Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1034602 Posts in 41738 Topics- by 33332 Members - Latest Member: peteandwally

August 21, 2014, 10:00:48 AM
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 409 410 [411] 412 413 ... 521
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 919134 times)
Cybearg
Level 0

View Profile Email
« Reply #6150 on: March 28, 2013, 07:05:24 PM »

I have played video games since before I could read, but have only just now gotten into trying to actually make them. Since I'm 24, I'm a bit of a late bloomer in that regard.

I plan to start with retro consoles (I have recently released a few games for the Atari 2600) and eventually move on to something newer. I hope to be able to come up with interesting game concepts and not fall into the trap of making pointless or tedious interactive "noise" just for the sake of making a game.
madruse
Level 0

deep in code

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6151 on: March 29, 2013, 11:05:36 AM »

Hi, I'm Dustin, long time TIG Source reader, first time forum post...er.  I've been programming for about 13 years, developing/designing games for about 6 years, and playing games since my first computer.  (TRS-80 baby!)  I'm a graphic designer who became a programmer. (left brain vs right brain, fight!)  Over the years, I've made games for EA, Hasbro, Atari, name drop, name drop, Yawn, who cares.  Now, I want to be able to say I've made games for....me.  MadRuse Games is my indie game studio that me and a friend started.  Here is a game we are working on called Vortex: http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=32500.0

stocki
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6152 on: March 29, 2013, 02:03:46 PM »

Hi everyone!
I'm Daniel and I am 22 years old. Currently I study Creative Computing in London which is where I live as well!

I got into games when my dad got me a SNES for my sixth birthday. My favourite games at the time were Zelda 3, Super Mario Bros., and Mario Kart, the obvious more or less. Smiley I am still a big fan of retro games today, but I enjoy modern games just as much. My current favourite is the new Tomb Raider, but I pretty much enjoy everything as long as it is Action Adventure or something related.

Programming has been one of my biggest hobbies for quiet a while now. I started with "The Game Maker" - a basic dialect when I was about eight and explored quiet a few other programming languages during my time now.

At the moment I am working on a project called Tales of Hymna (http://toh.stockerdesign.com) which is an RPG in the style of Zelda and want to present it here soon.

If you want to have a look at my previous projects, I would like to point you to my portfolio site. (http://www.stockerdesign.com)

Well I guess that's about all. Wink
nikki
Level 10

View Profile Email
« Reply #6153 on: March 29, 2013, 03:22:56 PM »

hi stocki, madruse, Cybearg and Pidroh.

glad you found us!
welcome
pekkak
Level 0

View Profile Email
« Reply #6154 on: March 30, 2013, 02:32:57 AM »

Hi everyone,

I'm the designer of upcoming indie title called Prisonscape. Not many of you have probably heard of it (hipster!), but we've been doing development for a while now. Since I'm a bit lazy, I'll just copy my introduction from our website (www.prisonscape.com):

"My name is Pekka and Iím the game and story designer for Prisonscape. Iím currently working as a researcher at University of Tampere where I study multimodal user interfaces. When Tuomas asked if I wanted to get involved in creating games, I was immediately interested. I have a long history with roleplaying games both as a DM and a player. I want to study gaming platforms as a way to tell stories and create emotions. Iím also interested in creating dynamic worlds where the playerís actions matter and where decisions have different consequences.

I draw inspiration from movies, books, recordings, games and from day-to-day scenarios. I want to create realistic characters whose personalities are more in the shades of grey instead of black and white (good vs. evil) you traditionally see in RPGs."

I'm the guy in the back, and the other dude is Tuomas. He's the coder for Prisonscape.

FloatingCoder
Level 0

View Profile Email
« Reply #6155 on: March 30, 2013, 04:52:25 AM »

Hi! I'm Bryan, I'm a full time software developer by day, mostly boring businessy stuff, but I've been dabbling in game development too off and on for a while now. I haven't finished anything worth bragging about yet, but hope to soon!

I'm looking forward to getting more involved in this community. 
Thanks!
Erric
Level 0

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6156 on: March 30, 2013, 12:07:39 PM »

Hey!

I am Matouö Jeěek from Brno, Czech Republic.
 I worked as designer in 2K Czech (Mafia II and couple other projects) for more than 4 years. Last summer I left the company to start something on my own. With few of my former collegues we started an indie project.

My roots are in storytelling (worked on several pen and paper RPGs before). I love to work with narrative from many different angles and always trying to find ways how to deliver meningfull experiences through game interaction.

Things got changed since there are no armies of artists and programmers producing my ideas, despite that I quite enjoy life of indie developer - I mean crafting game from bottom to top Smiley

Don't hesitate to wisit my website, if you are interested.

If something from my experience is useful to you guys, I will gladly share with the community.
 Cheers!

Jon Hampton
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6157 on: April 01, 2013, 08:49:45 PM »

hello i'm me
fmauro
Level 0

View Profile Email
« Reply #6158 on: April 02, 2013, 05:00:47 AM »

Hello!

I am Mauro Frischherz, Programmer at Phalanx One Games.

We're a two man team from Switzerland. I've been programming forever, give classes as an assistant at university and generally like to code.

Our first title has just been released, its name is Captain Thumb

Here's our website www.phalanxonegames.com
Germanunkol
Level 0

View Profile Email
« Reply #6159 on: April 02, 2013, 09:48:44 AM »

Hi Everyone!

I'm Germanunkol, an electrical Engineering student.
I started hacking together games when I was 12 and was stuck in that I-m-making-the-next-awesome-great-game for quite some time.
At around 16, I started doing more serious work and taking some coding courses. We got together into a small team and started to create CSiS, a fast-paced multiplayer space combat game. Of course, because it's multiplayer and because our choice of engine was never the best, it took ages to get running, but we're almost done with the next beta now, we hope to release it in the next weeks.

Every now and then, I get around to doing some work in Blender or Gimp, but I always tend to loose the patience:
Flying Thing
Spaceship internal WIP

Lately we got stuck working on CSiS and in the meantime, I decided to more experimental stuff.
That's how two more recent projects came to be:

Wiki-Based-RPG:

A text-based adventure game
where words that you have to use in your story are automatically and randomly generated from wikipedia-articles. This results in some crazy stories... Multiplayer only!

And the most recent project, trAInsported:
(On indieDB)

This one is pretty experimental.
The players have to write artificial intelligence that controls the trains during the course of the game (pathfinding, decision making etc). Once done, you can upload your AI to the official site which will make the AI compete agains other player's AIs in live, online matches (that you can also watch and follow). Statistics are saved and displayed on the website (also in animated auto-generated svg-goodness!)
The game teaches some basics of Lua to get players started.

I've been hanging around here for a while every now and then. The reason I'm registering now is, I'll be honest, that I'm stuck with that last game. It's basically done, there's some tweaking to do but all the features are implemented. Now, I wrote to multiple sites and none of them have responded. I do realize that the game's a very "niche" type of game... but indie-sites usually love those, don't they?!
Any hint on how I get to get more attention for the game would be appreciated. It's open source and free, so I don't care about huge press, but I want to at least have more players. I made a game thread for it... feel free to discuss the problem there! http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=32578.0

Besides gaming I love art, basketball and foreign cultures... which is why I'm studying abroad right now. I'm also a Treckie and have always wanted to make a big and juicy space game RPG. Maybe. One day. :D

There. That's me.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 10:04:10 AM by Germanunkol » Logged
SuperDisk
Level 1

View Profile Email
« Reply #6160 on: April 02, 2013, 11:10:43 AM »

Germanuknol: Was Wiki-Based-RPG inspired by Zach Barth's Wikipedia Quest? It's quite a cool idea.
nikki
Level 10

View Profile Email
« Reply #6161 on: April 02, 2013, 11:55:47 AM »

Hi there Germanunkol, fmauro, deadman7, Erric, FloatingCoder and pekkak!

welcome to the forums.

Germanunkol
Level 0

View Profile Email
« Reply #6162 on: April 02, 2013, 11:57:59 AM »

Germanuknol: Was Wiki-Based-RPG inspired by Zach Barth's Wikipedia Quest? It's quite a cool idea.
Hey, thanks! Smiley
No, I never heard of that game... Just googled it, it's awesome!

I meant to do WikiBasedRPG for a game jam, but we ended up doing something else. Then I got home after the event and started coding, cause I liked the idea so much.
As it always is, the base (communicating with the wiki) was done after that one night but the rest took much longer - text formatting/input and locales was a pain in the a**... In fact, locales don't really work yet because the engine doesn't support all non-standard keyboard keys...
AleZayas
Manbaby

View Profile Email
« Reply #6163 on: April 02, 2013, 05:19:18 PM »

Hello everyone! My name is Ale (short for Alejandro) and I'm from Argentina. I work in marketing and I'm also a freelance photographer but here I'm mostly a gamer who decided to try and make games. As for now, I don't know a lot about programming but I like to think about myself as a fast learner and a hard worker (don't we all, haha.)
My fav franchise are Resident Evil and Metal Gear Solid, I love indie games, old games, demakes, well almost everything!

I'm hoping I'll meet some of you through the forums and learn a lot. Gentleman
Bye!
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #6164 on: April 02, 2013, 05:21:42 PM »

hello,.
Pages: 1 ... 409 410 [411] 412 413 ... 521
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic