Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 03:45:16 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesAwesome Games Done Quick 2015
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Awesome Games Done Quick 2015  (Read 2317 times)
Dragonmaw
« on: January 06, 2015, 02:10:00 PM »

LET'S TALK ABOUT HOW GREAT AGDQ IS AAAAAA

http://www.twitch.tv/gamesdonequick

my fav runs so far:

TASbot plays pokemon red plays twitch (TASbot programs twitch chat on the super gameboy)
Descent (tricording WOOOOO)
Streets of Rage 2 (learned how to use max!!!)
gimmick (holy shit)
« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 01:12:43 AM by Dragonmaw » Logged
Chris MacAdam
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2015, 07:20:34 PM »

wow watching this now. blown away by how fast he can clear these stages without dying! thanks for sharing.

ThemsAllTook
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2015, 07:30:46 PM »

I tuned in just in time to catch most of the Zelda 2 speedrun, which was of particular interest to me since I used to try to speedrun it. Ridiculous stuff.

Do these get archived somewhere? Live broadcasts are too demanding for me. I can't function very well without pause/rewind buttons.

Razz
Level 6

subtle shitposter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2015, 09:39:50 PM »

My internet has been crap lately so I can't watch this, I hope to have it fixed soon though. Managed to view the TASbot segment on a friends computer, that was pretty awesome.

AGDQ is of particular interest to me because it's a way to catch up on the speedrunning scene, something I don't have much time for any more.

I tuned in just in time to catch most of the Zelda 2 speedrun, which was of particular interest to me since I used to try to speedrun it. Ridiculous stuff.

Do these get archived somewhere? Live broadcasts are too demanding for me. I can't function very well without pause/rewind buttons.
Looks like they're being uploaded here

baconman
Level 10

Design Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2015, 09:57:12 PM »

They get sectioned into YouTubes, too. Which is good, because now I wanna see the Zelda II one.

But... isn't it 2015 now?!

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2015, 01:18:29 AM »

TASbot plays pokemon red plays twitch (TASbot programs twitch chat on the super gameboy)

fsgshuehsbshsjquahajauwywhz
forwardresent
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2015, 04:23:19 PM »

Managed to catch a few games whilst it's been on, the DS2 runs that were on before were pretty neat. Ninja Gaiden race was brilliant, probably going to pull an all nighter and watch the Super Metroid race.
ThemsAllTook
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2015, 10:45:41 PM »

It's been an incredible week. I was only vaguely aware of AGDQ in previous years, but once I started watching this one, I was hooked. The Ninja Gaiden relay race was a big highlight for me, and the Yoshi's Island race was a close second.

I just found this handy compilation of VOD links: http://www.reddit.com/r/speedrun/comments/2ra5rw/agdq_vods_thread_2015/

mono
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2015, 06:21:46 AM »

oot blindfolded

also ds2 glitch% was fun
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 06:29:18 AM by mono » Logged

Jondog
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2015, 06:26:58 PM »

There's so much awesome stuff, the TASbot hacks were really cool and that pro tetris player was awesome.

I'm going to have to check out more of it later.

DJFloppyFish
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2015, 08:08:28 PM »

The Ninja Gaiden relay race was a big highlight for me

yes! I recommend everyone at least watches this one, even if they're not super knowledgeable of ninja gaiden, its one of the most entertaining back and forth races I've ever seen.
Dragonmaw
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2015, 02:58:39 AM »

donation incentive next year: nobody is allowed to say hype
Impmaster
Level 10

Scary, isn't it?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2015, 04:38:18 AM »

Uhh could someone explain what this is? I can't load twitch streams recently for some reason, but when i can open the twitch page this is always on the front page. Is it like some guy speedrunning games for charity? He seems to play a lot.

Do I need a signature? Wait, now that I have a Twitter I do: https://twitter.com/theimpmaster
Chris MacAdam
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2015, 08:03:31 AM »

Multiple people speedrun for a charity that lasts about a week long. This is the first one I have seen but I believe they do it once or twice a year.
Pretty much internet version of a telethon. People watch and donate and an announcer will read donations as the people speedrun and show off glitches.

https://gamesdonequick.com/schedule
This is also this years schedule. It ended now but if anyone is interested in what happened.

alvarop
Level 9

ignorant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2015, 08:31:36 AM »

donation incentive next year: nobody is allowed to say hype

please
unhype hyyyyyyyyyyyype

i make games that can only ever be played once on http://throwaway.fun
Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2015, 12:05:19 PM »

donation incentive: nobody is allowed to talk as if everything is a question? It's incredibly grating? and I have no idea why why it's so prevalent? at this event in particular

Didn't have time to watch much of it live this year : (

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
baconman
Level 10

Design Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2015, 01:19:50 AM »

^ That's just California accent? Sorry about that?

Well, I got to catch a few screenings, but my week has been incredibly awful, and I'm gonna have to catch the reruns, for the most part. It's also a tremendously sucky time, personally - because I still want to donate - but my cash is tied up between one job not paying me, one bank taking their sweet time to close a compromised account, and a second bank taking THEIR sweet time getting me my ATM/debit card with which to do anything THERE.

Y.Y *grumble grumble*

starsrift
Level 10

Apparently I am a ruiner of worlds. Ooops.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2015, 02:14:27 AM »

donation incentive: nobody is allowed to talk as if everything is a question? It's incredibly grating? and I have no idea why why it's so prevalent? at this event in particular

Didn't have time to watch much of it live this year : (

Totally like whatever

"Vigorous writing is concise." - William Strunk, Jr.
As is coding.

I take life with a grain of salt.
And a slice of lime, plus a shot of tequila.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic