Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411505 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 09:10:25 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusinessMobile game sponsorship
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Mobile game sponsorship  (Read 2861 times)
lobstersteve
« on: January 08, 2015, 05:07:39 PM »

Does anyone has experience with sponsoring a mobile flash game?
I have seriously no idea whatsoever how the mobile game market works.

Do sponsors want their logo to be on menu screens, level transitions etc..? (because i can't recall playing a mobile game that would have logos with links refering to some website, like web-games do).
..or is it more likely that they will pay for stuff like leaderboards?
Do i have to put the game on the google play store or does the sponsor do it for me?
Sorry for the stupid questions, but i couldn't even find the answers on the FGL forums, where mobile game sponsoring exists.

thx in advance Coffee
arseniy
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2015, 08:25:47 AM »

It depends I think. Usually they get revenue from in game ads, so they don't need to put their logo everywhere like in browser flash games.

My game Orbox B: Rebirth. Puzzle-logic with sci-fi story
Lot of mechanics and levels. Google play, iOS, PC, Mac, find links in press kit here:
https://progamix.com/en/PressKit/14/orbox-b-rebirth
alvarop
Level 9

ignorant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2015, 10:33:40 AM »

No experience with flash but with HTML5 wrapped for mobile.
Check out FGL. You can sell a license for your game and get some sweet money for OK stuff, at least in the HTML5 market.

It depends on the type of deal you have with them, but they may ask you to rebrand your game around them (splash screen and stuff) if it's an exclusive. If not, they just make money from the ads so they may not. Games sell from 300$ (non-exclusive) to a lot more if it's an exclusive deal. It depends on the game, but even the most basic, shitty thing when sold can get you a couple of hundreds. Honestly, I'd check this out if I were you : https://www.fgl.com/view_library.php?page=faq-developer

Read up on the type of licenses. Some allow you only to sell your game to one sponsor / publisher. Others to many. Also, the sponsor may give you a good deal besides the type of license type he chooses. These may include a % of ad revenue on certain platforms, for example. I wouldn't go with that though and ask for a higher price, unless the publisher is a big one - in which case, I don't think they'll offer you any ad revenue percentage.

API integration (game center, leaderboards, etc.) is an extra fee. I'd recommend charging around 300-500$ depending on the type of integration. Don't low-ball it, ever. It just fucks it up for other people if you do.

The sponsor usually wants the APK and they upload it onto their own account. From my experience, you have to do everything (ad integration, API integraton, the game, branding, etc.) so you're being paid for the game + the changes. Some sponsors may work other ways, but I haven't met any that do, yet.

I found FGL to feel shady and it sketched me out at first, but it really works. Most sponsors are OK and they'll answer your questions too during the process.

Again, don't ever low-ball it. If you do, it's an opportunity lost to make more money from your work. If they want the game, they will just say "Well, I was thinking something more around... X$".
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 10:42:50 AM by alvarop » Logged

i make games that can only ever be played once on http://throwaway.fun
Eniimal
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2015, 01:51:25 PM »

Whoa thank you, that was very interesting.

Do you think Unity based games have a market too on FGL or Should I try to make some games in HTML5 for FGL ?

Now we can publish a unity game with Webgl.

And again thank you for explaining all this.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic