Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 05:59:00 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusinessHas anyone here submitted to Rezzed Leftfield collection?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Has anyone here submitted to Rezzed Leftfield collection?  (Read 1679 times)
knifeySpoonie
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« on: January 09, 2015, 05:28:37 AM »

Hi all, next Friday is the submission date for the Rezzed Leftfield collection. I was wondering if anyone here has submitted to it or involved in the past?

How did you find the process? How far along was your game? what media did you submit with your entry?

Just got some questions as we decide whether to go for Leftfield or whether to pool some money and go for a regular booth.

Cheers
Tom

Founder and Creative Director |  KnifeySpoonie Games  |  Tpickarddev.com | @TPickardDev
noethis
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2015, 09:51:24 AM »

Curious about this as well.

Jonathan Burroughs
Level 1

Co-founder Variable State

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2015, 11:42:06 AM »

Hey, Tom.

We showed Virginia through Leftfield at EGX last year. And had a really good time too. David Hayward took really good care of us and made sure everything ran smoothly.

I'm trying to remember the application process now. I do remember that I'd applied, completely forgotten about it, and then relatively close to the actual event we received confirmation we'd be attending and all had a little panic about how to get a demo ready in time. We were working on the demo until 4am the morning before the event so I guarantee you we didn't have anything interactive in our original submission. I think we just sent some screenshots and links to our websites and some articles which had covered our announcement.

As for the event itself, we took along our vertical slice demo, which amounted to about 10 minutes of content taken from near the start of the game. Leftfield provided hardware so we brought the demo along on pen drives and installed it on our machines that morning. And we were allowed to bring updated builds each day if we wanted to.

I can't criticise the experience. We could never have afforded a booth at EGX, so Leftfield enabled us to receive invaluable public and press attention with only travel and accomodation costs to cover. I think it boosted our profile more than we could have hoped. And it was a useful deadline to work to to get a build done to quality. And I think the best thing which came out of the experience was being alongside other indie developers and having our own little corner of what is quite a commercial and mainstream-oriented tradeshow. It created a sense of camaraderie and we met some lovely people through it who we're still in touch with.

This is all perhaps a bit vague and waffly. Please feel free to lob more specific questions my way if there's stuff I've not address properly here.

knifeySpoonie
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2015, 06:34:11 AM »

Ah ok So you didn't have much in terms of content. When you submitted.. Ok we're just trying to work out mainly what to include, our build while good for us in its current state doesnt have a lot of stuff I'd rather include before showing it if that makes sense. So a short video with the features explained etc should be acceptable Smiley

Founder and Creative Director |  KnifeySpoonie Games  |  Tpickarddev.com | @TPickardDev
Jonathan Burroughs
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2015, 07:17:58 AM »

Yeah, I mean, I think we submitted as little as a single screenshot (plus some written description). I wish I could remember better. We were lucky that a couple of press sites had covered our announcement, so I think that gave us more credibility than perhaps we deserved at that stage of development. I think if you have a video with feature explanation then that should give you a really strong submission, certainly one substantively stronger than the one we made for Virginia.

knifeySpoonie
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2015, 08:04:39 AM »

Cool well submission has gone in now :D so now it's the waiting game  Hand Any Key impatiently clicks refresh on gmail...

tjcbs
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2015, 08:25:08 AM »

I submitted after seeing this thread. Fortunately I'll be in the UK during the time of the event. Hopefully the response is better than Casual Connect, who didn't even deign to send a blow-off e-mail.

AlexVsCoding
Level 7

Enthusiasm at dangerous levels.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2015, 05:34:51 AM »

Hey! I submitted in 2014 and if anyone reading this didn't/hasn't, definitely consider it next year. Being in the Leftfield Collection was a super wonderful experience which was arguably one the highlights of my career. Be patient with hearing back from David as I know at the moment he's got a lot on his plate! The very best of luck to all of you. (Unfortunately I'll be abroad around the time of the event this year so I can't go!

WildFactor
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2015, 11:21:21 PM »

I submitted too.
They took only around 10% of game submitted.
So fingers crossed.

knifeySpoonie
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2015, 04:56:52 AM »

So we didn't get selected. Just got an email. 319 entries for 24 spaces.. Oh well maybe look at hiring a bench if we can afford it. Will have to look into it.

AlexVsCoding
Level 7

Enthusiasm at dangerous levels.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2015, 04:28:59 AM »

So we didn't get selected. Just got an email. 319 entries for 24 spaces.. Oh well maybe look at hiring a bench if we can afford it. Will have to look into it.

They've changed venue since last time, but there was a tonne of spare tables! In the very worst case scenario, you could take a build of your game and get it out on those!

knifeySpoonie
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2015, 02:09:07 AM »

Well at worst we spend a bit of our budget going to the event. It's to important to miss for us since we're planning on a summer launch Smiley I've got in touch with the EG guys about renting a booth and currently having a chat about it Smiley They're really helpful and good guys so I'm sure I'll get a solution

Jonathan Burroughs
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2015, 10:52:56 AM »

Good luck, fella. So sorry it didn't work out with the Leftfield gig. I'm astonished by how many applications they had.

knifeySpoonie
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2015, 11:07:23 AM »

Cheers HiFi well we've booked a Premium booth now.. So will be there! The number of games, plus our game isn't exactly left field (will be launching our Devlog later tonight) Smiley meant it was a massive long shot. I had put a little aside for paying for a booth in-case so it wasn't as painful as having to find the money suddenly. But we will be there.. Smiley

WildFactor
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2015, 12:31:50 AM »

We will be at Rezzed too (one station only)!

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic