Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 02:33:57 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsOffering Paid Work[PAID] 2d battle effect animator for JRPG game
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [PAID] 2d battle effect animator for JRPG game  (Read 2452 times)
dragonslumber
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: January 10, 2015, 01:58:26 PM »

Please read this ad in full before applying, in order to ensure that you are able to do the work.
Hi.  My name is Kevin Giguère and I'm the founder of Dragon Slumber, an indie game development company.  I have 10 years programming experience, 3 of those years being spent in a small game development company as a programmer which I had to leave due to downsizing.

For the past 2 years, I have been working on Arelite Core, a commercial JRPG styled game for Windows, which mixes traditional design with a modern presentation.  The game was developped from the ground up and aims to take the best of old games, like Final Fantasy VI and Chrono Trigger, and mix it with modern day design sensibilities.  You can discover more about the game at www.arelitecore.com.

Trailer
You can see a trailer for the game on the Arelite Core website as well as on the Steam Greenlight page at http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=368932561

Who I'm looking for
I am looking for an artist to create 2d animation frames for the battle effects of the game. This includes conception according to guidelines and up to the final execution of every frame of the animation. Battle effect frames vary from effect to effect, but this is an example of the effects: http://www.arelitecore.com/images/LightningStrip1.png, http://www.arelitecore.com/images/PoisonStrip.png.

Relevant examples of your work will be required.  Before I hire anyone, I will need to ensure they can do the job.

More about the game
For this JRPG, I am aiming for about 10-12 hours of gameplay.  There are 6 playable characters, with an animation range around similar to Final Fantasy VI (ie, 3rd person fights with sprites and emotion animations during story).  We have well over 100 unique monsters planned, as well as visual variations on already established monsters (a goblin with a mask for example).  Stylistically, we're aiming towards Final Fantasy VI, a slightly gritty style, mature themes and all that.  It's also our baseline for the visuals, battle presentation and so forth.

And finally
Payment is to be negociated and is made upon approved frames.  This job offer will be open until January 24th, please don't apply after that date.  You may contact me at any time by e-mail at [email protected], or by Skype at ds_kevingiguere.  Those two methods will be the only methods of communcation accepted for the job.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Arelite Core, coming to a PC near you (hopefully yours) in 2015, www.arelitecore.com
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic