Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 07:09:20 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsGwyn [NEW DEMO]
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7
Print
Author Topic: Gwyn [NEW DEMO]  (Read 17061 times)
diest
Level 1

@diest64

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: April 04, 2015, 08:26:18 PM »

I've been working on water sprites

phyerboss
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: April 04, 2015, 10:55:10 PM »

That water scene is looking pretty sweet!

But I cant help but feel that the texture of the ground tiles should be a bit more "rough".

Beta Coming Soon!
diest
Level 1

@diest64

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: April 05, 2015, 12:21:43 AM »

But I cant help but feel that the texture of the ground tiles should be a bit more "rough".

how do you mean exactly?

Green Gospod
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 05, 2015, 04:04:06 AM »

He probably doesn't mean this, but the rock tiles are exactly the same as grass tiles except different color. Of course I'm assuming this is just placeholder anyway.

Also what are those random white dots randomly appearing suppose to be?
MurmuringDepths
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: April 05, 2015, 05:38:02 AM »

how do you mean exactly?

Probably means adding some more noise / variation, and that it shouldn't be a single colour fill.

but the rock tiles are exactly the same as grass tiles except different color.
To me that looks like it's just the grass tile around all the ground edges, and when it reaches water level the water itself is partially transparent, changing the colour of the grass "behind" it to something darker and more blue.

diest
Level 1

@diest64

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: April 08, 2015, 07:39:48 PM »

its suppose to be like grass or something. I think it looks fine, you guys dont agree?

also here's a temple entrance I drew up

phyerboss
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: April 08, 2015, 08:52:42 PM »

Sorry for the delay.

I was meaning that the the ground tiles for that under water part seem a bit too "smooth". They are indeed fine if you feel you like them to be that way.

Its just that I was thinking that if you were going for a more "natural" approach. That straight-lined surface you have now could probably stand to be broken up a little. Making the surface of the ground feel a bit more natural and jaggy.

Beta Coming Soon!
Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: April 09, 2015, 05:58:59 AM »

waterfalls dont look very smooth. idk if thats the gif dropping frames or the animation not being lined up.

LightEnt
Level 1

Power to the action-platformer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: April 09, 2015, 06:36:25 AM »

I actually kinda like it that way. The frames aren't lined up all the way, but it gives a neat glittering feel.

~Light

Devlog| Tumblr
Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: April 09, 2015, 06:51:30 AM »

if you like waterfalls that look like they just stop flowing every couple of inches then sure. looks real good.

TinyAngryCrab
Level 0

o

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: April 09, 2015, 07:18:26 AM »

if you like waterfalls that look like they just stop flowing every couple of inches then sure. looks real good.

Yeah it feels like they back up occasionally? Maybe the link frames aren't quite what they should be?
diest
Level 1

@diest64

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: April 09, 2015, 08:08:21 PM »

I see what you guys are talking about with the waterfalls. I'll try to fix it thanks  Smiley

karlozalb
Level 5

Do or do not.There is no try.

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 10, 2015, 04:25:56 AM »

its suppose to be like grass or something. I think it looks fine, you guys dont agree?

also here's a temple entrance I drew up

This stage reminds me of FEZ!

Following! keep up the good work!
diest
Level 1

@diest64

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: April 10, 2015, 11:21:58 AM »

This stage reminds me of FEZ!

Following! keep up the good work!

thanks! Thats pretty much the feel I was going for  Gomez Gomez Gomez Gomez

diest
Level 1

@diest64

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: May 17, 2015, 01:52:57 AM »

drew up this bed. going to work on interior tiles soon.

also new houses drawn:

bornander
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: May 17, 2015, 01:58:43 AM »

This is nothing short of stunning. I love the attention to detail, for example how the bow string vibrates after letting an arrow fly.

Current devlog; Grapple
Try Hovercraft for Android, voted "a game" by players.Hovercraft on Google play
diest
Level 1

@diest64

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: May 22, 2015, 04:24:09 PM »

@bornander thanks!

Got a new enemy type in.
Also I'm wondering how everyone feels about the name. Googling "Gwyn" just brings up abunch of dark souls stuff, but no results on steam/itch when searching "Gwyn"

oldblood
Level 10

...Not again.

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 22, 2015, 04:38:44 PM »

...Also I'm wondering how everyone feels about the name. Googling "Gwyn" just brings up abunch of dark souls stuff, but no results on steam/itch when searching "Gwyn"

I usually try to google any potential names before I use them. Short one word names always sound cool until you try to google them and find nothing relevant to your game in the results. I don't think it would hurt to try and find a more unique name.

This is also why I just made up my own word for "Masochisia". Every name I liked returned very irrelevant results to my concept. If I made up my own word, I knew all the search results would be just for my game. By creating a word that was also familiar to other words, people seem to innately understand what it means even if the word doesn't actually exist... You may find you could do a word-mesh of some sort?

diest
Level 1

@diest64

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: May 22, 2015, 05:41:19 PM »

I usually try to google any potential names before I use them. Short one word names always sound cool until you try to google them and find nothing relevant to your game in the results. I don't think it would hurt to try and find a more unique name.

This is also why I just made up my own word for "Masochisia". Every name I liked returned very irrelevant results to my concept. If I made up my own word, I knew all the search results would be just for my game. By creating a word that was also familiar to other words, people seem to innately understand what it means even if the word doesn't actually exist... You may find you could do a word-mesh of some sort?

Problem with making up your own word is it being hard to remember or spell for people.

GalaethGames
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: May 23, 2015, 06:29:57 AM »

I like the name, it fits the title and it's cute ( although here in Wales, where the name is from it's a boys name, the female version is Gwen or Gywneth.)

I'm following the progress and look forward to playing it!

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic