Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411275 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 05:08:49 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusinessAre you in the UK, rent your home and are a director of a limited company? Help!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Are you in the UK, rent your home and are a director of a limited company? Help!  (Read 748 times)
Jonathan Burroughs
Level 1

Co-founder Variable State

View Profile WWW
« on: December 17, 2014, 11:34:21 AM »

Am I right in thinking that if you want to register a limited company and you work from rented accommodation then you can't use your home address as your company address? I'm sure I read that somewhere, but a cursory Google hasn't confirmed it to me as yet.

My understanding is that you can use third party services who can provide "virtual" office addresses to use as your company address (for a fee).

I just wondered if anybody in the UK had experience with this sort of thing? Moreover if you do indeed need to use a virtual office address if you're renting, then can anyone recommend a service they already use? If so it'd be the greatest help!

knifeySpoonie
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2014, 11:55:36 AM »

Use a company formation service. you pay like £60 for a business address and they forward your mail to your "address" Smiley

Founder and Creative Director |  KnifeySpoonie Games  |  Tpickarddev.com | @TPickardDev
caiys
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2014, 12:12:22 PM »

I'm pretty sure you can use a home address. In this instance some people use forwarding addresses so their company looks a little more professional (in the same way some small companies register for VAT even though they have no obligation to).
Jonathan Burroughs
Level 1

Co-founder Variable State

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2014, 03:27:03 AM »

Ah, the rental accommodation thing is covered in my tenancy agreement. I'm not allowed to conduct business from my residence. By which it means I can absolutely work from home, but my rented accommodation can't be my registered business address.

Turns out "virtual offices" are a thing though. Despite mentioning it myself in my original post, it took looking for "company formation services", as you recommended knifeySpoonie, for me to find anything which looked reputable. It looks like a virtual office is what I'm after.

Thanks for both your input!

knifeySpoonie
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2014, 03:58:28 AM »

no problem dude we're currently going through the same things Smiley although soon we will have an office and that will be our real business address :D

Founder and Creative Director |  KnifeySpoonie Games  |  Tpickarddev.com | @TPickardDev
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic