Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411275 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 08:21:39 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)CreativeWhat the hell did you do this year? 2015 edition
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: What the hell did you do this year? 2015 edition  (Read 2298 times)
Canned Turkey
« on: January 01, 2015, 10:48:29 AM »

So far I've woken up.
Pretty productive year, hope the next will be just as amazing.

EDIT: I have also made coffee. This is just... I'm overwhelmed. Thank you all.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 11:00:32 AM by Canned Turkey » Logged
Kolba
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2015, 01:59:08 PM »

I've made some resolutions AND I've already broken them within the space of three days.

This year I'm off to a running start!

Canned Turkey
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2015, 02:27:19 PM »

I found a way to keep every single new years resolution I make.
I just don't try.
Armageddon
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2015, 10:43:11 PM »

I think these threads come at the end of the year for people to round up what they've done. We have a 'what are you working on' thread for day to day stuff already.

oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2015, 12:42:36 AM »

Drawing some more (something I've been getting back into lately thanks to tablet and stylus), programming a bunch more on my game, working on language related stuff, cooking and some other productivity as well as playing games (or rather, mostly watching gf play) and watching movies.

We dug up my old cards and gf taught me to play Pokémon TCG and I taught her to play MTG (this was like on the 31st or the day before tho) and now she spends half her days or more playing the digital version. I have created a monster and also lost all my desire to play any more myself.

I've contacted family for the first time in a long time, dunno if that's good.

Having gotten off of Facebook, IRC and Skype for like three months now is a good way to boost productivity. And grow isolation. But I don't live alone, so that's enough for me right now. people r 2trikky5me

At least I'm on two forums.
And sometimes on Twitter.

EasterlyArt
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2015, 05:20:21 AM »

Stopped working on my game to focus on making tshirt designs and comic books.

Be original, be creative, be fresh, be righteous, be yourself and let no one stop you!

EasterlyArt Facebook
Netsu
Level 10

proficient at just chillin'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2015, 06:14:22 AM »

I ate.

EdFarage
Level 2

I can upload avatars

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2015, 07:05:00 AM »

on the past five days, i've been studying physics and stuff that i've missed on school, like the Pythagorean theorem and the addition and subtraction of angles
other than that, i have been reading articles to keep me motivated on game design, like thse:
http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?t=146495
http://snip.ly/32RL#http://bit.ly/1xlWdgU
http://betterin2d.com/2015/01/05/aso-part-1/
i have to say, the deeper i go into game design, the more frighten i get.
but im still finishing this game, at least this one.
oh i also have been having interesting ideas for my game, like this one:

and now im getting ready to work out, slim time  No No NO
coah
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2015, 12:03:41 AM »

It's been a shit year for productivity.

I started and stopped working on Daughters of the Void.
Tinkered around with several small ideas.
Made some prototypes.

Something has to happen this year.
Impmaster
Level 10

Scary, isn't it?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2015, 01:22:13 AM »

on the past five days, i've been studying physics and stuff that i've missed on school, like the Pythagorean theorem and the addition and subtraction of angles

Wait, you didn't know how to use the Pythagorean theorem and addition and subtraction of angles? Is it because you forgot or just because your education was just really poor in math? I can understand needing to learn maybe calculus or trig or something, but that's like the simplest stuff in geometry.

Do I need a signature? Wait, now that I have a Twitter I do: https://twitter.com/theimpmaster
EdFarage
Level 2

I can upload avatars

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2015, 08:12:40 AM »

never really had to use it, so i forgot.  Shrug
Impmaster
Level 10

Scary, isn't it?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2015, 04:14:57 PM »

Ah ok. Sorry.

Do I need a signature? Wait, now that I have a Twitter I do: https://twitter.com/theimpmaster
knifeySpoonie
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2015, 08:41:17 AM »

So far 7 days in..

I have registered my company - Knifey Spoonie LTD my own company. Smiley

and become a co-founder of Brighton Game Collective (a non profit company idea myself and a few other Indies in Brighton are Pursuing - more on that soon.

Got my game in front of the first Journalists - we should be appearing in Kotaku in the near future in some form. and maybe a couple of others :D

I cleared up a few Legal querys I had with my old employers (Sega) and that clears us to accept investment or find a Publisher for our game! which is ace.

And the big one.. secured an office Which we move into on Monday

This has been a Great year so far!!!

Founder and Creative Director |  KnifeySpoonie Games  |  Tpickarddev.com | @TPickardDev
oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2015, 04:02:21 PM »

I logged on to IRC today for the first time in like two months or more. But I logged off again after a while without actually talking on any channel.
And I went outside yesterday for the first time since the middle of December.

Hand Metal Right

citizen5
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2015, 01:56:56 AM »

And I went outside yesterday for the first time since the middle of December.

Wow. Get some fresh air! Grin

This year, I've written my first game blog post and am working on some interesting PR ideas...

baconman
Level 10

Design Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2015, 02:26:22 AM »

I got out of discipleship program, got myself a new computer and vehicle. My new computer got stolen (and is currently being used to commit fraud, thanks internet); but I got a replacement one. I'm back to living out of my car and developing at hotspots; finally getting some chipping-away progression at my main gamedev project - a little via Visual Basic on my PC, and dabbling with SmileBASIC on my 2DS (which I also got rather cheap).

Meanwhile, apart from fraud concerns, I just bounced back from my brake calipers exploding on my car, fast food work getting outrageous and exhausting; and I have a +1 in my passenger seat with nowhere better for HIM to be now (great); and I'm 2 weeks away from the first GDC that I have a semi-shot-in-hell of actually attending for once... and by attending, I mean tailgating the area ...and I'm trying to mash my projects into playable MVP status, or at least to the point where they can get there within that week.

mzn528
Level 2

Dark Souls, Berserk and Vagabond Ultimate Fanboy

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2015, 11:16:29 AM »

Nice Post Idea!

I am graduating Undergraduate with an Accounting degree (yeah I know slave of corporate) but I've always a gamer (big fan of Monster Hunter, Souls, Mount and Blade, etc.) and I decide for this year before I graduate, I am going to create my dream game.

So so far, I've started to learn Game Maker Language and Pixel Arts, I think I am on the right track and hopefully I will finish the perfect game I've always wanted to play myself lol (Souls meets Castlevania SOTN meets Dragon's Crown with Character Progression System like Fire Emblem...Yeah I know it sounds too good to be true).

Noob Game Dev and Pixel Artist, twitter @mzn528

Soul Appeaser, a combat focused story rich ARPG
DevLog
Kyle Preston
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2015, 08:33:44 PM »

and I'm 2 weeks away from the first GDC that I have a semi-shot-in-hell of actually attending for once

Hell of a year man.  So how was GDC?

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic