Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411275 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 06:54:12 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsUdon Dreams ~ non-combat immersive sim on a lunar resort
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
Print
Author Topic: Udon Dreams ~ non-combat immersive sim on a lunar resort  (Read 21891 times)
bsp
Level 1

View Profile
« on: January 11, 2015, 05:15:08 PM »

Udon Dreams is a first-person adventure game. You are hired to go undercover on board a resort ship in space and sabotage it prior to its grand opening.

beep beep I am updating this OP as the links were a broken mess. read through the rest of the thread and I'll edit this soon~~
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 01:07:39 AM by bsp » Logged

mushbuh
Level 9

Epic Laughs await you, traveler *tips steampunkhat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2015, 05:22:54 PM »

coool

unsilentwill
Level 9

O, the things left unsaid!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2015, 05:28:41 PM »

Well I'm psyched. Hand Thumbs Up Right

macepoodle
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2015, 07:30:42 PM »

Looking nice so far. I especially like the lighting and that 's not pushing for realism. Best of luck! I'll keep an eye on your progress.

MAVW
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2015, 07:52:04 PM »

oh boy, keeps getting better

Quicksand-S
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2015, 11:00:20 PM »

Well, this looks awesome. Visually, it makes me think of System Shock 2 crossed with Jazzpunk, and the level of interactivity you describe sounds really appealing. I'm looking forward to seeing more.

My Old Game: We Want YOU - Join the Fight for Freedom

Twitter - Mostly comments on games, old and new.
Armageddon
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2015, 11:17:42 PM »

I love it. Man I just want people to keep making System Shock 2 ripoffs, they're so great.

danieru
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2015, 12:37:37 AM »

Love the visual style.

DrDerekDoctors
THE ARSEHAMMER
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2015, 04:49:28 AM »

Another vote for "it done looks jus' like System Shock 2!" - the gameplay sounds really fun and interesting. Smiley

Me, David Williamson and Mark Foster do an Indie Games podcast. Give it a listen. And then I'll send you an apology.
http://pigignorant.com/
mushbuh
Level 9

Epic Laughs await you, traveler *tips steampunkhat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2015, 02:02:29 PM »

Honestly im just concerned about how many memes you can fit into this game. I think it would be really epic to maybe add a model of notches new house, or some kind of "butts joke" (that could work well in the bathroom!)

bsp
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2015, 08:36:54 PM »

Thanks everyone. The tram area/maintenance tile sets (aka all the dark grey stuff) are definitely an ode to SS2 (grav shafts.....). Jonatan Poljo's art for 0x10c by Notch was a bigger eye opener initially, but there are many different areas of the ship that aren't sci-fi wall panel core. These will be reserved for the tram that runs underground and maintenance areas.

and yeah man, cleb is working on a memes-per-minute (MPM) tracker to make sure the fun stays fresh. indie butts is the funniest thing and itll be there!

Here's a preview of some pressurization tech. Wherever there is a glass window to space you can break it, so that area will get depressurized and be chaotic for a few seconds until it stabilizes into low/zero G and things begin to float. Re-pressurization works as well but that isn't shown here. (Also the effects are turned off on the player here so we can hang back and observe instead of suffocating in space.)

no embedding.. tig pls

This is a rather simple demonstration but it can actually handle a pretty wide array of scenarios. Being in a sealed off room, opening a window to space, and then opening a door will result in it chaining down to the new room that just opened. If two space cuts are opened and the distance is equal the distribution is randomized, and some other stuff like that.

plump
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2015, 02:36:55 PM »

i love the visuals
hyped
bsp
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2015, 08:06:17 PM »

Just some little interactive things with a noodle carton

http://puu.sh/f5f4l/f712f6ca59.mp4

gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2015, 09:37:50 PM »

cool

gunswordfist
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2015, 09:52:19 PM »

i want to see more.

Indie games I have purchased:
Spelunky
Shoot 1UP
Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2015, 10:33:26 PM »

This is looking really good.

bsp
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2015, 07:57:59 PM »

thanks everyone. Smiley

got some new art done over the last couple days, mainly redoing the hotel lobby entrance

after

ty mush for rock help

before (to be fair this is actually a bit older but the best representation of previous entrance)

the hotel wasn't initially designed with a 50s american tiki/polynesian theme in mind but more generic "tropical maybe idk" so looking back it's pretty dang trash.

here's the moai man (might delete those extrusions from his nose.. not sure if it's even readable that well so a waste of geo)

working on a little something under the bridge as well..

Armageddon
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2015, 09:25:16 PM »

I'm curious if you use ProBuilder or something because of the white 1x1 meter texture. I can't imagine trying to put together levels this complex in Unity, it's a pain to just build a few rooms for me. Tongue

bsp
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2015, 09:30:33 PM »

Yep, we're using ProBuilder for pretty much all of the world geo (floors, walls, ceilings). We greybox in that and then texture it up and start building the custom props for that area. We even use it for basic stuff like square flower pots.

ProGrids goes hand in hand with it of course, but we also use QuickDecal. Really good tools.

barley
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2015, 02:34:56 AM »

This looks really cool WTF

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic