Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411431 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 20, 2024, 02:42:16 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralBoard Game Name
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Board Game Name  (Read 495 times)
bdsowers
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« on: January 10, 2015, 02:13:47 PM »

For about a year now I've been working on a board game tentatively titled RPG Town. I'm not thrilled with that name - it's functional but lacks a bit of flare. So I'm trying to land on a final name.

In the game, players run a town in an RPG - more specifically, a JRPG. Players place buildings & manage resources (weapons, armor, potions, and magic), which they then sell to heroes. When an item is sold players are awarded victory points and may get special powers. The player who manages her town and sells the most stuff wins, effectively.

One of the secondary hooks of the game is that the art style evolves similarly to how console video game art evolves. At the beginning, players can only build "8-bit" buildings and only "8-bit" heroes come into town. At a certain point the game switches to "16-bit" and the art becomes more detailed and the special powers more powerful. The game ends in "32-bit" mode.

Here's some art so you can see what I'm talking about:

I have a running list of names here. If anyone has anything to add to that list or opinions about any of the names in there, I'd be glad to hear it!

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic