Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 10:22:36 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsOffering Paid Work[PAID] Graphic Designer for Board Game
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [PAID] Graphic Designer for Board Game  (Read 1292 times)
bdsowers
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« on: December 27, 2014, 11:09:06 AM »

For some time, I've been working on a board game heavily inspired by early console JRPGs (tentatively titled RPG Town). Players take on the role of a town mayor, managing production centers & shops & resources. Heroes come through and buy those resources. Essentially, the player who manages his town best and sells the most resources wins.

One of the secondary hooks of the game is that the art style changes to reflect how JRPGs evolved. Things start 8-bit then shift to 16-bit and 32-bit. Both the town art and hero art reflects these changes, and the gameplay ramps up as the progression unfolds (numbers get bigger, special powers become more useful).

At this point, the rules are solid - it's been playtested a good bit, though obviously more playtesting is still to come. Trying to reach the point where I can put together a "pretty prototype" with final/near-final art to show off to outside people.

Here is the design document. - it's not meant to teach as much as it is to break everything down.
Pinterest board showcasing some of the art

All the art for the game is finished, but it needs a graphic designer - someone who can design card and tile layouts/arrangements. Closer to a 'user interface' than an 'illustrator.' There would be some texture work involved for card fronts/backs, but it's mostly the design aspects I'm concerned with right now.

The scope of the work is roughly 3 different card layouts and 3 different tile layouts plus a handful of small icons.

It's a paying gig. We can negotiate prices. I'm paying for this out-of-pocket right now (with the intention of Kickstarting a print run), so I can't make you rich, but I understand art costs money.  Smiley

Feel free to send me a message if you're interested or have any questions.

[Forgive me if TIG isn't appropriate for board games; I thought the concept might overlap with the interests of some of the people here]

jstankiansheng
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2015, 08:35:35 AM »

Hi,

Iam interested in this job.I have a experience in trading card project before.
Please have a look and hope can get a favourable respond from you.
http://jstanillustrator.wix.com/jsconceptartist

Lúthienesque
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2015, 04:59:45 AM »

If you are still looking for a designer, I believe I can help!

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic