Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 12:05:47 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)CreativeHow to Promote Mobile game without money?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: How to Promote Mobile game without money?  (Read 1304 times)
sharonyu
Level 0

View Profile
« on: December 22, 2014, 03:04:57 AM »

I am Shelly, I am a game developer. I have a game which is called Last Guardians, now I have met many problems. I don't know how to do the promotion, could you give me some advices? Or somebody who is familiar with games, please help me! You could tell me the forum and market or other promotion ways! I will be very appreciated about what you tell me!
You can add me via Skype(shellyyu5) or facebook(Shelly Yu), and leave a message me here, thanks!We also accept part-time workers who are familiar with games and know how to promote games!
The Translocator
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2014, 05:36:05 PM »

I tried a minor thing.

It won't work since I have no sense of humor, but if something gets popular on Reddit it usually gets pretty popular...  Who, Me?

sharonyu
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2014, 10:34:59 PM »

I tried a minor thing.

It won't work since I have no sense of humor, but if something gets popular on Reddit it usually gets pretty popular...  Who, Me?
Huh? What's your meaning?
Muz
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2014, 04:10:40 PM »

There's two difficult parts in creating mobile games: Development and Marketing/Sales.

Sales & support is also underestimated in games. Things like complaints should feed back into development and impact the features.

Both are nearly equal time consuming. You have to go down and do the hard work - talk to journalists, tell friends about the game, get friends to do it. Mention it on sites like this. Be persistent. There's few shortcuts. It's a competition. If there is a shortcut, people exploit it. You actually have to keep doing the marketing for a few months or even years.

One of the best things you can do is write a blog. It could be a Facebook page, a blog, or a proper site. Explain what inspires the game, why you do some things, unique features. People don't buy what you're selling, they buy why you do it.

The best method for growth is still word of mouth. Give incentives for people to promote your game. Things like referral bonuses. Very often the best way to improve word of mouth is to focus on development and improve it to a point people get excited and tell everyone.
sharonyu
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2014, 09:43:15 PM »

There's two difficult parts in creating mobile games: Development and Marketing/Sales.

Sales & support is also underestimated in games. Things like complaints should feed back into development and impact the features.

Both are nearly equal time consuming. You have to go down and do the hard work - talk to journalists, tell friends about the game, get friends to do it. Mention it on sites like this. Be persistent. There's few shortcuts. It's a competition. If there is a shortcut, people exploit it. You actually have to keep doing the marketing for a few months or even years.

One of the best things you can do is write a blog. It could be a Facebook page, a blog, or a proper site. Explain what inspires the game, why you do some things, unique features. People don't buy what you're selling, they buy why you do it.

The best method for growth is still word of mouth. Give incentives for people to promote your game. Things like referral bonuses. Very often the best way to improve word of mouth is to focus on development and improve it to a point people get excited and tell everyone.
Thanks, could you add my skype?
julmust
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2014, 10:53:27 AM »

IndieGameGirl should be your absolute friend Smiley

http://www.indiegamegirl.com/no-budget-marketing/

And pt 2:

http://www.indiegamegirl.com/data-driven-marketing/
sharonyu
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2014, 11:10:14 PM »

Thanks for your sharing!
armedpatriots
Level 0

Game Designer/ Programmer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2014, 09:04:35 AM »

Also wanted to pass on a thanks!

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
-Thomas Edison
Uncle Scotty
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2014, 05:35:09 PM »

Definitely check out this article about game promotion:
http://fireside.gamejolt.com/post/increasing-your-games-presence-in-the-online-community-vrkmrdvq

I have not had a lot of success with game marketing, so take my advice with a grain of salt, but here are a few things I've learned and am trying to apply to the marketing of my latest project:
-try to get good reviews from people you trust, like friends, family, and other developers
-use the #GameDev hashtag on Twitter to reach a wide number of followers
-if you can get a YouTube celebrity to play your game, which isn't easy and I've never succeeded, you can totally become a big deal really quickly
-I haven't used this yet myself, but consider trying to integrate a cross-promotion ad service like http://www.moregamers.com/ into your project

Speaking of marketing, my latest Android game is called Uncle Scotty's Arcade At The End Of The Universe (AATEOTU). Please check it out on Google Play if you have an Android device and a few spare minutes, and leave a review if you enjoy it! Thanks Smiley

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.AnachronicDesigns.AATEOTU

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic