Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 07:06:26 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesOverrated games
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 32
Print
Author Topic: Overrated games  (Read 39541 times)
vinheim3
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #340 on: March 26, 2015, 05:15:10 AM »

Yeah I liked PH more than ST, the temple wasn't annoying at all, and the overall theme of being a speedrun temple just made it more appealing. The level design of the floors was top notch to the point that I loved re-exploring it over and over again, whereas the same concept in, say SS, would get monotonous easily because purely linear exploration with no interesting locales/enemies to make up for it, save for the desert
oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #341 on: March 26, 2015, 05:18:09 AM »

But it has suuuuuch a great soundtrack. Listening to it right now.

AND TRAINS.

TRAINS.

ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #342 on: March 26, 2015, 05:30:23 AM »

AND TRAINS.

TRAINS.

The main song of that game made me so hyped. I can't even describe it.

oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #343 on: March 26, 2015, 05:34:02 AM »

AND TRAINS.

TRAINS.

The main song of that game made me so hyped. I can't even describe it.
It's sad and happy at the same time. It's like nostalgia: the song even tho I had never heard it until last summer (of course that summer meant a lot anyway so that made it truly meaningful, but still – it's so amazingly emotional).

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #344 on: March 26, 2015, 06:29:02 AM »

i hated both the DS zeldas
DrFrankenstein
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #345 on: April 11, 2015, 05:10:54 AM »

call of duty & battlefield

_glitch
« Reply #346 on: January 07, 2017, 04:51:37 AM »

Let's revive this thread and shout: Skyrim
Manuel Magalhães
Forum Dungeon Master
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #347 on: January 07, 2017, 04:56:27 AM »

Little Big Planet.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #348 on: January 07, 2017, 06:32:57 AM »

Half Life 2
Super Mario Galaxy
Most Zelda games
Minecraft
Terraria
Ico and Shadow of the Colossus
No More Heroes
Psychonauts
Pokemon
Dark Souls
Every main series Final Fantasy game starting with 4
Every Bethesda game except Morrowind
Mother series
Civilization
Witcher series
Super Meat Boy
Braid
FTL
Portal
Team Fortress 2
Batman Arkham Asylum
Doom 2016
Little Big Planet
Ron Paul
Ikaruga
Jet Set Radio
Mount & Blade: Warband
Resident Evil 1-3
Okami
Metroid Fusion
Baldur's Gate series
Fire Emblem series
Rick Santorum
Unreal Tournament
Most of the Castlevania series
Megaman series
Super Mario RPG
Paper Mario
Golden Sun
Barack Obama
Total War series
Bioshock series
Al Gore
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic
Mass Effect
Hillary Clinton
Gunstar Heroes
Strider
Chess
Frogger
Sonic the Hedpgeorge
Video Games in General
_glitch
« Reply #349 on: January 07, 2017, 06:59:19 AM »

Cave Story
b∀ kkusa
Global Moderator
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #350 on: January 07, 2017, 07:09:23 AM »

Undertale is overrated
Lisa the painful is underrated
Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #351 on: January 07, 2017, 07:56:24 AM »

Every single Nintendo 64 game except superman 64 (the textures are blurry, muddy  and ugly. Everything is either running at 5 fps or it's full of jarring blobby 2D sprites that clash with the environment)  Hand Thumbs Down Left

Every single fighting game (wow a competition in who can memorize and input cheatcodes in real time the fastest, what a great time!) Tekken is arbitrarily exempt! Bushido Blade doesn't count!

Half-Life (it's fun but it was secretly the first popular bad FPS and paved the way for 800,000 clones wich shifted focus where you also had to listen to hours of NPCs telling you about the justification a bad writer came up with for someone to shoot hundreds of monsters with sci-fi guns, essentially ruining the genre)

Unreal (by me) (it's a good gam and mindblowing at the time and the weapons are really creative and mostly hold up, the story and tone is perfect for the genre and it still has the best music in an FPS by far, but let's be honest: the real reason it resonates so well with me is because I was stuck with it as the only newish game to play for several years because I didn't have money or internet. Even though the AI was great the combat actually generally compares poorly to its contemporaries exactly because the developers realized nobody would notice the AI unless they made every enemy about 7x as strong as you'd expect from looks and genre experience, which made those cool and creative weapons feel unimpactful and unsatisfying)

Zelda 3 (same reason as Half-Life. Good game but shifted focus from free exploration, problem solving and genuine sense of adventure, to following directions from NPCs)

Neoliberalism (The loan-based economy with eternal concentration of wealth to a rent-seeking elite is obviously not socially or economically sustainable. Senseless market deregulation and privatization has served only corporate interests and led to ever worse compensation and conditions for workers, along with irresponsible exploitation of resources. SAPs are nothing but thinly veiled neo-colonialism and have had devastating effects on countries and people of the global south) Hand Thumbs Down Right Hand Thumbs Down Right
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 08:37:42 AM by Schoq » Logged

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
_glitch
« Reply #352 on: January 07, 2017, 08:00:55 AM »

All Metroidvania-like games
JWK5
Level 9

A fool with a tool is an artist.

View Profile
« Reply #353 on: January 07, 2017, 08:12:52 AM »

Every game that is not my favorite or that I dislike is overrated solely based on the fact I said so. Don't bother arguing against my hastily made opinions because somewhere out there on the internet someone probably agrees with me and maybe, just maybe, a random blog made by an overzealous basement troll reaffirms my sentiments therefore I am absolutely correct. I refuse to believe otherwise. Also, everything you enjoy is overrated because I enjoy making inflammatory statements for no good reason. Now enjoy your overrated garbage while I play some Street Fighter 5. *Takes a sip of his juice box*

My Art Tutorials:
 Here

"Today is victory over yourself of yesterday, tomorrow is victory over lesser men." - Miyamoto Musashi
Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #354 on: January 07, 2017, 08:28:57 AM »

Juice boxes (They're complete shit. Enjoy your overpriced tiny portion of 20% sugar fake chemical tasting orange "juice".)

JWK5
Level 9

A fool with a tool is an artist.

View Profile
« Reply #355 on: January 07, 2017, 08:37:12 AM »

Juice boxes (They're complete shit. Enjoy your overpriced tiny portion of 20% sugar fake chemical tasting orange "juice".)
I will. *Sips as he plays No Man's Sky.*

My Art Tutorials:
 Here

"Today is victory over yourself of yesterday, tomorrow is victory over lesser men." - Miyamoto Musashi
Manuel Magalhães
Forum Dungeon Master
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #356 on: January 07, 2017, 08:39:51 AM »

Neoliberalism (The loan-based economy with eternal concentration of wealth to the rent-seeking elite is obviously not socially or economically sustainable. Senseless market deregulation and privatization has served only corporate interests and led to ever worse compensation and conditions for workers, along with irresponsible exploitation of resources. SAPs are nothing but thinly veiled neo-colonialism and have had devastating effects on countries and people of the global south) Hand Thumbs Down Right Hand Thumbs Down Right
Agreed, on top of that the austerity measures, which the game presents as the solution to "develop the economy", makes massive cuts in public services and their workers, increases prices on essential goods, and the "flexible conditions for companies" are just code to take away power from workers to give them to employers.
To my disbelief, this game is on the GOTY list of many countries every year. It's also the favorite in the European Union, which even makes countries that don't like it to play for years, and threatens those who don't like the game enough.

Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #357 on: January 07, 2017, 08:51:01 AM »

And every patch just seems to make it even more imbalanced. It's like the developers are doing it on purpose!

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #358 on: January 07, 2017, 08:58:37 AM »

schoq's forum posts are the most overrated
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014