returnig to a handful of games (probably as a detox to all the awful ones), which I love to play. These evergreen titles are - Crash Bandicoot 2, Spelunky, Team Fortress 2, Contra, Tekken series and Adventure Island 2.
-Why Crash 2 and not 3? I played it first, so the setting didn't come to me as a rehash of C1 and C3 felt like overdoing it, kind of like SMB2 feels to a lot of Mario fans. Worst yet, every other game were either trying too hard to be the third one or mutated into the likes of Titans.

Thanks for reading,

-Michael
zwets
Level 0

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5829 on: November 16, 2012, 12:48:31 PM »

Hi all,

My name is Jan Niestadt, and I'm the programmer half of a little two-man team. My friend Gijs Rosengarten constitutes the art department. :-) We call ourselves Qwok Games.

We're both thirty-somethings with tech-related day jobs. We've been collaborating on various creative projects for quite a few years now. Making games was always on the list of things to do, but about a year ago we finally went and did it.

We started by entering the Ludum Dare Jam #22, and actually ended up winning second place with our HTML5 puzzle game Together Alone. Since then we've ported it to Haxe/NME in order to be able to target more platforms (Flash for now; Windows version coming), and we've vastly improved the game in all areas. We recently posted our second beta version on our site. The full game should be done by the end of the year.

We're also brainstorming heavily for our next game. As always, we have too many ideas, so the challenge is to avoid the 'second system syndrome' (taking on too much after the first succesful project). But it's been a lot of fun so far.

Thanks for reading and see you around!

Jan.
InCreator
Level 0

View Profile Email
« Reply #5830 on: November 16, 2012, 03:03:19 PM »

Hey everyone!
Since this forum has serious lack of Estonians, I'll introduce myself here  Smiley

My name is Indrek Plavutski, probably more known around the web as InCreator.

I mostly specialize in artwork, especially pixel art and animations, but know my way around code too if needed.

I've been AGSer since 2003 and participated in few projects, such as small artwork help in A Tale of Two Kingdoms and most recently, Blackwell Deception as a background artist.

Currently, I'm working on a big multiplatform project Hamster Time and doing some smaller projects on the side, to avoid getting too worn out on a single game.

I also got some videos of the progress, see here, but I guess it's a bit too early to make a full dev log.

Thanks for reading!
gejben
Level 0

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5831 on: November 18, 2012, 04:09:11 PM »

Hello,
My name is Gabriel. I am a 23 years old Swede, living in Sweden with my wife and daughter (1.5 years).I haven't been programming much at all, but since I started out I've been finding it a lot of fun, so now that I think I have some basics I will try making a game. (devlog here:http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=29810.0, please leave some feedback).

First games I played was on my uncles Sega Master System. Mostly R-Type and Psycho Fox (What a HORRIBLE game, but so many lovely memories)

I enjoy all types of games, but lately it's mostly been indies that have made me stick through the whole game. Just got through Braid, which is one of the best games I've ever played, Thak you Jonathan Blow!

My Bolg,with updates of what I'm working on
Picherity
« Reply #5832 on: November 18, 2012, 09:07:52 PM »

Hi everyone - I'm Matthew Sandstrom. Good thankyou. That's good. Okay!

I feel a little awkward here, as I've only recently completed my first (short) game, and I'm by no means a professional designer or programmer. I specialize in music, having studied at the Elder Conservatorium in Adelaide. Music isn't really what I want for a career, though, so I'm keeping up work on my own little projects and things, with reports on a blog that can be found here:

I'm very excited about what's happening in the games industry right now, and I'm going to do whatever I can to be a part of it. And that's all there is to say, really. ^^

Oh, and the kind of games I want to make are like ... like artificial memories. That's a very vague kind of ideal. I'm focussed on creating games that communicate emotively to the Player through the core gameplay mechanics, without relying on aesthetics and graphics/sound.
yuji
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5833 on: November 21, 2012, 09:05:23 AM »

Hey everybody,

I'm Yuji Kosugi. I'm living in London now, but I'll be moving sometime next year when my visa expires (probably Montreal next, or maybe Copenhagen or Melbourne).

I quit my boring office job a year ago, did a lot of soul-searching, and finally decided to start making games a month and a half ago. My original project (making a more mainstream-accessible roguelike) was a bit too ambitious for a first game so I set it aside a few weeks ago to start working on a simpler game—a 2d weaponless "shooter"—an alpha build of which I'll be posting to the feedback forum later.

I've been playing games on and off for most of my life. Here are some favorites, off the top of my head:

• King of Dragon Pass: I'm continuously in awe at this game for being able to create such a rich, flavorful story that is different every time you play.
  • Fallout: Incredibly detailed world filled with compelling characters, interesting moral decisions, and quests with many possible solutions. There's just so much fun stuff to do in that game.
  • Sid Meier's Pirates: I'm still not entirely sure why this game works so well. You sail around, occasionally fight other ships, and go around doing a bunch of minigames. But the game has a lot of personality, and somehow all the pieces combine into an amazingly fun game.
  • Team Fortress 2: It's nice to have an FPS I can do pretty well at by using my brain, even though I'm not that good at FPSs in general.
  • Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup: I love roguelikes because permadeath gives every decision significance, procedural generation provides near-infinite replayability, and the emergent interaction of elements like monsters and items provides you with a neverending sequence of interesting tactical and strategic conundrums. I also love how roguelikes are such a pure test of your ability to make good decisions, as opposed to, say, memorization or patience for grinding. As for DCSS in particular, I think the races and classes provides a lot of different ways to play the game, and there's a good blend of tactical and strategic complexity.
  • Super Hexagon: Speaking of pure tests of player skill, this is might be the purest possible test of pattern recognition and reaction time. Playing this game until I could beat the hardest(estest) difficulty level gave me a lot of new experiences, including the ability to turn concentration on and off at will, and the perception that time has slowed down as a result of your mastery (both psychological phenomena that I had heard about through accounts of elite athletes but had never actually experienced before). 

Also: Loom, Quake, Alpha Centauri, Descent, Heroes of Might and Magic, Resident Evil, Blast Corps, Super Smash Brothers, etc. etc. etc.

The game I'm working on now, and most of my ideas, are either single player tests of skill (i.e. arcade high score games and roguelikes) or multiplayer contests, but I'm also interested in story-based stuff. Above all though, I want to make stuff that is new and not derivative or just an obvious genre work, and I also want to respect players and provide value instead of just taking up their time.
brotherJeremie
Level 0

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5834 on: November 22, 2012, 06:09:19 AM »

Hello,

my name is jeremie, I am french, and I am 25.
I try to create games with a friend, Tibius, and we will see how it's work.
I am game/level designer, and I defend myself in graphics design. Tibius is developer.

Here is what we look when we are eating (french people like to eat):

How did I get into games?
Since I am a child, I create games on paper like maze and other kind of piscou magazine games. When I discover video games, I start to wanted to be game creator. Whatever was the way.
Then I learned development and level/game design at school, and graphic design by myself.

I like strategy and war, like this:

And I like original weird stuffs and poetry like this:

Now Tibius and I, are trying to make our own game and sell it.
It is called Ubinota. And it is more a weird poetic stuff.
Jóhannes G.
Level 0

Lurker

johannesg@johannesg.com same-as-my-msn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5835 on: November 22, 2012, 01:54:42 PM »

Góđann daginn. Gentleman

The Me

My name is Jóhannes Gunnar Ţorsteinsson, I am currently 24 years old Icelandic sound, music and visual artist who was brought up by video games because that's the only thing I had to entertain myself for I spent the majority of my life near the highlands in north west Iceland. With nearest neighbor around 10 kilometers away and nearest town (pop. 500 people) 30 kilometers away.

Although I do remember receiving the NES with Super Mario Bros back when I was 3 years old, and playing Zelda and all that but I still don't associate much with those games. Although I guess they did kickstart my love for games. The games that really shaped me was the Marathon Trilogy, I think I spent over 10 years playing the Marathon games through, modding them, creating maps, and hang out on internet forums related to the games. My first game, 'Susannah' (never released, although showcased at an art exhibition) was even made with the Aleph One (Marathon) engine.

After studying visual arts in Akureyri, the "capital" of north Iceland, where I did my first game, Susannah, as a final project at school, I moved to Sweden to study sound/game design at the University of Skövde and I am currently doing my last year there. After that I guess I have no idea what happens. Maybe I will continue pushing my luck and try to survive as a indie developer or an obscure weirdo musician. Or I will end up finding some game/art related company/group that wants me.

My favorite kind of games are the ones that challenge the status quo and the definition of what a game is, and I tend to prefer open world games that rely heavily on atmosphere although sometimes I like to play casual games.

Games I love.
- Bit.trip.runner
- Marathon
- Dear Esther
- Kairo
- Limbo
- Cave Story

My Games

- Susannah (never officially released)
- S (currently in production)
- Ouroborosorosos (sound designer, Game Jam game 2012)
- Hero Battle Arena (sound designer, nominated Swedish Game of the Year 2011)

My Music
Just like with games, I love music that pushes the boundaries of what we define as music. My music can therefor be described more as sound art, soundscapes, with a mixture of drone, noise, and ambient.
http://zizdrone.bandcamp.com

So yeah... Great being here! I've been sort of lurking for the past year or so and rarely (or never) posted. But now it's time to get serious! Smiley

oh yeah, and here's my website!
http://www.johannesg.com

- Jóhannes G.portfolio
Graham-
Level 10

ftw

View Profile
« Reply #5836 on: November 22, 2012, 02:48:10 PM »

nice music.
Jóhannes G.
Level 0

Lurker

johannesg@johannesg.com same-as-my-msn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5837 on: November 23, 2012, 12:12:50 AM »

nice music.

Thank you!  Coffee
Heads up, If you like it a lot, I would recommend downloading it from my bandcamp ( http://zizdrone.bandcamp.com ) ASAP as all of my digital releases are for free currently but there is a possibility of me raising the price (at least on some of them) in the near future.

- Jóhannes G.portfolio
planet_io
Level 0

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5838 on: November 24, 2012, 12:55:45 PM »

Hello! This is Dan Jorquera, lead game designer at Planet Io Entertainment. One day I hope to release something as memorable as Braid, Bastion, or Fez. Gomez Currently I'm playing Fly'n when I'm not working on my game. Wink

LINKS!

Planet Io:
http://www.planetio.net

Personal Portfolio:
http://www.danjorquera.com

Current project:
http://www.ancientaxes.com

Nice to meet you. Coffee
carley
Manbaby

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5839 on: November 26, 2012, 08:13:14 AM »

Hey all! I'm Carley. I'm just getting starting making video games, it's something I've dreamed of since being a kid. I used to spend my time creating non digital games (like card games and role playing systems), but it's recently occurred to me that I can actually make a video game with the tools out there now.

I love independent game culture and am very excited to be a part of it!
Pages: 1 ... 290 291 [292] 293 294 ... 402
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic