Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411469 Posts in 69368 Topics- by 58422 Members - Latest Member: daffodil_dev

April 23, 2024, 06:28:18 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperTechnical (Moderator: ThemsAllTook)Godot Engine Reaches 1.0, Releases First Stable
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Godot Engine Reaches 1.0, Releases First Stable  (Read 2102 times)
reduz
Level 0

View Profile
« on: December 15, 2014, 02:58:41 PM »

After 10 months of hard work, the open source and MIT licensed Godot Engine has reached the first stable release, Godot 1.0!

Several hundred issues were fixed, and dozens of contributions from the community were merged. In the meanwhile and in the absence of any publicity or mention in the developer press, the user community has silently kept growing, only via word of mouth. The forum, IRC and Facebook are full of life!

Likewise, documentation and demos have improved enormously, and there are several video tutorials created by the community available on YouTube. Soon, we will be opening the public wiki for users to contribute documentation. Godot is the most advanced and complete open source game engine in existence.

The 1.0 release is finally a good time to consider Godot as a serious production tool.

http://www.godotengine.org

Please spread the news!
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 03:15:47 PM by ThemsAllTook » Logged
happymonster
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2014, 03:22:16 AM »

Sounds very impressive from the website! Well done on what seems like a massive amount of work. Smiley
Sigma
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2014, 01:26:32 AM »

good work !!! Will try out soon !!!

Richard Kain
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2014, 07:32:25 AM »

I really liked what I saw of Godot the first time I dappled with it. I will re-visit it to see what has been improved in the 1.0 stable release. I'm specifically interested to see if blend shape animations are now supported for the Blender exporter. A personal project of mine focuses on using those types of animations.
oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2014, 07:38:49 AM »

Quite annoying that this was released just a week or two after LD. :p I might try it for my next one!

Paul Jeffries
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2014, 02:14:13 PM »

This looks awesome.  I'm not in the market for a new engine right now but I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this for the next time I am.

www.vitruality.com | SPARTAN - Small Pixel Art Animator and procedural tile generator
Netsu
Level 10

proficient at just chillin'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2014, 04:08:40 AM »

This looks amazing! How does it compare to Unity? Does it have real-time shadowmapping and/or ambient occlusion?

gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2014, 02:57:02 PM »

I have a tab open on this since I know it, good time to revisit t!

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic