Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 05:22:19 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperTechnical (Moderator: ThemsAllTook)Motion Blur for 3D models (WIP)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Motion Blur for 3D models (WIP)  (Read 861 times)
LawSumisu
Level 0

Just a guy with a boomerang.

View Profile WWW
« on: December 11, 2014, 08:53:56 AM »

Hello!
I am working on a way to provide motion blur for 3D models. Ideally, it would be a simple asset that Unity developers can download and add to their projects, probably in the form of an Editor. Initially, the effect was to be used in conjunction with Toon Shading, in order to simulate a more hand-drawn look and feel as the model moves. Below is an example of what can be done with the program:

However, this project is still in its early stages. Something that's really important for designing a tool like this is user-feedback, as it helps to determine what features to add and iterate upon. As such, I have set up a web player where you can test out the blurring program here: http://sonokin.scripts.mit.edu/EX0rder/?page_id=103. Any feedback (which you can post here, or directly on my site) would be greatly appreciated.
On my site, I also go into more detail about properties of the motion blur, as well as my motivations behind this project, so feel free to read about that as well!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic