Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 01:01:41 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingBullet Hills (Rhythm typing game) (Freeware, finished)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Bullet Hills (Rhythm typing game) (Freeware, finished)  (Read 1536 times)
NAL
« on: January 27, 2015, 05:32:29 AM »

GameJolt link

Bullet Hills is a dazzling rhythm typing game - type to the melody, while the visualisation in the background pulses to the beat. Rack up your combo and avoid missing ten letters in a row, or all hell will break loose!

100% free download. Made in GameMaker: Studio for the 72-hour jam GMC Jam 17.

Uncle Scotty
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2015, 10:13:48 AM »

This game is rad! It's visually appealing and the combination of a typing-rhythm game is novel. I can see it being a fun way to learn how to type faster. There's a few things that I though about while playing that could be cool additions.

The full words mode was my favorite, and is an opportunity to put some humor into the game with funny words or sayings. A similar game where you needed to type the lyrics of a song at the right time would be fun too...

With the words scrolling across the bottom of the screen, it means that visually the player is always focused in the same spot (generally the lower left, with occasional glances to the right to check for new letters). It might be nice if the letters flew in from all different angles to add more challenge, and to focus the player's attention on different areas of the screen.

Finally, the blue wavy line graphics sometimes obscure the letters as they scroll, but this is a minor issue.

Cheers, and nicely done!  Toast Right

debugchicken
Level 1

Out of the sky, into the dirt.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2015, 02:00:31 PM »

really nice game, very well made interface

for me, even easy, with whole words, were hard

I think mainly because the letters are sepparated, you have no time to link them in your head

maybe your game could benefit from this one: http://www.typingkaraoke.com/ take a look

for some reason, pressing up on the KB arrows make more rays appear, if you keep pressing everything starts to lag. maybe it was some debug code ?

pressing esc I was wishing for a pause menu, but the game went to home instead and I lost my progress Sad
Terrytheplatypus
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2015, 03:14:51 PM »

Very fun, I loved the scenic visuals and the music, but what I really loved the whimsical combinations of words you could get. One thing that I wished would happen is that the gameplay would change when you got the special letters, like in guitar hero. It doesn't have to be like that, though, that's just a combo thing, but then, when you get some kind of special thing, the words could start becoming sentences. That would make it more mysterious and add more depth, though maybe that's unnessecary. One problem I had is that I felt it didn't have high performance, which makes sense, because the graphics take up a lot of the game. But the core thing for me is the whimsical combinations of words and the rocking music, so if you took the graphics out a little, it would work better on any computer. Do whatever you want, it's your game. :D
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic