Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 09:55:40 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingAttack of the Teapotcopters - 3D helicopter game
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Attack of the Teapotcopters - 3D helicopter game  (Read 785 times)
agnu17
Level 0

View Profile
« on: January 18, 2015, 04:33:16 AM »

Hello!

I made a 3D helicopter shooter game as a school project, now i expanded it, and released it on google play. It features a custom 3D engine, with soft shadows, and real-time reflections.
Your aim is to defend the base from the teapotcopters. You can gather coins, and buy new Helicopters, levels, skins and upgrades.

This is my first game ever, so please report any feedback! Smiley Smiley

Features:
4 levels (Earth, Moon, Ocean, Mars)
3 Helicopters (with skins and upgrades)
Powerups, Coins

Have fun! Smiley

Google play link:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bute.bi106z.androidgame

Please report any feedback! Smiley
agnu17
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2015, 08:33:48 AM »

Google Cardboard mode has been released!  Screenshot:

This is my very first released game ever, so please tell me what you think!
If you like the game, rate and comment it on the google play page! Smiley
Uncle Scotty
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2015, 04:35:23 PM »

Hi, congrats on releasing your first game! You've got a good foundation for making an arcade-style flight sim here. There's a couple issues I found though. The UI menu buttons are very unresponsive. There was no feedback to tell me when I clicked a button, and there was always a delay between clicking it and the game reacting which made it difficult to navigate the menus. Also, the altitude control is not really intuitive, because the camera reacts to it in a weird way and I often ended up with unusable camera angles. The game shows your sense of humor though which is nice, and it could be a fun experience with some more polish. Good luck!

agnu17
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2015, 12:54:38 AM »

Hi, congrats on releasing your first game! You've got a good foundation for making an arcade-style flight sim here. There's a couple issues I found though. The UI menu buttons are very unresponsive. There was no feedback to tell me when I clicked a button, and there was always a delay between clicking it and the game reacting which made it difficult to navigate the menus. Also, the altitude control is not really intuitive, because the camera reacts to it in a weird way and I often ended up with unusable camera angles. The game shows your sense of humor though which is nice, and it could be a fun experience with some more polish. Good luck!

Thank you for your feedback! Smiley

I'll try to improve on the menu buttons and the altitude control. Now that you tell me, the altitude control is indeed wierd... Smiley will be tweaked in future updates
agnu17
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2015, 02:26:15 PM »

The game has been updated with USB/Bluetooth gamepad support. Controllers can be used in both VR and normal modes.
VR mode is greatly enhanced by a controller, the previous control was a bit hard to use.

I tested the game with an XInput compatible controller, and a generic directinput controller, if there is something wrong in the mapping, please let me know! Smiley
agnu17
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2015, 12:11:26 AM »

The game is reaching 1000 downloads (there are 10 or so left)! Thanks for everyone for their support!

I'm planning many new exciting features, in the coming weeks! This inlcudes Google Play services backed Coop multiplayer (available in VR mode also!), new Levels (a lava, and a snowbase level are in the works), and new type of aircraft, and also new gameplay elements.
Also graphical elements (GUI, some models) will see an overhaul also!

If you have a moment, Please Rate the game on Google Play so that i can continue working on it!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic