Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411510 Posts in 69375 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 11:55:16 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsCollaborationsThree-dee artist looking for a programmer to cook something cool with!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Three-dee artist looking for a programmer to cook something cool with!  (Read 1214 times)
Detocroix
Level 0

Level 1 Steamknight

View Profile WWW
« on: December 15, 2014, 03:03:37 AM »

Current Status: Currently occupied! Smiley(17.12.2014)

Hey!

I'm a 3D artist specializing on anything but animated characters (Characters are bleh, especially humanoids) looking for a programmer (Unity or Unreal) to do some cool small projects with. I'd like to cook up something in a month's time, something nice and tasty and preferably in 3D (if idea warrants it, 2D is fine too).

My portfolio www.detocroix.com/Artist

So, are you decently experienced programmer who wants to do some small game in Unity or Unreal and are interested in stuff I do? Drop me a message here or send mail to contact Wizard detocroix.com
« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 07:52:30 AM by Detocroix » Logged
dog199200
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2014, 07:25:37 AM »

I was wondering how strict you are in terms of a small project? I have a development team that I still looking to expand, but my project will take about a year, maybe a year and a half at most. I have more information posted here: http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=44738.0 if you're not interest, or unable to fit my posted requirements I understand; however, if you are I would love to talk more!
Detocroix
Level 0

Level 1 Steamknight

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2014, 07:31:33 AM »

I was wondering how strict you are in terms of a small project? I have a development team that I still looking to expand, but my project will take about a year, maybe a year and a half at most. I have more information posted here: http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=44738.0 if you're not interest, or unable to fit my posted requirements I understand; however, if you are I would love to talk more!

It seems to be in fairly early steps thus far or do you have some gameplay etc to show? Obviously it can be extremely rough, I'm just interested how far a long it is or if it's a brand new project. If it is brand new, I would sadly have to decline (too big of a commitment), but if it is further along I could consider bigger time investment Smiley
dog199200
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2014, 07:55:56 AM »

The development is broke down into 7 main phases, and then several sub phases. The phases determined by each planet and then end game. We are in part two of phase one, level prototyping and mesh work assembly. Yes, it is an early stage game, but most of the concept work and game mechanics for the first planet have been finalized. After phase one is complete we will be launching a kickstarter with a playable demo of the first planet to help fun the game, primarily paying all the developers.

Detocroix
Level 0

Level 1 Steamknight

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2014, 09:05:30 AM »

The development is broke down into 7 main phases, and then several sub phases. The phases determined by each planet and then end game. We are in part two of phase one, level prototyping and mesh work assembly. Yes, it is an early stage game, but most of the concept work and game mechanics for the first planet have been finalized. After phase one is complete we will be launching a kickstarter with a playable demo of the first planet to help fun the game, primarily paying all the developers.

Do you have a playable build I could try? Doesn't need to have much, just interested to see how it plays Smiley
dog199200
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2014, 09:13:28 AM »

I do not. The project is just moving into the second part of phase one. The current 3D rendering artist (character designer) is suppose to be turning in the main character mesh (needed for scale) today, and then we start prototyping the first planet, which I am hopong won't take more than a week. I fully understand your hesitation.
Detocroix
Level 0

Level 1 Steamknight

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2014, 01:05:41 PM »

I do not. The project is just moving into the second part of phase one. The current 3D rendering artist (character designer) is suppose to be turning in the main character mesh (needed for scale) today, and then we start prototyping the first planet, which I am hopong won't take more than a week. I fully understand your hesitation.

Then I'll have to pass for now. Once you've got some gameplay to show and if you still need me by then, I'll definitely reconsider... but for big projects gameplay is a must to draw me in Smiley
crusty
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2014, 10:47:18 AM »

sent you a pm!

Caravan: devlog | website
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic