Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411426 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 10:53:48 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralFor the attention of my dear friend Derek Yu
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: For the attention of my dear friend Derek Yu  (Read 43306 times)
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2015, 05:43:53 PM »

She's almost a year and a half old now - not quite two. When she was one I let her play Zelda on 2DS every now and then and she seemed to like that. Now she mostly plays games on iOS (e.g. Toca Hair Salon and Bubl Gelato). I got a Wii U recently, though, and when I play she'll sit on my lap and watch/tap the touch screen on the controller. Usually she just gets me killed, but once she actually helped me out by revealing all the invisible platforms!

d'awwwww <3

also congrats and all the best to you & your family derek  Smiley
Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2015, 08:34:49 PM »

Make sure to get it on film first time she beats Spelunky!
« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 02:36:30 AM by Schoq » Logged

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
quan
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2015, 09:39:10 PM »

aw
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2015, 04:02:28 AM »

Awwwwww, thanks youse guys! Toast LeftTired

She's almost a year and a half old now - not quite two. When she was one I let her play Zelda on 2DS every now and then and she seemed to like that. Now she mostly plays games on iOS (e.g. Toca Hair Salon and Bubl Gelato). I got a Wii U recently, though, and when I play she'll sit on my lap and watch/tap the touch screen on the controller. Usually she just gets me killed, but once she actually helped me out by revealing all the invisible platforms!

But my wife and I are trying to keep the screen time limited for now. Eventually, I'll make her beat Dark Souls to prove her worth to me.

congratulations to you my friend derek, the road is long but never tiring on our own personal SHenmues
J-Snake
Level 10

A fool with a tool is still a fool.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2015, 04:56:45 AM »

Just a hint: make sure she is exploring more the outside world than tv. It is important to develop senses and enhance perception in this early stage of life. The more things the brain can hardwire early on, the easier things get later on. Also throw her in ice water for few seconds once a day. Think of it as a daily ice bucket challenge. It will strengthen her immune system. It's not a joke.

Independent game developer with an elaborate focus on interesting gameplay, rewarding depth of play and technical quality.<br /><br />Trap Them: http://store.steampowered.com/app/375930
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2015, 08:16:28 AM »

Also throw her in ice water for few seconds once a day. Think of it as a daily ice bucket challenge. It will strengthen her immune system. It's not a joke.
lol
Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2015, 08:41:26 AM »

don't hire j-snake as babysitter

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2015, 08:58:18 AM »

do not take parenting tips from vanilla ice
Canned Turkey
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2015, 09:48:12 AM »

and don't let joe teach her etiquette
Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2015, 12:42:36 PM »

Also throw her in ice water for few seconds once a day. Think of it as a daily ice bucket challenge. It will strengthen her immune system. It's not a joke.
lol

J-Snake Daycare: http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=1cd_1391766323

But yeah, like I said, we do try to limit her time in front of screens. We try to take her to a park or museum every day and when she's inside she has books, crayons, play-doh, blocks, balls, etc. But sometimes she really wants to play a video game or watch a cartoon, so we mix that in. It also gives us a bit of a break!
gunswordfist
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2015, 07:40:02 PM »

congrats. and she'll be 37 by the time she first beats spelunky.

Indie games I have purchased:
Spelunky
Shoot 1UP
andrewjohn1317
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2015, 09:42:34 PM »

congratulation ! Smiley

Get FREE Stuff , Products and Coupons http://www.munchkinsandwich.com/free-stuff-USA
oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2015, 03:15:07 PM »

This guy shouts out to you too, Derek!

JWK5
« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2015, 03:47:02 PM »

You hear parents all the time saying children make their lives chaotic but for me my kids are what makes the chaos I've had all along meaningful. They bring something to your life nothing else will. I wish you the best! Congrats, Derek!

Also, if you don't have the time to do it yourself then raise her to create an Eternal Daughter sequel! Eternal Daughter was the first indie game I ever really got into and to date still remains my favorite.
starsrift
Level 10

Apparently I am a ruiner of worlds. Ooops.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2015, 06:47:03 AM »

Also, if you don't have the time to do it yourself then raise her to create an Eternal Daughter sequel! Eternal Daughter was the first indie game I ever really got into and to date still remains my favorite.

Oh come on. Once she hits her rebellious teenage phase, she'll be all, "All my father ever did was make games. I want to something important with my life, like thoracic surgery."

And Derek will smile benevolently and sagely opine, "Well, that's important to people too, dear."

"Vigorous writing is concise." - William Strunk, Jr.
As is coding.

I take life with a grain of salt.
And a slice of lime, plus a shot of tequila.
Canned Turkey
« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2015, 03:20:18 PM »

For you Derek:

« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 03:31:49 PM by Canned Turkey » Logged
Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2015, 12:05:11 PM »

Thanks, y'all. Gentleman
Superb Joe