Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411428 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 02:35:11 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperAudioWhat kind of music to get for my game?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: What kind of music to get for my game?  (Read 731 times)
michelmohr
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« on: January 15, 2015, 04:32:23 AM »

Hi,
I'm finishing up my game, but the last big thing that's missing is sounds and music.
Which I know nothing about.

I was hoping someone here could advise me on that.
Should I use free sounds I find online? Or should I look into paying someone for custom music/sounds?
My budget is pretty much non-existent, but my game will have an IAP premium. (mobile)

My game: http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=45256.msg1094110#msg1094110

qwercus
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2015, 11:21:06 AM »

For the music, I would imagine you would at least want something for the menu(s) and something for the gameplay.  You could also consider having different music for different difficulties.  I would think the type of music ought to be something simple -- just enough to provide atmosphere, but not too distracting. 

I don't know much about sound effects or what's available online. I would think there would be some people who would be willing to take a potential cut from the money gained from the IAP.

It looks like a good game!

I make ♫♪
soundcloud | twitter
medieval
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2015, 01:05:39 PM »

I'd say since it's a board game, you'll want to have some relaxed music playing in the background that doesn't distract the player from thinking about his/her next move. For reference, see

Furthermore, with lo-fi graphics, lo-fi music is nearly always the best fit. It's not absolutely necessary to go for a 8-bit or even 16-bit sound, but it's something to consider.

Hope that helps!
Audiosprite
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2015, 08:45:43 PM »

This exact piece

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic