Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1059299 Posts in 43066 Topics- by 35020 Members - Latest Member: fragmenttwo

October 31, 2014, 08:25:56 AM
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 305 306 [307] 308 309 ... 404
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 975993 times)
felipeprov
Level 0

Let's do it!

View Profile
« Reply #6120 on: March 17, 2013, 05:09:09 PM »

Hi guys
My name is Felipe, I am a Electrical Engineer from Brazil, and I have been working in a game engine as hobby. Maybe someday I will have success finishing my first commercial game.
I am honored to post something in this forum. Smiley
NoobsArePeople2
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6121 on: March 18, 2013, 09:40:17 AM »

Hi Everyone! My name is Sean and I like video games, beer and pizza. I also enjoy cats.
B6ka
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6122 on: March 19, 2013, 07:54:24 AM »

Hey, my name is Aqet Gamoushi, I am a game developer, cat-gun designer and aligator farmer. Nice to meet ya all. 

B6ka
Game developer, cat-gun enthusiast, alligator farmer
nikki
Level 10

View Profile Email
« Reply #6123 on: March 19, 2013, 10:02:19 AM »

Hi Aqet, NoobsArePeople2, felipeprov, Zenuel, MissMelody, cominu, SterlingDee, z84c00, 3leggedegg, joc-wi and Pixel_Crusher !

welcome aboard!           
unusualcadence
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6124 on: March 19, 2013, 04:37:42 PM »

Oh hi there. Long time reader, first time poster. I'm Adam, I make games and things! I once did that Thrustburst game with Umlautgames that you might have played. I think we're still working on the next game but it's taking a while.

Things have evolved to a point where I can even make games without leaning on the abilities of other, vastly more talented people, so I'm giving it a go and intending to rock up at as many game jams I can in my spare time!
vexille
Level 0

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6125 on: March 20, 2013, 10:09:58 AM »

Hey there! I've actually been posting on some threads around but hadn't seen this thread yet. I'm Guilherme, and I'm a programmer from Brazil. Since I was a kid I've wanted to work in games, but I've never really had much hope that I would be able to (the gaming market here really wasn't to inviting until a few years ago), so I had been working as a regular programmer for about two years.

I got really frustrated and depressed about my job and coincidently an old buddy mentioned he was about to start a game studio with a friend of his. So one thing led to another, and here we are! We are Luderia and we're trying to make the games we'd wanna play! We've been funding everything ourselves and we still haven't seen a dime because we haven't really released our first game yet haha.

And that game is...

Oh yes! Intense car-on-car action! We like to think of it as what would happen if Destruction Derby and Twisted Metal had a baby with Super Smash Bros, except it's for two players and you can only play it on a tablet! (Maybe on smartphones too, we're looking into that.) Anyway, I won't go on forever about it here, if you're interested, go check out our Facebook page, there's a bunch more info there.

And as a side project I intend to tackle on my free time, I've started making a cinematic platformer. I've actually had quite a bit of help from electrolyte, whom I've decided to bombard with technical questions after seeing this amazing project he was creating. I don't really have much of the game ready, but it will most likely involve space hippies and cosmic beads. I'll be sure to post more about it on the forums once there's something to show!
Zarkonnen
Level 0

Games! Kittens! Wine!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6126 on: March 21, 2013, 06:06:55 AM »

Hi! I'm David Stark / Zarkonnen. Gentleman I've lurked here a bit, and decided to finally take the plunge and actually register. I make games, mostly in Java, with the occasional Python and JS experiments. I've been a fairly regular participant in the Java4k contest. My entries, from most recent to least: (note: all Java applets!)

* Parasite Escape, a sidescrolling shooter/puzzler where you escape from a space base by jumping from brain to brain
* Dawn, where you have to hide from your abusive vampire boyfriend until sunrise
* Moo4k, a demake of Master of Orion, featuring hotseat multiplayer

I also recently made a slightly bigger game called Patent Blaster and am now again working on my long-time project, which is set in space...

Starkiller
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6127 on: March 21, 2013, 08:29:20 AM »

Greetings community, i am Steve, i've been programming for over 20 years (2 years with game programming). Since i was a teenager i've dreamed of making a final fantasy-like game and would love to do so someday if i ever were to find a passionate graphic artist.

I made a few iOS & Windows Phone games. I am currently developing a 2D rpg engine in my spare time in C# language using XNA framework. I also do web programming in php/javascript but i prefer game programming because it's much more fun  Smiley

win/linux/ios/macos/wp7/xbox360 developer
- C#, Objective-C, Javascript, PHP.
- XNA/MonoGame, OpenGL/ES1, Direct3D.
blaze_epic
Level 0

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6128 on: March 21, 2013, 12:15:19 PM »

Hi, I'm Larry. I've always had some sort of a passion for video games but it wasn't fully realized until I had access to the internet and a laptop of my own. With such technologically advanced tools at hand, I've come across several different spriting sites and 2D game engines, due to having an unrealized high interest in gaming.

During such "studies", I started to shift interest towards retro games, fascinated with how creative those developers had to be to make such great gaming experiences with what limitations they had, producing classics that still live strong amongst today's heavy hitters.

Some of my absolute favorite games are Prince of Persia (original), Tekken series, Street Fighter 3: Third Strike, Tomb Raider Anniversary and Underworld, ICO, Shadow of the Colossus, Oddworld: Abe's Exodus, Castlevania 1 and 3, Ninja Gaiden (just the NES and Master System titles), Zelda: A Link to the Past and Oracle of Seasons, Metal Gear 1 and 2, Metal Gear Solid VR Missions and Ghost Babel, skate, Super Mario Bros DX, Soul of the Samurai, Tenchu, Bushido Blade 2, Samurai Shodown series, Chrono Trigger, and Final Fantasy 7.

As a developer with very little experience, I would like to try to create games that build upon simple ideas and use them in creative ways, attempting to make for an interesting, challenging, and fun gaming experience. Due to my only experience with graphics staying within the low-res areas, my goal is to present these games with a retro art-style that can still look good by today's standards. My personal interests in martial-arts, parkour/free-running, and skateboarding have played a huge inspiration in what I've made and plan on making.

In this community, I hope to come across some more gems and hopefully contribute a few in the near future. I also really like to talk about video games...

Wogoat
Level 0

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6129 on: March 21, 2013, 03:08:03 PM »

I'm Matt Gardner, I've been toying with game design to some extent ever since the release of Klik & Play way back when.  (And a bit of BASIC stuff prior to that)

Since then I've been involved in several game projects and am looking forward to producing a game of my own if I can ever manage to get one finished.

I've done character designs for the first three Blackwell games, as well as the voice of Jim the replacement door man in the first one.  I also did animation work on Emerald City Confidential.

Currently working on my own adventure game, Party to Adventure, which I hope to be getting into proper development this year.  Also have a half dozen unfinished browser games, I very much suffer from the need to start a new project as soon as one shows promise of actually being completed.

However, as far as the internet is concerned, I'm far more known for my Floating Hands Studios cartoons.
ali00128
Level 0

View Profile Email
« Reply #6130 on: March 22, 2013, 12:44:39 AM »

Hi,

I'm a Game designer and developer. Joined TIGSource to introduce my game and hear what you think.  Gomez
nikki
Level 10

View Profile Email
« Reply #6131 on: March 22, 2013, 01:34:35 AM »

Hi ali00128, Wogoat, blaze_epic, Starkiller, Zarkonnen, vexille  and unusualcadence !

Glad you found us.
Welcome to you all! 
Valued Rug
Level 0

All the Dude ever wanted was his rug back

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6132 on: March 22, 2013, 09:17:04 AM »

Hi I'm Valued Rug, I make games.

I got started in the early 90's, the shareware days on mac. There were a lot of little games that you could open up and see how they worked. I was a little kid then, having no clue what I was doing. It wasn't until Bungie dropped Marathon right on my face that I started mapping, then later they did Myth and I did maps and mods for that too. Lots of fps maps and mucking around throughout the late '90's early 2000's. I went to college as an art major and spent a few years outside of gamedev, but always a hardcore gamer.

I lean towards fps and rts games, but I play everything "Western". I generally don't get into RPG's because I end up spending 80 hrs on the sidequests or grinding some stupid boss... I get too into the details and burn out on them.

In '04, I went to the guildhall, cohort 2. Basically, on the bleeding edge of game schools, before they were a "thing". I worked at several major companies on AAA games, and for the last 4 years, worked at a company founded by ex guildhall kids (now old men). We did mainly iphone and serious games, but aside from this prototype pc game, we never got to do the indie game thing, even though we were in on the ground floor of the app store!

That company recently got rid of everyone unfortunately. A sad part of the industry, but it always happens. Even (insert game studio here) will someday fold, mark my words.

For the time being, I have a small side project called  hatchlight, with a few of the guys. I'm finally joining in on the conversation here rather than just lurking around.

Our first game is already out (iOS). We are releasing it a Chapter at a time. At some point I'll start a wip thread for it.

current project - Rescue Love Revenge
http://rlr.hatchlight.net
Psycher!
Manbaby

View Profile Email
« Reply #6133 on: March 24, 2013, 09:59:49 AM »

Hi, my name is Esteban/Psycher. I'm a musician and a learning producer. I've been wanting to have my music be in a game for a long time now, but what I want most right now is to learn some new stuff from everyone here. I've made attempts at making an actual game myself, but they were usually failures which I gave up on pretty quickly. Nice to meet you all.  Smiley
xrm0
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6134 on: March 24, 2013, 02:41:36 PM »

Hi, my name's Luis and I've been coding for a long time but not long ago decided to start making games.
I did my first game in the mid 90s, source code (Pascal and Assembler) and a gameplay video here: http://ktulu.com.ar/blog/2012/10/10/janus/ (the post is in spanish)
You can see what I've published so far here: MulitaSoft.

WIP: Unnamed Elevator Action inspired game. devlog http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=43607.0
UberLou
Level 0

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6135 on: March 24, 2013, 05:22:37 PM »

Hey guys, my name is Lou and i've been in the industry for close to 10 years.  After 2 studio closings within a year I finally decided to give indie gaming a try.  I've also been a member here lurking for a few years and finally will have something to post.  Looking forward to being more active on the site!
nikki
Level 10

View Profile Email
« Reply #6136 on: March 25, 2013, 01:23:45 AM »

Well Hello UberLou, xrm0, Psycher! and Valued Rug.

welcome to the forums.     
MFK
Manbaby

View Profile
« Reply #6137 on: March 25, 2013, 04:38:18 AM »

Hi, I'm Michael / MFK  Gentleman

I am the linux porter of the cross-platform version of Indielib game engine, orginally done by Javier / Javilop.

Since Javier used to post here about his work on indielib, I thought it might be a good idea to lurk around here myself Smiley

Regarding the cross-platform version of Indielib, the binary releases of our new 0.5 version are ready here: http://www.indielib.com/tools/ if anyone want to check it out.
LimitingFactor
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6138 on: March 25, 2013, 01:25:48 PM »

Hello, my name is Clayton Lilly and I am a java developer. I've been into making games as a hobby for a long time, and I've always been fascinated by games that use procedurally generated content. I released a game about a year ago for Android, and just recently ported it to Windows. It's a first person RPG set in a procedurally generated world. You can check it out at www.realmsoffortune.com.
Durbek
Level 0

View Profile Email
« Reply #6139 on: March 25, 2013, 08:51:07 PM »

Hello, I'm Durbek.))
(it is not only nick Wink )
I'm beginner pixel artist and indie game developer(beginner too)))

that's all. =)

Aborigenus...
Coming soon.
Pages: 1 ... 305 306 [307] 308 309 ... 404
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic