Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411421 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: timothy feriandy

April 18, 2024, 05:48:04 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralShould I start losing weight at this point?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Print
Author Topic: Should I start losing weight at this point?  (Read 6687 times)
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2014, 10:08:07 PM »

My sister lost weight by essentially doing one thing: balancing her diet
In fact she had just return to her "normal", she wasn't very fat either and was fine as she was, but she got a discipline and it transformed her, she did it to just be healthy, there is no secret sauce.

Wolf_FGR
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2014, 07:04:00 AM »

Thank you guys.

I'm (too) thin I still fear diabetes not sure if weight is that important against that

Oh, it (most?) surely is! And also, it's confirmed that obesity even increases the chances of having various kinds of cancers. I don't know why people (incl. me) aren't shitting their pants on obesity. It's basically more scary than that alien from Conta 3 which kept me awake an entire week when I was young. I almost can see the poor young me shitting my pants in deep panic while holding the most harmful toy gun I had in order to defend me against that ugly alien had Smiley. (ref: http://imgur.com/gallery/S1imOFP).

I'd feel more comfortable just to do the normal approach and encourage immediate weight loss. But I can't.

It's more important to be aware. Commercials want to sell things, that's the first problem. Ads on TV while I was still watching said this "milk can help you lose weight" but it can also make you gain weight. It would be more effective at increasing your weight, because of complete protein.

Not a well known fact is intense weight loss is unhealthy.

A relative of mine lost eyesight recently because of doctor prescribed medication for weight control, some diabetes trouble, and lack of information. Can't ever work at a job reading papers again.

Gall stones can build up, you'd end up in a hospital.

We like hearing we should eat meat and drink sugar, milk product often has sugar added. Be aware of diuretics, like caffeine, which make soda effective at causing you to drink more. There's a claim that new versions of soda has more salt and more caffeine.

Eat vegetables. Those should be green, leafy, and not seed pods (legumes). Other vegetables are less abundant in nature.

I'll quit bugging. But, I like to think I did something good. I'm not selling anything Tongue

edit: Ok I wasn't done. This is more of an opinion. I personally like natural, healthy looking bodies. (I think) your stomach should hang out, just slightly.
When you're finally adjusted to a healthy lifestyle, healthy foods taste better.
Also, if your body is at its nominal weight you'll feel good. really good.
If you starve yourself or eat wrong (another kind of starving), you'll be angry and impulsive.

I'm not taking any medication! Don't worry! And I think it's kinda obvious that 'intense' weight loss is not healthy... Luckily, I don't like coffee and beer and don't care much about soft drinks also, and if I cut the Fanta, the only things I'll be drinking are natural fruit juices and water. I can't see one going more healthy than that (in terms of liquids) before going mad from long exposure to bad tasting liquids Tongue.

I eat vegetables, although I really don't like them... I've been told too many war (and post-war) stories to care about the taste of my food Wizard. I feel like I should be grateful I even have a piece of moss hanging from my roof that could be used as food in extreme situations Big Laff.

Outta curiosity, why not seed pods?

And surely you did something good Grin Thank you very much kind Sir.
Pfotegeist
« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2014, 08:40:19 AM »

quote: "Outta curiosity, why not seed pods?"

You might see a green bean, it's green. But it's a seed. Tofu comes from a similar source, soy bean.

Those are all considered legumes. Combined with grains they complete a protein chain necessary within cells. They won't have the same nutrients the leaves store.
Wolf_FGR
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2014, 09:44:24 AM »

quote: "Outta curiosity, why not seed pods?"

You might see a green bean, it's green. But it's a seed. Tofu comes from a similar source, soy bean.

Those are all considered legumes. Combined with grains they complete a protein chain necessary within cells. They won't have the same nutrients the leaves store.
Oh yeah, I see. I misunderstood you... I thought you were saying I shouldn't be eating seed pods. (Eat vegetables and not seed pods).
JWK5
« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2014, 11:58:38 AM »

If you are struggling with pushups or any other limb-targeting exercises skip them for the moment, in terms of losing weight they are not all that important and you can address them later if you want strength training. Focus on exercises that get your heart rate up and put your lungs to work, those are the exercises that are going to burn off calories. Don't feel you need an exercise routine that works for everyone, create one that works for you (that makes you feel like you've just run a marathon).

Before you do exercise, eat some fruit or maybe a granola bar or something and take a warm shower (relax those muscles and get that heart rate up). It might seem counter-productive but you gotta fuel up that engine. Trying to push yourself with no nutritional support is just going to make you miserable and make things harder than it needs to be. If for the first few times you exercise you need an energy drink or something to get the ball rolling, go with it. Sure, it's not exactly healthy but sometimes you've got to do whatever it takes to get you in the game and keep you in the game. Once you have the ball rolling you can switch it out for something healthy. Stay hydrated! Drink lots of water (a small glass an hour works good for me).

The important thing here is to get the ball rolling, establish a working routine (i.e. that works for you personally). Pay attention to what your body is saying to you and adjust accordingly. When things get easy, step it up. If it feels too hard, tone it down a bit until they are still challenging but manageable. The end goal is not to meet some quota, the end goal is to establish healthy habits and feel better. Keep that in mind, and good luck!
Wolf_FGR
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2014, 01:50:51 PM »

Thank you JWK5!

...adjust accordingly. When things get easy, step it up. If it feels too hard, tone it down a bit until they are still challenging but manageable.
Sounds like the instructions for balancing a game Tongue
JWK5
« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2014, 03:35:13 PM »

Look at it like a game and it will feel less like torture.
rj
Level 10

bad, yells

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: December 26, 2014, 04:15:55 PM »

games are torture

EdFarage
Level 2

I can upload avatars

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 26, 2014, 08:12:36 PM »

games are torture
no thats developing games rj

@topic
im starting to work out again, after something like 2 years, just take a big breath everyday you wake up, exercise and slap yourself in the face everytime you think of something yummy
Lets do this OP, slim time  No No NO
adrix89
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2014, 01:16:11 AM »

Here is the lazy slob guide to losing weight:

STEP 1: Don't buy juice. Any juice, period, no Cola, no Sprite, no Organically Natural Granny Little Farm Juice, no juice you squeezed yourself from fruits, no nothing. PERIOD.
You want fruits? you eat them whole.

STEP 2: Skip meals. Intermittent fasting is a thing and you can plan you calories on a weekly basis rather then a daily basis. Have you eaten to much? then you can skip a meal and have a normal meal after.

STEP 3: Take vitamins. If you can't take your daily nutrients from shitty veggies get it from pills. It's better then nothing.

STEP 4: Morning aerobic exercise. You are a recluse, it would be good to do some running or go to the gym. But lets be sincere here, you are a too lazy slob to go anywhere. So don't go anywhere, do it there in your bedroom or whatever, genuflect motherfucker,squats,pushups,jumping jacks, pirouette like you are competing with the grave spinners.

STEP 5: Maybe don't have a shitty diet, but that's not going to happen so skip this step.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2014, 01:26:46 AM by adrix89 » Logged
Netsu
Level 10

proficient at just chillin'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2014, 04:35:27 AM »

STEP 1: Don't buy juice. Any juice, period, no Cola, no Sprite, no Organically Natural Granny Little Farm Juice, no juice you squeezed yourself from fruits, no nothing. PERIOD.

Exactly. Drink water, or coffee and tea but without sugar.

Also it doesn't matter if your candy is bio, fit, organic, light or made of unicorn farts. It's still candy. Don't eat candy.
Eat fruits if you absolutely must eat something sweet but don't overdo it, fruits are very sugary too.

PS: I had a huge problem with drinking non-sweet drinks when I was younger, I was only drinking sodas, juices and tea with sugar. It was really difficult for me to start drinking water like a normal person, no matter how much I drank I still felt like I needed to drink something sweet. In the end what helped me a lot in the transition was buying flavoured water sweetened with sugar substitutes. It had as little as 0.5 gram of carbohydrates for each 100ml (that's 20 times less than most sweet drinks) but it felt better than just water.
Now I have no problem with drinking only water and I can't imagine drinking sweet tea again.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2014, 04:40:36 AM by Netsu » Logged

s-spooky g-g-ghosts
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2014, 05:03:34 AM »

Also it doesn't matter if your candy is bio, fit, organic, light or made of unicorn farts. It's still candy. Don't eat candy.
Lol

I'd like to order two hamburgers with fries and extra sauce and a bucket of chicken wings and one xxl DIET COKE

Wolf_FGR
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2014, 06:56:36 AM »

Thank you guys.
Here is the lazy slob guide to losing weight:

STEP 2: Skip meals. Intermittent fasting is a thing and you can plan you calories on a weekly basis rather then a daily basis. Have you eaten to much? then you can skip a meal and have a normal meal after.

STEP 3: Take vitamins. If you can't take your daily nutrients from shitty veggies get it from pills. It's better then nothing.

STEP 4: Morning aerobic exercise. You are a recluse, it would be good to do some running or go to the gym. But lets be sincere here, you are a too lazy slob to go anywhere. So don't go anywhere, do it there in your bedroom or whatever, genuflect motherfucker,squats,pushups,jumping jacks, pirouette like you are competing with the grave spinners.

STEP 5: Maybe don't have a shitty diet, but that's not going to happen so skip this step.

Exactly. Drink water, or coffee and tea but without sugar.

Eat fruits if you absolutely must eat something sweet but don't overdo it, fruits are very sugary too.

PS: I had a huge problem with drinking non-sweet drinks when I was younger, I was only drinking sodas, juices and tea with sugar. It was really difficult for me to start drinking water like a normal person, no matter how much I drank I still felt like I needed to drink something sweet. In the end what helped me a lot in the transition was buying flavoured water sweetened with sugar substitutes. It had as little as 0.5 gram of carbohydrates for each 100ml (that's 20 times less than most sweet drinks) but it felt better than just water.
Now I have no problem with drinking only water and I can't imagine drinking sweet tea again.
Yes, I'm going to drink water and as few juice as possible with meals (cause drinking water with meals is not gonna happen Gomez). As I said previously, replacing Fanta with water alone means less 600kcal daily.

I'm gonna cut the candies/sugary stuff completely... any ideas if I should care about low sugar intake or the other stuff (fruits, dairy, etc) already provides all the sugar you need?

Thank you guys, you're awesome.
Pfotegeist
« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2014, 07:00:21 AM »

Fruit has sugar and fiber. If you eat a whole fruit it has a zero sum effect. There's no recorded link between gain or loss for whole fruits.

Any modified fruit will probably count for more sugar and calories.
Netsu
Level 10

proficient at just chillin'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2014, 09:03:59 AM »

Fruit has sugar and fiber. If you eat a whole fruit it has a zero sum effect. There's no recorded link between gain or loss for whole fruits.

Any modified fruit will probably count for more sugar and calories.

This doesn't make any sense. Nothing cancels out the calories you eat.

I'm gonna cut the candies/sugary stuff completely... any ideas if I should care about low sugar intake or the other stuff (fruits, dairy, etc) already provides all the sugar you need?

No worries, cutting carbs to the absolute minimum required by some strict weight loss diets (like the catabolic diet or whatever was it called) is extremely difficult. Bread alone has a ton of carbs already, actually many people cut it out too when trying to lose weight. Same goes for potatoes in all forms, pastas, rice...

Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: December 27, 2014, 09:11:06 AM »

fiber does "cancel out" some calories, because it requires energy to process but doesn't contribute any. The same could be said of a cold glass of water.
Anyway I have a hard time imagining anyone got fat from too much fruit in their diet.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2014, 11:41:55 AM by Schoq » Logged

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
JWK5
« Reply #36 on: December 27, 2014, 11:24:42 AM »

Some tea with honey as a sweetener is a good alternative to sugared up drinks. Honey has a lot of healthy qualities to it despite its sweet taste.
EdFarage
Level 2

I can upload avatars

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 27, 2014, 11:58:34 AM »

brown sugar is also a good substitute... i say don't cut off on the sugar completely, you should be okay when having just a little bit once in a while, helps you stay sane.
Slader16
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 27, 2014, 07:25:42 PM »

Switch out the soda for water, that's what I did and I feel a lot better now.

adrix89
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 28, 2014, 02:30:06 AM »

Some tea with honey as a sweetener is a good alternative to sugared up drinks. Honey has a lot of healthy qualities to it despite its sweet taste.
brown sugar is also a good substitute... i say don't cut off on the sugar completely, you should be okay when having just a little bit once in a while, helps you stay sane.

We are not saying you shouldn't eat sweets, come on, everyone eats candy,chocolate,cake and junk snacks.
We are saying any type of liquid sugar is death, its the modern poison, like mercury or charcoal was in the past.
Its like pouring molten sugar with every sip.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic