Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411491 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 03:40:03 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralShould I start losing weight at this point?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Print
Author Topic: Should I start losing weight at this point?  (Read 6700 times)
Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: December 28, 2014, 07:35:19 AM »

basically soda is a worse addiction than cigarettes (probably on par with alcoholism)

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 28, 2014, 07:42:33 AM »

it still blows my mind that there are ppl who drink soda as, like, their standard beverage when they're thirsty
Wolf_FGR
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 28, 2014, 12:06:59 PM »

Thank you guys.

it still blows my mind that there are ppl who drink soda as, like, their standard beverage when they're thirsty
Sorry, I don't get it. I know that tea is the most popular drink out there but I don't feel like drinking it to quench my thirst... in fact I don't feel like drinking tea at all Tongue. What is your "standard" beverage?
JWK5
« Reply #43 on: December 28, 2014, 12:19:16 PM »

In my mid to late teens I developed a severe addiction to soda and coffee and I was drinking two to three two-liters of Dr. Pepper a day. When I'd go a day without I'd have brutal caffeine with withdrawals and a complete system crash, it'd actually put me in physical pain. After a few years of that it took its toll on my teeth and health. I was finally able to give it up (at least the super-sugared end of it) but even now I go through waves of caffeine addiction. Soda is made to be addictive, it is not a surprise that for many people it is.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 28, 2014, 12:33:58 PM »

Thank you guys.

Sorry, I don't get it. I know that tea is the most popular drink out there but I don't feel like drinking it to quench my thirst... in fact I don't feel like drinking tea at all Tongue. What is your "standard" beverage?

water?
Wolf_FGR
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 28, 2014, 12:38:59 PM »

Thank you guys.

water?
Oh... well... I don't even consider water a beverage, cause water is just... water Cheesy.
s-spooky g-g-ghosts
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 28, 2014, 03:00:48 PM »

Learn to drink tea. Great minds used to drink tea. For example Fyodor Dostoyevsky would stay up late and write his stuff and drink tea.

Seriously, how is it even possible to not like tea?

Gtoknu
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 28, 2014, 04:13:13 PM »

Learn to drink tea. Great minds used to drink tea. For example Fyodor Dostoyevsky would stay up late and write his stuff and drink tea.

Considering tea is pratically 0cal (if you do not add sugar), It is the perfect beverage to switch to in case you're trying to stop drinking soda but can't stand drinking only water all day.

I also like the powdered juices. I know it's a kidnay damager, but still better than soda  Shrug

wut
Wolf_FGR
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 28, 2014, 06:11:09 PM »

Tea is basically the beverage counterpart of veggies imho. Unless you put lotsa sugar in it, it tastes so bad (imho) that I'd rather just drink hot water instead Shrug... Perhaps I should try other flavors, but that earl gray one, which is the most popular one afaik, makes me puke No No NO.

water?

Lemme guess... you're from Europe Grin.
Gtoknu
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 28, 2014, 06:38:22 PM »

... Perhaps I should try other flavors, but that earl gray one, which is the most popular one afaik, makes me puke No No NO.

Try Yerba Mate, from South America, or dark tea. Camomile and lemon balm (bee balm) are also quite nice.

Putting sugar to it shouldn't be a problem imho. That's probably still much less sugar and calories than what you're going to find in a cup of Fanta.

wut
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 28, 2014, 06:59:08 PM »

yes  Embarrassed

i live in a city where the tap water is better than 99% of the bottled water you can buy. i realize im privileged.
Slader16
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 28, 2014, 08:07:53 PM »

I really love sweet tea, It's my go to drink when I'm thirsty.

MrBones
« Reply #52 on: December 28, 2014, 08:22:24 PM »

basically soda is a worse addiction than cigarettes (probably on par with alcoholism)

I'm pretty close to being, if not already, addicted to soda unfortunately. I generally have at least one a day. It doesn't really bother me and oddly hasn't affected my health at all, but I know it can't be healthy.

EDIT: Forgot to mention this, but I'm pretty sure the addiction is to caffeine and not soda itself. If I ever feel like drinking soda, I can quench the urge by drinking coffee or tea. I drink just as much coffee and tea as I do soda.
Netsu
Level 10

proficient at just chillin'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: December 28, 2014, 11:25:09 PM »

One more thing I forgot to add about my sweet drink dependence is that sodas (especially of the cola kind) heavily upset my stomach, but I didn't realize this until I stopped drinking it every day. Now if I drink a liter or more of pepsi in one evening (for a social gathering or whatnot) I end up spending more time in the bathroom than I'd like.
I did have lots of diarrheas back when I was drinking it a lot, but never thought this could be related.

Also for tea try flavoured green teas if you didn't like regular black tea unsweetened. Green tea with lemon or ginger or mint, I love this shit. It's way better without sugar because you can finally taste the tea itself instead of the sugar.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 11:34:28 PM by Netsu » Logged

s-spooky g-g-ghosts
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 29, 2014, 12:49:10 AM »

Really, if I didn't go to TIG forums I'd never know such people like you guys even exist. I don't know a single person in real life addicted to soda drinks. Is this some kind of a typical thing for game devs? Or is it an American trait? Why isn't anyone addicted to attending to wrestling events or something? WTF IS GOING ON

(Yeah, I'm from EU and this shit is crazy)

rj
Level 10

bad, yells

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: December 29, 2014, 01:08:53 AM »

recently i drink a lot of sodality and i'm underweight right now, but i'm not really healthy so whatever

tbh if you son't consider water a beverage your problem goes way deeper than i think most of us have any serious ability to assist with. try drinking Just Water, No Soda At All Or Anything Else for the next fucking week. see how much better you feel. then don't stop doing that until you hit your target weight. drink carbonated water if you have to. just don't drink anything with sugar at all

Netsu
Level 10

proficient at just chillin'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: December 29, 2014, 01:44:07 AM »

Yeah this is just how I was brought up, and I'm from east europe. My mother doesn't drink plain water or non-sweet tea and I didn't either when I was growing up, had to force myself to do it until it started feeling normal.

rj
Level 10

bad, yells

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: December 29, 2014, 01:58:20 AM »

also don't fucking drink or eat artificially sweetened beverages and candies and etc. anything with sucralose, splenda, or aspartame is right the fuck out

MeshGearFox
Level 9

When you have no one, no one can hurt you.

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 29, 2014, 11:13:46 AM »

DON'T EAT BLACK PEOPLE.

Wolf_FGR
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 29, 2014, 11:23:11 AM »

Thank you guys!

Try Yerba Mate, from South America, or dark tea. Camomile and lemon balm (bee balm) are also quite nice.

Putting sugar to it shouldn't be a problem imho. That's probably still much less sugar and calories than what you're going to find in a cup of Fanta.
Google -> Yerba Mate -> Wikipedia -> Cancer -> Pants Shitted Who, Me?.
Thanks for the suggestions though. I'm gonna try camomile.

yes  Embarrassed

i live in a city where the tap water is better than 99% of the bottled water you can buy. i realize im privileged.
Afaik tap water has chlorine even in the countries where people aren't expendable. Grin

recently i drink a lot of sodality and i'm underweight right now, but i'm not really healthy so whatever

tbh if you son't consider water a beverage your problem goes way deeper than i think most of us have any serious ability to assist with. try drinking Just Water, No Soda At All Or Anything Else for the next fucking week. see how much better you feel. then don't stop doing that until you hit your target weight. drink carbonated water if you have to. just don't drink anything with sugar at all
I was just saying that I never heard anyone referring to water as a 'beverage'...

DON'T EAT BLACK PEOPLE.
WTF?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic