Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411413 Posts in 69360 Topics- by 58415 Members - Latest Member: sophi_26

April 16, 2024, 03:59:11 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsGDC: So it begins again.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 20
Print
Author Topic: GDC: So it begins again.  (Read 186291 times)
Chris Pavia
« Reply #220 on: February 27, 2013, 09:43:21 PM »

Would love someone to sort out a Denny's art jam because Mr Saltsman isn't at gdc this year afaik.

Bummer, did not know that. I guess that means there won't be gamedev jogging in the morning this year!
melos
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: February 27, 2013, 09:59:20 PM »

I made a topic for the art jam thing so we can talk about that there/point peopl ehtere.

play hydlide 2
mrlasertron
Level 0

owlbear attack

View Profile WWW
« Reply #222 on: February 27, 2013, 11:09:48 PM »

I'll be at GDC this year!

@mrlasertron<br>Game dev and designer at Slouch Couch Game Studios
___
Vice President of Marketing, Romeo Pie Software
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: February 28, 2013, 02:42:15 AM »

Just as a heads up if you guys are gonna try to organize a denny's art jam: DEFINITELY let them know ahead of time when 80+ people are going to pour into their restaurant.  Last year was the first year Adam let them know ahead of time and things went way smoother vs. the previous years where we just stormed the Denny's and the one waitress and cook they had on staff had meltdowns.  Wednesday nights at 8pm typically isn't a super busy night for Denny's...

See you folks at GDC!  Gentleman
JigxorAndy
Level 6

Working on Dungeon Dashers

View Profile WWW
« Reply #224 on: March 01, 2013, 06:08:27 AM »

I'm staying at HI for the whole duration of GDC and a bit afterwards Smiley I'm sure I'll see some of you there!

I actually have one spare Expo ticket if there's someone who'd really like to go but perhaps can't afford it. I was given a few passes with my kiosk there. - Given them out already unfortunately!

If you'd like it just reply here/pm me or email me at [email protected].
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 07:24:32 AM by JigxorAndy » Logged

Twitter / Dungeon Dashers: Website / Steam Store
melos
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: March 01, 2013, 01:30:57 PM »

are there any sort of night hangout spots worth knowing about without age requirements?

play hydlide 2
Noel Berry
Level 4

Yarr!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #226 on: March 01, 2013, 05:46:30 PM »

are there any sort of night hangout spots worth knowing about without age requirements?

I'd be up for hanging out at something like this as well a few nights. I know some other friends 18-20 who'd be around as well (Connor Ullmann, Greg Lobanov, Harry Lee, etc). I think Fernando Ramallo might be doing something, not sure what/when though.

ThemsAllTook
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #227 on: March 01, 2013, 05:55:53 PM »

I know some other friends 18-20 who'd be around as well (Connor Ullmann, Greg Lobanov, Harry Lee, etc).

Harry Lee is that young? Guess I'm bad at guessing ages, I thought he was older.

I'd love to have places to go in the evenings that aren't excessively loud. Maybe that would have some overlap with places that don't require 21+? I'd really like to be able to do some evening socialization while I'm there, but the noisy crowded environments where people seem to gather always drain my energy super quickly.

___
Vice President of Marketing, Romeo Pie Software
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: March 01, 2013, 06:10:12 PM »

I am down for hang outs that don't involve loud, dark spaces and lots of room for laptops and jammin'
Noel Berry
Level 4

Yarr!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #229 on: March 01, 2013, 06:13:15 PM »

I'd love to have places to go in the evenings that aren't excessively loud. Maybe that would have some overlap with places that don't require 21+? I'd really like to be able to do some evening socialization while I'm there, but the noisy crowded environments where people seem to gather always drain my energy super quickly.
I am down for hang outs that don't involve loud, dark spaces and lots of room for laptops and jammin'

Awesome! Let's do it up!

zovirl
Level 1

Mark Ivey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #230 on: March 01, 2013, 06:26:49 PM »

I guess that means there won't be gamedev jogging in the morning this year!

I'd be up for morning jogging. I missed it last year and then felt un-exercised and lame.

Alaskan Runway, a side-scrolling flight sim I'm working on.
Forest, a walking meditation game. (behind the scenes)
www.zovirl.com
melos
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: March 01, 2013, 06:32:56 PM »

Awesome! Let's do it up!

Yeah, sounds good - I was thinking about trying to get around the age limit through various means, but I don't think it's worth the effort.

play hydlide 2
Noel Berry
Level 4

Yarr!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #232 on: March 01, 2013, 06:36:09 PM »

Awesome! Let's do it up!

Yeah, sounds good - I was thinking about trying to get around the age limit through various means, but I don't think it's worth the effort.

Yeah, there are some events that I'm sure you could get around the age limit, but last two years I haven't had any luck with that.

Seems like some good options are the Art Jam and the Ludum Dare meetup.

Chris Pavia
« Reply #233 on: March 02, 2013, 03:19:14 AM »

I'm not sure how far away Noisebridge is from GDC, but it's a communal Hacker Space in SF that could be good for jamming/quiet meetups. I've never been there myself but I know there have been game jams held there in the past.
TomHunt
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #234 on: March 02, 2013, 08:34:11 AM »

The Moscone Center is between 3rd and 4th streets.  Noisebridge is between 17th and 18th streets. It'd be a bit of a hike.

Looks interesting, tho.

~tom | □³ | kRYSTLR
Geti
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #235 on: March 02, 2013, 07:55:33 PM »

There was talk of doing something at noisebridge or similar hacker spaces last year at the art jam. I require U21 venues either way, as does Mr Lee and it seems quite a few other TIGSFolk. I'll probably be doing a lot of my hacking in the HISF lounge but a larger jam or two would be fun.

Pietepiet
Pixelhead
Level 9

hello <3

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: March 04, 2013, 05:56:16 AM »

The Moscone Center is between 3rd and 4th streets.  Noisebridge is between 17th and 18th streets. It'd be a bit of a hike.

Looks interesting, tho.

Easy enough to get to if you take the BART. There's a station like around the corner from Noisebridge
Evan Balster
Level 10

I live in this head.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #237 on: March 04, 2013, 02:13:18 PM »

Noisebridge teetotaler's hackathon/hangathon sounds like a good time.  I'm (probably) in if it happens.

Creativity births expression.  Curiosity births exploration.
Our work is as soil to these seeds; our art is what grows from them...

Wreath, SoundSelf, Infinite Blank, Cave Story+, <plaid/audio>
Daniel X Moore
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #238 on: March 05, 2013, 10:24:33 AM »

I'll be hosting a game jam at my place on one or more evenings. It's a 10 min walk from Moscone. If anyone's interested let me know what days and times would work best, I'll try and not collide with other events.

Looking forward to hanging out with all you radical people again.
Chris Pavia
« Reply #239 on: March 05, 2013, 11:07:09 AM »

Cool I might be able to actually attend these jams since I'll already be in the city!
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 20
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic