Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1073976 Posts in 44023 Topics- by 36025 Members - Latest Member: bdsowers

December 21, 2014, 12:50:47 PM
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 302 303 [304] 305 306 ... 411
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1017079 times)
leafo
Level 0

View Profile Email
« Reply #6060 on: March 03, 2013, 04:31:00 PM »

Hello I'm leafo. I thought I had an account here a long time ago, but I guess not. I've made a few games for Ludum Dare:

http://leafo.net/#games

I make websites, music and games. But I mostly program. Follow me on GitHub if that's your thing: https://github.com/leafo

I make all my games in my own programming language called MoonScript (http://moonscript.org), which compiles down to Lua. Then I run them in Love2d

I'm slowly making a game not in the confines of Ludum Dare. You can follow any of my endeavours on my blog: http://leafo.tumblr.com/

Here's a cool gif from my last Ludum Dare entry, I hope it's not too big:

niteshg16
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6061 on: March 03, 2013, 08:56:16 PM »

Hi, I am Nitesh.

I am currently working on a fast paced roguelike game.
Flourish
Manbaby

View Profile Email
« Reply #6062 on: March 03, 2013, 09:20:53 PM »

Hey guys,

Working on a game for Android/iOS at the moment. It's a runner-like game, but it may have levels. It's my first solo-developed game, so that's why it's a casual game rather than the dream epic Witcher 2/Skyrim crossbreed I really wanna make lol. Will hopefully release it sometime this year.

Prototype is almost complete. Can't wait to show it to the world when it's ready. Looking forward to checking out the games from the people on these forums!

Good luck everyone!

- Flourish
erik
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6063 on: March 04, 2013, 12:35:14 AM »

Hello everyone.  I created this account a while ago, but never got around to introducing myself.

My name is Erik.  Game development is a favorite hobby of mine, though it's often difficult to make time for it.  I used to participate in LD48's pretty regularly:
http://www.ludumdare.com/compo/author/erik/

Lately my game dev time has been going into Life Goes On, a project that started at the 2012 Global Game Jam.

As for early influences and that sort of thing... the big one that comes to mind is the Space Quest series.  Particularly Space Quest III.  I loved that game as a kid.  The internet generally doesn't seem to have as much nostalgia for it as I do though.

Happy game deving everyone.

Life Goes On - Use your dead bodies to solve puzzles and make progress.

Feedback Thread
dangersam
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6064 on: March 04, 2013, 04:03:59 PM »

Hey all, Sam here.  I guess you could say I'm a "veteran" in the industry (i.e. old Smiley), having worked professionally as a games programmer for nearly 15 years.  Originally from the UK, I have lived in Vancouver, Canada for many years, working at EA (most recently as lead rendering engineer on SSX).

A few months ago I quit EA to try my hand at indie development, the time seemed right for a new challenge!  I'm now working on a first person exploration and construction game.

Here it is in action: http://youtu.be/b8aie7Iqtuo
My dev blog: http://dangersam.tumblr.com/

It's truly inspiring to see just how many indie devs are on here making cool stuff, I wish you all the best with your projects!

Cheers,
Sam
draconiansolo
Level 0

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6065 on: March 04, 2013, 04:26:43 PM »

Hello Everybody!

I'm Nicolas Coronado. The thought of making games is the only thing that keeps me going.
My entire life it was my dream to make games but life is distracting and sometimes you just don't get the education you were looking for; I got distracted by 3d, and then compositing and ended up working for films and tv as I never found how I fitted in the whole game making thing. I'm usually a VFX compositor, currently doing some digital compositing at Framestore, in London UK. I also have a small venture in Colombia -where I am from- called Autobotika, we do vfx and want to do concept design and games and stuff.

When I'm not working overtime I'm programming stuff; I started doing bunches of creative coding using processing and now I am making the leap to Java.

I've written "I" Lots of times in this introduction because that's the way I was taught to write in english. It starts so sound horribly selfish with time.

My favorite games ever would be Mario 3, Final Fantasy Tactics, Chrono Cross and Vagrant Story in the big budget side of things; In the sunnier Indie side I've really loved Limbo, Super Meatboy, Red Rouge, Teleglitch and Risk of rain.

I'm working on several game Ideas, one prototype in particular which I'd love to show you guys when it is more polished. And when I get how this whole internet forum thing works.

In the meantime, I can show you the shortfilm I made with a bunch of friends a couple of years ago. http://draconiansolo.wordpress.com/2011/11/26/diastole-fuckyeah/
eigenbom
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6066 on: March 04, 2013, 04:29:48 PM »

hello new people, welcome!

mushroomized
Level 8

haha im tired

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6067 on: March 04, 2013, 06:40:59 PM »

hello new people, welcome!
Thanks moonmanman

smashthewindow
Level 0

View Profile Email
« Reply #6068 on: March 04, 2013, 06:58:10 PM »

Hi all,

I'm a high school student interested in working in the field of game dev.

And I like to create cool stuff.

That's pretty much it.
bitSmithGames
Level 0

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6069 on: March 05, 2013, 09:32:47 AM »

Hello all, from rainy Dublin!

We are bitsmith Games, based in Ireland.

We released our first game for iPad in January, with other versions on the way!

you can check it out here:
http://bitsmithgames.com/Games/ku-shroud-of-the-morrigan/

AHOY!
toborprime
Level 0

You're luggage - *blam*

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6070 on: March 05, 2013, 11:12:20 AM »

Greetings, folks! I recently came across TIGSource and it's super fancy!

Who's in the mood for a (probably) overly verbose intro?!

My name is Matt and I like to make comics, music, sometimes movies and messes.

In the spirit of the original post, here's what I look like being a dweeb on Halloween:

My first real foray into gaming was thanks in no small part to Super Mario Bros. Sorta trite, I know, but damn did that thing set off fireworks in my brain (... and on screen. Sometimes.).

I didn't have a PC growing up, so I spent a lot of prepubescent years coveting my grade school chums' titles like Doom and Daggerfall.

Bastards.

Once I did get my grubby hands on a cream colored box that could perform complex calculations,
it came in the form of a "Power PC" Macintosh sporting (or, severely crippled by) a suite of
software called Performa, or some damn thing. I was largely limited to what Blizzard, Bungie and
Lucas Arts had to offer but once I got a copy of Warcraft II, I was done for. Thanks especially
to the map editor, I shot that thing up like... like something really awesomely bad for you.

There were plenty of other games that reduced me to a smoldering pile of couch potato that I
encountered over the years. Call me Looney Tunes, but I count Zelda II and Super Mario Bros. 2
among them. (gotta love being able to use roman numerals and regular digits in the same sentence!) And, I feel I would be sorely remiss in my duties as a human if I didn't mention mutha fuckin' RUNE!!

I had always excitedly entertained the idea of game development, but outside of keeping some journals containing game ideas, playing with sprites and tilesets, and a couple semesters of C++ in highschool, I never dove in.

A couple years ago I really needed something different and fun to work on, so I started a little passion project - a game I had always wanted to play but just didn't quite exist. I hadn't really put any serious time into it except for the odd month or three whre I obsessed over the thing. Recently I was given the super mind blowingly awesome gift of getting to work on my game full time! Yay!

This seems like a great community - lots of creativity and inspiration to be had. I look forward to hanging out and seeing what everyone's working on!

TL;DR Rune is awesome.

Cheers!
Impmaster
Level 10

Scary, isn't it?

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6071 on: March 05, 2013, 05:35:29 PM »

Alright! Welcome!

Do I need a signature?
xeriku
« Reply #6072 on: March 05, 2013, 08:12:49 PM »

Hello, My name is Will/Xeriku,

I got into making games during my teens when I used ripped Final Fantasy IV graphics to make a small scale online multiplayer RPG game. From that time until now, I have desired to finally complete a game and begin my journey into making games for a living.

I am primarily a programmer, but I have been spending a lot of time lately learning level design and pixel art so that I can make a game that it somewhat decent looking. I've heard how great this community can be and I hope to stay here.
nightlight
Level 0

View Profile Email
« Reply #6073 on: March 05, 2013, 11:58:27 PM »

Hello Smiley
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 01:28:25 PM by nightlight » Logged
64Mega
Level 0

View Profile Email
« Reply #6074 on: March 06, 2013, 02:15:05 AM »

Hello everybody.
I've been procrastinating with regards to joining TIGSource for agesSmiley
Anyway, I began making games from the second I found out about QBasic on an ancient Pentium 1 machine that ran Win 98. I was only 10 at the time.
From there, I progressed to Pascal, then on to C, had a brief fling with Game Maker, and all the while migrated over to C++.
My original inspiration was the NES; I really wanted to make games like that, my own worlds and such. Also, the complete and utter lack of games on the family PC drove me to desperation.

These days, I mostly wind up making platformers, often adhering to self-imposed NES like limitations. For this, I tend to use Game Maker if I'm feeling lazy, or C++ (Usually using SFML and a GME for music).
So far, I've made a slew of platformers, and one first person shooter style game, built from scratch. It's not very fancy, but can be played here: http://gamejolt.com/games/shooter/exile/10869/

And finally, I'm a chiptune artist, focusing on music for games. Famitracker is my weapon of choice. Some of my music can be heard here: https://soundcloud.com/mega1992

I look forward to making use of these forums.  Grin
toborprime
Level 0

You're luggage - *blam*

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6075 on: March 06, 2013, 04:36:05 AM »

Thanks, Impmaster!
And finally, I'm a chiptune artist, focusing on music for games. Famitracker is my weapon of choice. Some of my music can be heard here: https://soundcloud.com/mega1992
These tracks are great - I'm really digging Tower of Illusion!  Hand Metal Left Smiley
fustytalons
Manbaby

View Profile
« Reply #6076 on: March 06, 2013, 01:30:49 PM »

Hello, my name is Leif and I've been working on games for the last 8 years. I started in school and I've been in the game industry for the last 3 years. The first title I worked on was called Bust-n-Rush and I'm currently helping with another title called Whispering Willows. Some favorite games include Guild Wars, BF 2142, Civ 5, League of Legends, and I have of course always loved/grew up with the classics Zelda, Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy 3, etc...
Ian Morrison
Level 0

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6077 on: March 07, 2013, 11:42:52 AM »

Geez, some of you guys are setting ridiculous standards for introduction posts. This is going to seem lame by comparison, but here goes...

I'm Ian, and I've been into games amd game development since I was a kid. I'm pretty sure it was a combination of "Dark Forces" and "Raptor: Call of the Shadows" that pushed me over to the "I want to make these things" side, but the list of games that have inspired me along the way is too long to enumerate. Some of my favourites over the years have been Tribes 2, RUSE, and, well, everything Valve makes.  These days I've been playing an unhealthy amount of Minecraft, X-Com and Planetside 2.

I'm an artist and programmer by trade. I learned both early, then for some reason felt that I needed to choose one or the other when I went to university and went for a Computing Science degree. I then somehow parlayed my 8 years of goofing around in C++ into a job where I goofed around with 3DS MAX as a Jr. Technical Artist at a serious games company here in Edmonton. While I'd have never seen this coming starting out, it's not that much of a surprise that I've found myself increasingly in generalist roles instead of specializing.

These days, I'm working full-time as an indie developer (aaaaand cue the shameless plug). I've been doing art, programming, and level design for a game called Life Goes On, a puzzle platformer about traversing a gauntlet of deadly traps via the sacrifice of an army of expendable medieval knights.

The community here looks like a whole lot of fun, and I hope I've got something to contribute while I'm here!

Owly
Level 0

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6078 on: March 07, 2013, 05:42:35 PM »

Hi everyone!
This is Daniel from Germany and after years of simple voyeurism, I feel the urge to expose myself. Well, hello there!

I feel old, like to stay at home and drink a lot of orange juice. And I make games (among other things). My latest release also happens to be my first English one:
Whiter Than Black
I did it for a game jam. Three days, first time using Adventure Game Studio (for I plan to use it for much bigger projects again) and with one rule: No white, male lead. So this is a game of questions and answers, starring a black politician who believes to be white. He has to make the Congress believe as well by answering questions the white way. It's not about fun gameplay, but using gameplay to nail the theme.

My other notable releases are Kill Switch, a surrealistic and untranslatable Adventure type of game (dialogs were mostly written using free association and Écriture automatique). It was done for a very restricting contest using RPG Maker 2000.
Kill Switch

Then there's lucid dream no. 1, which is less of a game and more of an interactive scene where you guide a man through a lucid dream. Again, it's done for a very restricting contest using RPG Maker 2000.
lucid dream no. 1

My worst weakness is my atrocious lethargy, detaining me from getting my stuff together outside of situations of deep pressure (meaning: I can't get things done if my life doesn't depend on it). I have high hopes for this to be cured in the near future.

I'm a gamer since very early. My first games, I guess, were Rick Dangerous und MicroProse Soccer. Besides a fine dance I developed based in Rick's dying animation, that wasn't a very inspiring time for me. I got serious to an unfunny extend when the Playstation arrived. I loved the feeling of pioneering, that seemingly every game tried something new.
Nowadays, I don't play much. I prefer Adventures, classic Brawlers, Survival Horror and RPGs. My favorite games are Suikoden 1 + 2. Sometimes I'm for silly fun, but mostly I seek the same kind of meaning in games, as I do in books and movies.

I work as a software engineer, recently write for German site Adventure-Treff and I blog. So at least it seems I'm vaguely productive. I don't program much in my freetime, but rather use tools like GameMaker, RPG Maker and whatnot. My current project is a puzzle/Arcade game called Hard Determination, which looks like this:

I'm really looking forward to get a few pushes in the right direction here and have a good time!

Squize
Level 0

Lost forever in a happy crowd

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6079 on: March 08, 2013, 10:08:54 AM »

Hey everyone,

My name is Squize, and here's my brief potted history, like a drowning man.

I started way back with a ZX81 ( I'm old ), moved onto a Spectrum then a C64, where I finally learned how to code in assembler, then the Amiga 500 and finally the 1200, which is still the best machine I've ever owned.

On the Amiga I released a Uridium clone called "Torque", and I think this is the only picture of it online anywhere ( You can tell it was a massive hit )

Soon after that I discovered I prefered real life and all it's vices to computers, so I didn't touch one for years.

One day I stumbled upon JavaScript, and I was sucked back in. Shortly after I discovered Flash ( Flash 5 was just coming out then, with it's at the time sexy dot syntax actionscript ) and that's been me ever since.

I knocked out a couple of games, this was way back before sponsorship and in game ads were a thing, and reading about the dot com bubble thought I was going to be a millionaire, drinking Unicorn tears on my gold boat never having to work for anyone again. Ever.

I started working at Preloaded as a Flash game dev shortly after. In spite of it being a tread mill of adver-games I was lucky in that they're weren't the usual faire, they were actually huge projects that were for the most part great to work on, and I was fortunate enough to be there when the company were agency darlings.

I left there after 2 years 2 days, as quiting has to have some sort of symbolism to it. From there I was a founding member of Stimunation, which eventually lead my friend Olli and I to splinter off to form GamingYourWay.

The first year of GYW was spent being freelance whores, we'd take any and all games thrown our way. There's nothing like making something you're really proud of only to have a client take a big steaming dump on it at the 11th hour, so broken by that we pretty much turned our backs on all that filthy filthy agency money and followed the sponsorship route.

We've had varying success, from bombs like the stage3D powered DN8:Pulse,

http://www.turbonuke.com/games.php?game=dn8pulse

to our biggest "Hit", Outpost:Haven,

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/586969

Never one to milk an IP, we also released Outpost:Swarm and we're currently working on Outpost 2 ( And after finishing that you'll have to put a gun to my mothers head to force me to make anything even losely connected with shooting aliens ).

And that's me. I'm hoping to be a useful productive member of the community here, but in all honesty I probably won't be.

Squize.
Pages: 1 ... 302 303 [304] 305 306 ... 411
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic