Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 11:45:46 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsPIXEL PRINCESS BLITZ : Roguelike Action RPG
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: PIXEL PRINCESS BLITZ : Roguelike Action RPG  (Read 10989 times)
Osteel
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2015, 10:01:08 AM »

Ooh, I remember this. Specifically because I had commented on how awesome the music was. I went back to listen to it when I saw this and it still awesome. Looking forward to your kickstarter. Smiley
lanzegames
Level 0

We strive for good fun!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2015, 11:06:46 AM »

This project looks great, I'm keeping an eye on it (love roguelikes!). Good luck with kickstarter!

Thank you very much! We are working hard without funding for now, despite being short on money, because we don't want to abuse Kickstarter as grab-the-money-and-run platform.

Ooh, I remember this. Specifically because I had commented on how awesome the music was. I went back to listen to it when I saw this and it still awesome. Looking forward to your kickstarter. Smiley

Great to hear that you still remember this Smiley I neglected using this forum for a long while, but not anymore! Thank you and have a nice day.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 11:17:16 AM by lanzegames » Logged

pmarincak
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2015, 11:43:05 AM »

Looks really cute and I like the music so far Smiley
If you need any Kickstarter advice let me know, I've run (a small) one before.

#followed

lanzegames
Level 0

We strive for good fun!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2015, 11:48:47 AM »

Looks really cute and I like the music so far Smiley
If you need any Kickstarter advice let me know, I've run (a small) one before.

#followed

Thank you, pmarincak! I'm gonna put a lot of effort in designing the Kickstarter page. (and the videos)

El-Metallico
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2015, 03:47:57 AM »

Just checked the music - really good, nice job.

Game music composer and pixelartist.
Music Portfolio 
Pixelart Portfolio
lanzegames
Level 0

We strive for good fun!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2015, 08:40:01 AM »

Just checked the music - really good, nice job.

Thank you! The composer will be happy to hear that.

charliecarlo
Level 1

The Duke of Dementia

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2015, 03:15:26 PM »

I love the pixel art, and the game idea sounds interesting.
Definitely following this devlog.

thefoolishbrave
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2015, 03:58:32 PM »

Dude. This looks juicy as hell. I'd like to give it a test whirl but it looks like something I'd definitely be kickstarting.

lanzegames
Level 0

We strive for good fun!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2015, 04:28:23 PM »

Dude. This looks juicy as hell. I'd like to give it a test whirl but it looks like something I'd definitely be kickstarting.

Thank you very much!
We may launch the kickstarter in November or December.

gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2015, 04:30:51 PM »

I like the character design unreasonably while it seems "right on" what I tend to shun, what's your secret?

droxon
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2015, 04:33:58 PM »

Your art style is really cool!
lanzegames
Level 0

We strive for good fun!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2015, 04:38:07 PM »

Your art style is really cool!

Thank you!! Grin

I like the character design unreasonably while it seems "right on" what I tend to shun, what's your secret?

I'm glad to hear that you like the character design!
Hmm. I would very much like to hear more about which features about her are those you would normally avoid, so I can give you some meaningful answers :D

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2015, 05:05:12 PM »

TO be frank I think it's because the main artist is legit from Asiatic culture, there is a different sensibility in the line that westerner don't seem to capture.

SunWuKong
Level 5

Help me, help you.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2015, 05:09:45 PM »

Wow - very charming looking game. I'll be keeping an eye on it and best of luck!

-Tim

lanzegames
Level 0

We strive for good fun!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2015, 05:33:22 PM »

TO be frank I think it's because the main artist is legit from Asiatic culture, there is a different sensibility in the line that westerner don't seem to capture.

That's true. You can always tell the difference when a 'westerner' draws in this style.

Well, I try not to exaggerate any design element, and try to keep things semi-realistic, at least.
For example, I would never draw a small girl holding a giant axe bigger than her own body.

Every design choice should have a meaning. I am really not fond of many female characters showing all kinds of skin, or protecting their legs with armor whilst having there bosom out.

And finally, I put a lot of love in my characters Smiley

Wow - very charming looking game. I'll be keeping an eye on it and best of luck!

-Tim

Thank you very much!

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2015, 05:36:05 PM »

It shows!

I think also it has the simplicity of old design, when people weren't obsess with edgy details overflowing. Like nintendo's design, they kept them clean. And the character, while being close to the moe cute little girl, is treated as a character in her context first, it's not gimmicky, no out of place exaggerated motion because trope and the like.

So god job, it's a good design!

lanzegames
Level 0

We strive for good fun!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: October 05, 2015, 05:41:09 PM »

It shows!

I think also it has the simplicity of old design, when people weren't obsess with edgy details overflowing. Like nintendo's design, they kept them clean. And the character, while being close to the moe cute little girl, is treated as a character in her context first, it's not gimmicky, no out of place exaggerated motion because trope and the like.

So god job, it's a good design!

You are right! I am all against those high-quality characters with thousand details and crazy ornaments. They would never beat the beauty of distinct simplicity, as demonstrated by Mario, Link, Sonic, Rockman, and so on.

Thank you very much, you really made my day.  Beer!

Ivan Khmel
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 05, 2015, 05:42:22 PM »

Stopping by to say the game looks great. What are you using for the pixel animation?

lanzegames
Level 0

We strive for good fun!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: October 05, 2015, 11:13:55 PM »

Stopping by to say the game looks great. What are you using for the pixel animation?

Thank you, Ivan! Most japanese artists use a program named 'EDGE'.
But it comes only in Japanese. If you need a good pixel art program, I recommend 'Asesprite'.

nnyei
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 06, 2015, 12:01:53 AM »

The art is looking fantastic and it's really rare to see a roguelike that actually puts any kind of emphasis on the story! I'll definitely be following this and supporting it when it comes on kickstarter. Smiley

I just have one question -- how long is one playthrough going to take, approximately? It's probably hard to gauge when the game's still early in development, but what are you guys shooting for? Something similar to FTL where one playthrough will take around one hour?
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic