Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 04:15:43 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsPortfoliosOrchestral Composer & Sound Designer Looking to Work With Game Developer
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Orchestral Composer & Sound Designer Looking to Work With Game Developer  (Read 439 times)
JFC1983
TIGBaby

View Profile
« on: December 21, 2014, 03:01:21 PM »

My name is Joe Ferris and I am a composer and sound designer. I have made music for roughly 17 years, starting with a guitar at the age of 12, and finally moving to orchestral and MIDI composition.
I have worked on indie films and done some orchestral work for a few bands, and now I want to do some audio for games, as I have always been fascinated as to how audio is utilized in the gaming world.

Here is a link to my composition reel: https://soundcloud.com/joeferriscomposer

My compositional software includes many professional film scoring and sound libraries of a wide array of vendors and niches. From bombastic orchestra's and quartets to rare middle eastern and ethnic instruments, I own over 2 TB of sounds to fulfill any dream or desire.

A sample of my sound design efforts:

I have only fiddled with Sound design. This sound design example is a scene from Breaking Bad.
I re-scored it, but also recorded sound fx for footsteps, gun cocks, bullet shells falling on the ground, and a fire axe being dragged.

My favorite bit in this example is the sound of the trunk opening, which was made using two different lower pitched squeaks from a large safe, and one higher pitched squeak from an arm lamp, all of which i recorded with a variety of microphones.

If you work with me, I will do everything I can to help you achieve your vision through audio. I am happy to rework a piece of music until all involved parties are one-hundred percent happy.

Please email me at [email protected] and send details about your game and I will respond as soon as possible.

Thanks for your time!

Joe Ferris
« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 03:06:51 PM by JFC1983 » Logged
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic