Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411476 Posts in 69369 Topics- by 58424 Members - Latest Member: FlyingFreeStudios

April 23, 2024, 03:14:00 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)Just starting out with Pixel Art
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Just starting out with Pixel Art  (Read 1209 times)
GemLettuce
Level 0

View Profile
« on: January 11, 2015, 01:54:19 PM »

I made this in Piskel seeing as paint.net was being hormonal about showing the grid to me. I'm wanting to get into Pixel Art to involve myself with my boyfriends game dev, let me know what you all think :D

s-spooky g-g-ghosts
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2015, 03:20:58 PM »

If you want to get involved with his game, then you need more than this. And I mean quite literally MORE. It's alright, nice choice of colors, but it's like only one enlarged simple sprite! Get to work and post more.

I must admit though I can't tell what it depicts. It reminds me of a Pinsir pokemon.

SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2015, 04:40:51 PM »

I, too, can't tell what it is. The colors aren't bad, but I think it's too low-contrast. I feel like the outline should be darker, and the colors more pushed in that direction. You might want to export the sprite as a small sprite and post that next time as well, since scrolling could get annoying with larger sprites. Without knowing what it's supposed to be, I can't comment on form or perspective or anything like that, but they're things to keep in mind for next time.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic