Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411275 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 09:47:57 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralLet's make Infiniminer more popular than Minecraft.
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Let's make Infiniminer more popular than Minecraft.  (Read 2608 times)
tok
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2015, 10:41:03 AM »

you're righ. infiniminer is deliberatly obtuse. minecraft is lower-barrier-to-entry.

zach cares about (keeping the basics out). notch cares about (lettin the basics in). pop versus lit. ALT LIT!

however if you've played minecraft (all have) it might be time to move on to something more advanced. redstone stuff is completely arbitrary. zachs system at least makes sense to a well-ordered mind. engineering for the engineering people. art for the art people. this is what we need. elves versus dwarves.

inifinifactory wont ever be as big as mincraft. but it is better than mincraft. my prediction: its gonna be big. big cult following.

the best criticism of infiniminer is in the tv show FRESH MEAT. i'll see if i can find it on youtube. edit: on zachs blog: http://www.zachtronics.com/infiniminer-on-television/

IF YOU CARE ABOUT ALT LIT? WHO DO YOU READ. I WILL TELL YOU: READ KITTY IT. THE ZAZZLE POETRY MAVEN. YOU WILL KNOW IT IS THE CORRECT PROPHET IF: IT CARRIES THE AVATAR OF HELM'S HASTUR.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 10:57:47 AM by tok » Logged
oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2015, 12:56:32 PM »

however if you've played minecraft (all have)
i havent

engineering for the engineering people. art for the art people. this is what we need.
but im an artistic engineer

tok
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2015, 01:50:30 PM »

you havent' played minecraft yet? why?

and yeah, me too. im a beautiful polychromatic dragon, i can do anything.

infinifactory bug report: no kola kid afaict.
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic