Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 07:38:11 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusinessID@Xbox
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: ID@Xbox  (Read 839 times)
Interface
Level 0

View Profile
« on: December 30, 2014, 07:39:24 PM »

Can anyone share experiences with ID@Xbox? Assuming you get approved, it says you get two dev kits, some unity add-ons etc. But what kind of commitments are involved, are there restrictions, timelines, etc?
AleHitti
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2015, 04:56:43 AM »

Hey there!

I am currently enrolled in the ID@XBOX program, so I can tell you a bit about our experience.

Basically, you need to have a company, tax forms, everything, in order to prove that you are legit. After you fill out the initial petition, you will be contacted by a Microsoft employee and he/she will help you go through the rest of the process. You WILL need to have company emails, as they won't send you anything to a Gmail account or something similar. Wordpress is a good resource for this, as we payed for our domain and we also got access to 5 email redirects, which basically send emails back to my gmail account using a company email front-end. Anyway, after a few exchanges, you will be sent an NDA that you need to read, sign and return. If everything goes well, you will receive 2 Xbox ONE devkits on your doorstep within 2 weeks. These devkits are not "Free", they are being lent to you, but for a more than reasonable amount of time. After you are enrolled in the program, you will be able to access Xbox developer sites with tons of information, SDKs, Certification Requirement documents, etc.

Hope that helps! If you need any help, just ask or email me at alehitti[at]super91studios[dot]com.

Cheers!

Jonathan Burroughs
Level 1

Co-founder Variable State

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2015, 01:55:33 AM »

Do you know if signing up to self-publish through ID@Xbox precludes later distributing your game through a publisher?

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic