Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411418 Posts in 69362 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: timothy feriandy

April 17, 2024, 05:22:57 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsGameDev Secret Santa 2014 (now - Dec 23rd)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: GameDev Secret Santa 2014 (now - Dec 23rd)  (Read 1457 times)
Pixelmancer
Level 0

I make games...and stuff

View Profile WWW
« on: December 19, 2014, 01:59:01 PM »

Hello TIGSource!

I just wanted to let everyone know that GameDev Secret Santa is running now until the 23rd of December (2014), so anyone who wants to participate should pop over here to submit.

What is GameDev Secret Santa?

GameDev Secret Santa is a secret santa among game developers, but instead of giving each other Christmas presents, devs exchange game feedback! The feedback is then delivered straight to your email on Christmas morning. So you, Mr./Ms. Game Developer, can hopefully relive the magic of waking up on Christmas Day, jumping out of bed, and running downstairs to see what digital Santa has left you. Or just check your phone. We're not judging.

How does it work?

1) Sign up here
2) Submit your game
3) Review the three games you are assigned
4) Have your shiny new feedback delivered to you on Christmas Morning!

What are the rules?

You can read the full list of rules on the website, but it essentially breaks down to not submitting anything offensive/broken and using the exchange in good faith!

I want to contribute, but I don't have a game. What can I do?

We are going to be running this next year too, so we welcome you to participate then. If you want to help us grow GameDev Secret Santa in the meantime, we encourage you to promote us (especially on twitter). The more people that join, the more fun everyone has!

I have a question/need to contact you?

You are welcome to tweet me (@enathang) or email me ([email protected])
Merry Christmas and happy holidays!  Coffee

\\\"My dear, here we must run as fast as we can, just to stay in place. And if you wish to go anywhere you must run twice as fast as that.\\\"
Wilson Saunders
Level 5

Nobody suspects the hamster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2014, 04:13:52 PM »

This looks like fun. Game reviews are like the candy of game development, I can't get enough of them. Thank you for setting this up.

Play my games at http://monkeydev.com/
Pixelmancer
Level 0

I make games...and stuff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2014, 11:32:55 AM »

Friendly reminder!

If you want to participate in this year's GameDev Secret Santa, you must submit in the next 24 hours! So if you want feedback on your game for Christmas (and let's be honest, that's what every gamedev wants for Christmas) then make sure to submit to the site (linked above)!

Happy holidays!  Coffee

\\\"My dear, here we must run as fast as we can, just to stay in place. And if you wish to go anywhere you must run twice as fast as that.\\\"
alvarop
Level 9

ignorant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2014, 12:05:46 PM »

Just saw this. Aw yeah I'm in.
I hope more people would participate though!

i make games that can only ever be played once on http://throwaway.fun
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic