Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411486 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58427 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 09:37:34 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsCollaborationsLooking for pixel artist
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Looking for pixel artist  (Read 1370 times)
Laguna
Level 0

Looking for collaborations -- see signature

View Profile WWW
« on: December 18, 2014, 01:12:24 PM »

Hello there,

my name is Simon, I am 25 years old and game development is my free time interest.

Mostly I do programming but I’m also experienced with creating music and sound effects.
I’m participating in OneGameAMonth for over a year now and I am regularly taking part in Ludum Dare and other game jams.
For a complete portfolio, please visit http://runvs.io on which me and a friend of mine present our games.

As you can see I have focused on 2D games. The tools I use vary each project. For programming I am familiar with Unity, HaxeFlixel, SFML, SFML.NET and MonoGame. So I am mostly free to choose the platform and the tools, I want (though I prefer PC/web as a target).

I like the concept of a (very) limited time frame since it forces me to finish projects and avoids feature creep. If possible in any way I would like to stick to such small scale projects.

I am looking for artists who want to
  • collaborate on one ore more small scale projects (the time frame being roughly one month)
  • create/expand their portfolio with some common projects
  • enjoy the spirit of creating games and worlds
  • take part in one of the numerous game jams as a team
  • finish projects

Since I am a student I can not offer any sort of payment except for the final game.

I am looking forward to your replies! Please contact me via email: [email protected].

Best Regards,
Simon

The images in this post are from finished projects. I worked on most of them solo, on some of them in a team.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 05:41:20 AM by Laguna » Logged

Laguna
Level 0

Looking for collaborations -- see signature

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2015, 03:04:14 AM »

Hi there,

I am very happy to announce the first finished game project that emerged from a collaboration found via this thread!  Hand Thumbs Up Right

Zoltan Haller contacetd me and we decided to do a one-week-project called cureator together.

You can check it out on gamejolt. The game is availabe in two web versions (html5 and flash) as well as a windows and mac download.

In cureator you mix ingredients to potions to cure patients, that come to you seeking help. This game was the cooperation of Simon "Laguna_999" Weis and Zoltan Haller.

Next to an intuitive and completely new gameplay mechanic of mixing potions, cureator offers some absolutely great retro graphics, a retro-vibe soundtrack as well as infinite number of levels, three difficulties and numerous monsters and illnesses to cure.

We offer two web versions (html5 and flash) as well as binary downloads for windows, mac and windows.

Cureator has been develpoped within one week in january 2015. HaxeFlixel was used for this, with Flashdevelop as an IDE. Music was created in Cubase 5.5 and soundeffects were done with sfxr.

More collaborations with Zoltan will follow. I am still looking for great artists who want to do a collaboration. Please contact me via email: [email protected].
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 05:41:41 AM by Laguna » Logged

ZeroTec
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2015, 05:55:15 PM »

Wow, that was fast. Congrats on the great collaboration.
I just tried it and gameplay and graphic style are fun.

The only thing that i didn't like was the information about the right cure. It's bothersome to hover over each character with your mouse to check the info. I think it would work better if each character had a clear colorscheme to define the illness Wink

PS: Sorry, just played it again. In most cases it works, but there are a few where you don't get it on first sight or have to combine two of the same color.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 06:14:05 PM by ZeroTec » Logged

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic