Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 03:50:53 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsThe Rose of Clay
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: The Rose of Clay  (Read 3877 times)
~Tidal
Level 1

I live in Hell, with lava and stuff.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2015, 05:44:27 AM »

Trevor - I dunno what NPC. Maybe a musical-related one, living in the island to the north.
I had to see your photos on your website to have a general idea of how to work and I'm relieved I'm not the only one who shaves his head.

Legit like pasta al pesto in a Chinese restaurant
Trev
Level 0

"beeeep" - a synth

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2015, 06:07:11 AM »

Haha - love it! Can't wait to see more of the world you're building.
Thanks for checking out the site!

These web letters will take your internet hole to my ear-paintings!! http://www.trevorblackmusic.com/
~Tidal
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2015, 01:55:36 PM »

This will be probably Trevor's shop. A place that exchanges clovers for materials or stuff...
Materials will probably needed in order to acquire some special skills or cards (there was a cool idea: creating the player's "own card", like magic the gathering)

~Tidal
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2015, 01:31:49 AM »

OTHER CONCEPT ART
"I've always searched for a lot of difficult things, only to realize that I didn't feel good"- Nicholas
I'm hating myself, but I was too tired to put my hands in the code, also I have to conceptualize a decent AI, that makes the game progressively more difficult, and that makes the enemies move in a smooth way.

Trev
Level 0

"beeeep" - a synth

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2015, 03:22:22 PM »

Lovin' it!

These web letters will take your internet hole to my ear-paintings!! http://www.trevorblackmusic.com/
~Tidal
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2015, 12:20:42 PM »

Now, I’ve worked on a dynamic ai for a dynamic gameplay, very akin to binding of isaac or nuclear throne, for a few months. It was something like a shooter/bullet hell rpg. But you know what? I realized it is too difficult for me to give a decent ai to enemies, because of the vectors and stuff…you know. Right now, enemies movements are clumsy and goofy. Their reactions are scarce, and they won’t overcome a 1 y.o. baby on a keyboard randomly pressing keys.
So, I think a turn-based combat system would be more suitable - details are not clear to me yet, I think it will be a classic turn based (Enemy attacks1 - Player attacks - Enemy2 attacks), or, if it is possible, a dynamic turn based system (instead of “static” turns, the player can attack after a fixed amount of time, decided by speed or something).
But you know what would be cool? A dating sim, or better, “social interactions”. It would be cool to add such a feature to this game, and maybe make a friend that would be brought to battle and fight by your side, or maybe a boyfriend or girlfriend! Right now, characters don’t have a gender. Basically you can be a mongrel of whatever gender you want and wear whatever you want and flirt with anything that moves. Ok, maybe cross-species relationships would be a lil’ clumsy, but, that’s ok, I think a bff would be just ok. Actually, this idea isn’t even new…I thought of a social network usable between levels for a lot of time, but now this could be refined as something like this? I dunno. I only know that I really like social/dating things and friendship in games, and even if roughly made, I would really enjoy to have this stuff in my game (something like this was planned for The Existence Song third release, but never coded because of the hard limitations of verge3 - and almost no feedback).
I don’t even bother making new sprites (actually I enjoy it), but I think that if those companion would exist, they wouldn’t be just like the player (with the outfit and stuff). A sidekick like this…would be really nerfed in attack power. But I dunno. This stuff will be decided later, I guess?
Above, you can see the icon for “Eat/Drink”, the function that will allow you restore hp/mp. Because a good snack is the best thing during a fight.

~Tidal
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2015, 03:30:08 PM »

Small, but important (for me) update:
I'm planning several features, including artifacts that may change some aesthetics:

"Are you brave enough to challenge a GOD?"
"DOG, it's DOG, sorry, I got confused"

I'M SO PROUD YOU CAN'T EVEN UNDERSTAND I FEEL LIKE A 12 Y.O.

lithander
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2015, 01:58:51 AM »

Beautiful artworks and sprite sheet! Really nice. Do you have some gameplay gifs/vids?

~Tidal
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2015, 04:02:35 AM »

Beautiful artworks and sprite sheet! Really nice. Do you have some gameplay gifs/vids?
Thanks! Right now, I'm rewriting the battle system. When this will be over, I'll provide more gifs :D
Also I've learned yesterday how to make gifs so :D
EDIT: I've made the halo more complex, also changed some speeds.

« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 04:23:10 AM by ~Tidal » Logged

~Tidal
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2015, 12:47:31 AM »

I’ve been working on this pop-up bar for the last few days (graphics + code). I think I’ll use it whenever the player triggers a passive ability (not for every passive ability, but for example the ones activated by low health) or maybe even for spellbooks or every kind of activated ability, or bosses names and stuff.
I’ve created 20 different bars right now, 1 for each species, 1 for each class, plus some generic ones (and I’ll add more on further development, for example bromance bars or stuff).
Also, “Fury” is Fighters’s class ability: it is activated when player’s health is lower than 1/5 max health. Hence the trigger.
I’ll add more polish later. Also, Pop-up bars should appear in order (if more trigger abilities are activated at the same time), but I didn’t have the chance to test it out.

jctwood
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2015, 01:49:29 AM »

Looking really good! Love the whole aesthetic and really hope you develop the social interactions idea! What are you building the game in?

~Tidal
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2015, 02:11:14 AM »

Looking really good! Love the whole aesthetic and really hope you develop the social interactions idea! What are you building the game in?
lua, LOVE api.

Fenrir
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2015, 02:50:53 AM »

lua, LOVE api.

Glad to see another LOVE user here! Smiley

~Tidal
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2015, 02:51:37 AM »

lua, LOVE api.

Glad to see another LOVE user here! Smiley
lua is good per se, LOVE makes it even better.

~Tidal
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2015, 12:36:46 AM »

I...help me...

~Tidal
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2015, 10:50:55 AM »

-Character selection update-
Good ol purple interface was ok, but I’ve decided to switch to something “lighter” and neater. So, I’ve deleted several bars and moved species, classes and starting items to the top, leaving more space (for further uses and stuff).

Also, the background will change during the game, according to the current arc: this is the first arc one (”Glory and Mercy”).

~Tidal
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2015, 09:14:13 AM »

I’M INHALING (THE CHEMICALS)

Well, Radioactive alt-levels is a thing I’ve always wanted in this game since the beginning. It even has a backstory!
Now, I’ve been playing with shaders and particles for solid 2 days - and this is the result. Or at least, the result so far.
Since some months ago I decided this game will be turn based, I needed to redesign almost every spellbook: I’ve worked on their effects for the last few weeks, now it’s the time to implement them in the game. This include even graphics, and particles will help me in giving them a neater appearance.
But let’s talk about radioactivity.
As I said, it is an old thing. The game is slowly drifting towards something less post-apocalyptic, but still, even when I drew the map, it was there.
Now: almost every level has a chance to be “radioactive” - for something in the plot - except some of them (the first ones). Some level will ALWAYS be radioactive (the radioactive bay). Now, when you enter a radioactive floor, everything will be almost the same (unless I decide otherwise). An healthy green glow enlightens your way. But still, something changes: stronger enemies, each one with a different mutation, and a continue status ailment (radiation poisoning). And that’s the downside.
The upside is that some things not yet revealed work better, or differently! And there are ways to protect yourself from radioactivity. A character will be immune to them!
Also, I’ve shown only 4 characters (and most of the times, only Mongrel and Rabbit) and 2 classes. Of course, I’ll do more than this. At the moment, there are way more characters, and 5 classes. I’m not sure if adding “cat” to the species roster will be ok (a species with low stats multiplier, but that can endure 9 deadly hits), and I have yet to add Edguard class.

So, yeah! See ya!

~Tidal
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2015, 04:26:41 AM »

You may think this project is dead. You may think I killed it. That's wrong.
I had to graduate first, so seems now I am a physical therapist or whatever you call us.
Now. Most of the stuff I did in the past few months was a bunch of concept, formulas and some graphics, but no code (no time for that). Now I can be productive again.
So, I'll spoil this:

Also, new species:

And, yes, boss level layout will be different:

"So Zelda it hurts"
See ya people, also doing some polish
« Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 10:21:12 AM by ~Tidal » Logged

~Tidal
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2016, 10:20:03 AM »

Logo + Fake Box Art. In a few weeks I'll give some updates + gif & stuff since I'm also changing some details in a cool way  Blink Blink

nuuup
Level 0

@noodlenuuup

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 13, 2016, 10:26:24 AM »

wait if there is Tidal making this game, where is Spotify

I make games! Check them out.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic