Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411426 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 10:07:20 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperDesignPlease, tell a lie
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Please, tell a lie  (Read 2054 times)
Pfotegeist
« on: December 26, 2014, 08:03:50 PM »

It's the meta game of social interaction. People like meta games right? Of course, because they play this one too much.

If you can't trust someone will lie, then you can't trust them at all.

Could this be the worst forum game ever for trust building?

The correct way to play is:
0. ooc comments, if you can manage to stop playing for a second  Who, Me?

1. evaluate the previous post as true or false to start your turn.

2. You're supposed to tell a lie now. About yourself, someone else, something related to what the person said before, as an elaborate story, or secretly in collaboration to make the lie more convincing, or as an anecdote, etc. Have fun with it.

3. Assert your own statement. Also have fun with this.

Telling the truth is not allowed, so please, tell a lie.

I'll get this started.
-------------------

I'm smaller than a breadbox, playful, harmless, and fluffy as a bunny with purple sheen on my fur.

I wouldn't lie Panda
« Last Edit: December 27, 2014, 07:54:49 AM by Pfotegeist » Logged
Pfotegeist
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2014, 06:55:09 AM »

Clearly, based on my profile picture, I was telling the truth. The sun got in my eyes, I need a redo.

There's a very low chance we're going to destroy the earth by causing a long term natural disaster. I'm incredibly optimistic about everyone's well being this day and age. I can't go outside for a jog in this self-labelled heart healthy community without running into hundreds of other people doing the same thing. Cars aren't annoying at all, and there's plenty of more space for horizontal, unstacked parking lots in metropolitan areas.

I always remind myself about these comforting facts before I doze right asleep with my significant other who doesn't ever question my sexuality.

We're doing O.K. Follow the course, we can live another trillion years like this, nothing bad ever happens.
Pfotegeist
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2014, 12:36:40 PM »

so true, so true.

I went for a walk late last evening. It was warm out yesterday despite it being December. Oddly warm. In fact I remember last year it was a very spring-like winter.

Next to my house there's a forest with a creek running through it. I remember there were some bunnies who live there.

I know enough not to feed wild animals. They need to fend for themselves. It's fun to take a look at them. But they don't stand still long enough for me to sketch anything.

They must have been hiding this time. So I looked at bunny pictures online instead.

Connecting with nature whenever.
rj
Level 10

bad, yells

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2014, 02:13:08 AM »

this thead isn't depressing

Pfotegeist
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2014, 07:50:28 AM »

To be able to play isn't depressing at all.

It's great.

I don't have to be jealous. Hearing about strangers. Or observing kids who practically ran the neighborhood wherever they went. They have real substance which I lacked and so I wanted to be more like them. Definitely.

I kept telling myself. Maybe tomorrow, I'll find someone who looked great to get to know, and tell them a lie. But it's not that easy.

It takes practice to even get started. I don't think that writing a lie in a diary is good enough.

Come on, try it.
Uykered
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2014, 04:48:47 PM »

Most people probably expect design discussion here, not a forum game.
Pfotegeist
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2014, 07:07:53 PM »

Most people probably expect design discussion here, not a forum game.
Without a story and emotional content there's no connection to the audience. The timing, delivery, and believability of a lie are almost exactly what is necessary for a happy fantasy game, or to correctly identify inappropriate revelations as plot twists.

You proved someone could discuss it.
ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2015, 08:24:51 AM »

My family and I have a great relationship where we regularly agree to share things that we enjoy with each other, such as movies or games. We are always thankful for the opportunity we give each other to enjoy something different and exciting, and we argue very little about petty things like doing the dishes and cleaning up the house.

Am I doin' it right?

Canned Turkey
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2015, 09:39:09 AM »

I'm an overweight neet who spends all his time in the basement working on games that aren't even good. My only friends are on the internet and I should go outside and get a girlfriend. Weirdly enough social interaction is easy for me so it's a wonder I don't seek it out, it might just be because I have the ability to go do more things that I always feel I could do it later. I hate life and living and honestly sometimes I forget that I'm even alive and different from everyone else.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2015, 02:51:12 PM »

Pfotegeist
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2015, 03:02:19 PM »

cool French.

Even a piecewise effort to reinforce the previous poster, like repeating the last sentence in your own words, that'll make it more interesting.

My family and I have a great relationship where we regularly agree to share things that we enjoy with each other, such as movies or games. We are always thankful for the opportunity we give each other to enjoy something different and exciting, and we argue very little about petty things like doing the dishes and cleaning up the house.

Am I doin' it right?
You did it perfectly.

That is awesome. I'm so jealous, and you should elaborate more on these exciting opportunities. I have no idea what that means, more detail!

I'm an overweight neet who spends all his time in the basement working on games that aren't even good. My only friends are on the internet and I should go outside and get a girlfriend. Weirdly enough social interaction is easy for me so it's a wonder I don't seek it out, it might just be because I have the ability to go do more things that I always feel I could do it later. I hate life and living and honestly sometimes I forget that I'm even alive and different from everyone else.
When I forget I'm alive I grab a carrot and just start crunching down. You know, the crunch is so satisfying. Some people think they're overweight when it's still not common knowledge what a person looks like, although I thought I saw a few yesterday, but then they tweeted a bit and I ran away.  Having a friend or raising a bunny is a goal not a need *shrug* it's too complicated for me.

I'm surprised this didn't take off sooner.
ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2015, 03:33:55 PM »

Well, for example, me and my brother like that our parents educate us on 80's and 90's movies that they watched and enjoyed when they were young. And my parents are always eager to try out whatever games we're playing at the moment, to the point where we barely need to ask them to try them out. My mother is especially supportive of my brother's love for the outdoors, and will even accept to buy him a few knives for survival once in a while.

I like what you said about carrots, they're really satisfying to munch on and never give me any kind of tummy ache when I eat a lot of them! When I forget what a person looks like, I look in the mirror as a counter example, it usually works.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2015, 04:05:04 PM »

Well, for example, me and my brother like that our parents educate us on 80's and 90's movies that they watched and enjoyed when they were young.

pls stop you're making me feel old  Wizard
JWK5
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2015, 02:38:58 PM »

You're not old, we're  still young, and I'm never in denial about being in denial and on this matter I am clearly not in denial, so you can trust me.

I am satisfied with just about everything I do, especially where art is concerned. I am never apprehensive about creating things because I always feel that people will enjoy what I've created in the end, and even if they don't the only opinion about my creations that matter are my own. Only an artist's intentions matter.

I don't care what people think about me, I know who I am. I've never been in denial about that fact, I am secure in my beliefs and I have good priorities. My opinions are rooted in the values I most definitely have, I know for sure they are not just responses to the people around me. I have always been grounded in fact, I have not been living through illusions.

Only what we own and what we're owed matters, we must always control what is outside ourselves but never what is inside ourselves. I have no need for change, I see no need for or means of improving, therefore I do not feel a sense of growth and optimism about these things. None of this has been on my mind lately. I probably don't sound erratic and dramatic.

Also, I think Cave Story was not that bad but not that good. That is a lie, but it is also the truth.
ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2015, 04:43:37 PM »

Also, I think Cave Story was not that bad but not that good. That is a lie, but it is also the truth.

The hell level wasn't that bad tbh. Except it totally was and I never finished the game.

Jordgubben
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2015, 01:02:21 AM »

OK, I think I got how to play this (<-I am not sure it this statement is a lie(<- This is true, sorry)). Here goes...

I have never had too learn from my own mistakes because I have never failed at anything I have ever committed to. I have never embarrassed my self or anyone else, especially not in situations where I was socially uncomfortable or inexperienced (because that has never happened). I have never regretted any choice I have ever made, not even in my highschool or collage years. If it ever happened I would no continuously beat my self up about it for years to come. I have over 300 real friends on facebook. They all remember my birthday, notice my absence and would not hesitate to lend me a large sum of money if I asked them.

Jordgubben
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2015, 01:11:24 AM »

Oh, one more thing!

The laptop I'm writing this on was made under humane working conditions by unionised workers who received a fair and sufficient pay. It contains no conflict minerals and it's future disposal will have no negative effect on the  environment.

Clipper
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2015, 04:28:38 PM »

One of my favourite things to draw is rock forms. Especially the texture, which is really fun.
Pfotegeist
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2015, 12:15:46 PM »

Having spent a long time unproductive, hopping around unattached to my wilderness, I felt like there was nothing left to learn about life by the age of 1. Naturally I began meditating a joined a cult so they could tell me everything I needed to know. My name was 'Karl' and I fished for them. I'm great at fishing btw, for a bunny my fishing skills are unparalleled. Yet there was this strange problem, I was too smart and I got thrown out by the simple minority. Everyone else chanted "you're worth it" and fist pumped as I hopped away in triumph. The name 'Karl' was forgotten by my people. Now I am a sad and lonely fisherman who blogs.

p.s. dams great.
Pfotegeist
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2015, 05:07:26 AM »

I remember when I had friends I could casually walk with them without a sense of any danger. Life was beautiful. I also remember the day it all ended like yesterday.

It was the day I finally had to go back to school. Me and my bunnykins were hopping down the dirt road and we met up with the gleamy-eyed twins (They weren't really twins, we just liked to joke about how big their eyes were). "Ow I think a laser just banged my head." It's the usual joke so I could tell what kind of mood they were in.

Natalie, that's my bunnykins, loved the joke and did a half-binky. I stopped and stared because of how beautiful she looks after the slight outburst. I noticed Craig, the younger gleam-eye looking at her too, so I hopped in between for a moment, which was easy since she was always hopping closer to me.

"Hey why are we going this way today? I don't understand." This is the moronic discourse of my friend Todd, gleam number two.

I told him, "We do this every year from now on. Remember last year?"

Todd seemed thoughtful. Then he quipped defiantly, "No."

I winked at him for that. He wiggled his nose faster because he knew I was about to flick paws at him for acting ignorant again. "Look! See that huge metal object, it's almost as bright as Craig's eye and nearly twice as big." Well, almost certainly from this distance it was more than twice as big, but I thought that made my point.

"No." Then a moment of actual thought later, "Yes."

We continued hopping for some time. We entered a giant dug-out yard, with nothing to eat in it. I don't understand why this is the first thing we have to smell every day five days a week. As far as first impressions go, this is by far the worst. I dislike this smell from the bottom of my bunny soul.

"Hey. I just realized something." Says Natalie. She smiled a hugest most ridiculous smile I ever saw a bunny could and raised her ears up as sharp as spades. "It's all down hill from here!"
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic