Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411432 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58417 Members - Latest Member: gigig987

April 20, 2024, 05:06:38 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsGDC: So it begins again.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20
Print
Author Topic: GDC: So it begins again.  (Read 186500 times)
Blambo
« Reply #340 on: March 17, 2014, 06:06:59 PM »

Man this sounds fun, hopefully I'll be moving to USC for next year
Code_Assassin
Level 5

freedom

View Profile
« Reply #341 on: March 17, 2014, 08:07:44 PM »

Really wish I could go but argh - school. This is why I  hate it and I love it at the same time   Crazy
Cheezmeister
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #342 on: March 18, 2014, 08:14:08 AM »

Thus commences day 2: a day full of infinite possibilities and ultimate intrigue. If you see a shy-looking fool in yellow pants, say hi so I don't have to! I don't bite, I'll probably just yawn at you.

෴Me෴ @chzmstr | www.luchenlabs.com ቒMadeቓ RA | Nextris | Chromathud   ᙍMakingᙌCheezus II (Devlog)
Chris Pavia
« Reply #343 on: March 18, 2014, 06:16:51 PM »

I'm heading to the Adult Swim party in a bit, then to the POW POW POW party at the DNA Lounge (one of my favorites every year). POW sells tickets at the door for anyone interested. I'm wearing glasses, a grey pullover with tan corduroy pants if anyone feels like saying hello.
ThemsAllTook
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #344 on: March 19, 2014, 02:39:11 PM »

I'll be spending my evenings primarily in the Mariott lobby, second floor. Come say hi and work on stuff if you want a nice quiet alternative to loud parties!

ink.inc
« Reply #345 on: March 22, 2014, 06:02:23 PM »

that was fun

ThemsAllTook
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #346 on: March 22, 2014, 11:29:29 PM »

I took a few photos: https://www.flickr.com/photos/37158617@N08/sets/72157642777106314/

Blink
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #347 on: March 24, 2014, 01:49:40 PM »

I can confirm that I saw themsalltook passing in the hall. Tongue
Geti
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #348 on: March 24, 2014, 05:53:59 PM »

Kinda hard to miss him isn't it Wink

Jonathan Burroughs
Level 1

Co-founder Variable State

View Profile WWW
« Reply #349 on: April 30, 2014, 03:28:03 AM »

Anybody popping along to GDC Europe? I'd like to give it a go this year!

baconman
Level 10

Design Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #350 on: January 09, 2015, 01:21:10 PM »

So, March 2-5 this year, hmm?

Where does external events usually take place? I don't exactly have an extra grand laying around, but I'd like to meet some peoples, jam, play, grow... but in all likelihood, I'll probably be tailgating this year. I finally have a little cash on hand to do so with, and a job that actually WILL give me the days off to do so.

And it only took 5 years!! :D

EDIT: Any Denny's, Walmarts, or 24h grocery stores in the vicinity of this would be very helpful to know about; since that's the kind of place where I can legally car-camp.... which is where I'll probably do all of my sleeping. THANK YOU!

ssj_jessy
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #351 on: January 12, 2015, 10:16:22 AM »

Where does external events usually take place? I don't exactly have an extra grand laying around, but I'd like to meet some peoples, jam, play, grow... but in all likelihood, I'll probably be tailgating this year. I finally have a little cash on hand to do so with, and a job that actually WILL give me the days off to do so.

EDIT: Any Denny's, Walmarts, or 24h grocery stores in the vicinity of this would be very helpful to know about; since that's the kind of place where I can legally car-camp.... which is where I'll probably do all of my sleeping. THANK YOU!

Well I had been looking at ways to get to GDC and I saw on this thread that last year some peeps were doing "Indie Giving" http://indiegiving.com Maybe you won't have to sleep in your car? ;p But I was hoping to hear people's experience with the charity section of the program: What kinda charity work was there? How did you get around town? Also, how many nights are booked?

ssj_jessy
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #352 on: January 12, 2015, 10:27:45 AM »

Another way to get a GDC pass! If you're working with Unreal Engine 4, Epic is hosting a table to show off some games using their engine. If you have something to show they will provide a pass for you and up to 3 team members. They have only 8 demo pods available so make sure to reach out to them https://www.unrealengine.com/blog/demo-your-project-at-the-game-developers-conference before the end of the month when they start responding to entrees.  Beer!

ssj_jessy
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #353 on: January 20, 2015, 07:22:06 PM »

Last day for Early Bird deals http://www.gdconf.com/attend/passes.html

dirkmalta
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #354 on: February 13, 2015, 06:46:15 AM »

Well I had been looking at ways to get to GDC and I saw on this thread that last year some peeps were doing "Indie Giving" http://indiegiving.com Maybe you won't have to sleep in your car? ;p But I was hoping to hear people's experience with the charity section of the program: What kinda charity work was there? How did you get around town? Also, how many nights are booked?

This is really great ssj_jessy. If only I knew about this before I bought tickets. Next year...Looking forward to seeing you all.
dirkmalta
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #355 on: February 13, 2015, 07:01:54 AM »

Hey all!
So prepped for GDC! Anyone here gonna be on TrainJam? Whoever's at GDC give me a tweet at @dirkmalta and we'll meet up, talk games and a have couple of drinks  Wink
Tobers
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #356 on: February 23, 2015, 06:39:03 PM »

Oh man I psyched. I've lived out here for years but this will be my first time attending myself. Not sure what will be going on outside the actual conference, but my twitter is @TobesLH. I'll be down for some bevs.

Not sure about parking nearby baconman, but I believe you can legally park on residential streets overnight.

Oh god make it stop.
Slader16
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #357 on: February 23, 2015, 09:35:21 PM »

Pretty upset that you have to be 18 to attend, I guess I'll have to wait until next year :/

oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #358 on: February 24, 2015, 11:05:38 AM »

Pretty upset that you have to be 18 to attend, I guess I'll have to wait until next year :/
You'll understand when you get older.

Slader16
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #359 on: February 24, 2015, 02:45:06 PM »

You'll understand when you get older.
Pretty sure it's because of the alcohol Who, Me?

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic