Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411431 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 20, 2024, 03:04:52 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingPuzzle Kart
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Puzzle Kart  (Read 659 times)
thekill473
Level 1

View Profile
« on: January 28, 2015, 01:49:14 AM »

Hey everybody.

Here's a quick prototype for a puzzle/racing game.

Controls:
Solve the match 4 to get fuel.
WASD to move.

Download:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/98130749/PuzzleKart.exe
Quicksand-S
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2015, 02:30:13 AM »

Interesting idea. I didn't find it that fun, though. The racing part feels decent, so it might become interesting with other players.

The puzzle part was a little too simplistic for me. It felt strange to be able to move around as many pieces as I wanted, rather than the game only allowing moves that result in a matching set. In effect, the puzzle part wasn't a puzzle at all which just made it a bit of an annoyance. I expect that there's a way to improve that aspect of the game, though.

I also felt like the amount of fuel I got for each set was too little. Do I get more if I get five or six in a row? It didn't seem like it, but I'm not sure.

The concept is pretty decent, though, and I can see it working quite well for against others, especially if you have to decide when to try for combos and when to just take what you can get as soon as possible. Could be interesting.

My Old Game: We Want YOU - Join the Fight for Freedom

Twitter - Mostly comments on games, old and new.
Tenaciousk
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2015, 04:30:10 AM »

When I started the game my fuel went right to empty before I could start. So I could not get the car to go anywhere. Just spin in circles.
Quicksand-S
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2015, 12:57:21 PM »

When I started the game my fuel went right to empty before I could start. So I could not get the car to go anywhere. Just spin in circles.

Since thekill473 isn't online at the moment, I thought I'd respond to this. To get fuel, you just click on a square at the bottom, then click on an adjacent square that you want it to move to. If you line up four of the same color, you get fuel. You can do that at any time you want/need to.

My Old Game: We Want YOU - Join the Fight for Freedom

Twitter - Mostly comments on games, old and new.
thekill473
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2015, 03:26:07 PM »

@Quicksand

Thanks for the feedback man. I reckon I agree with you there, I'll try out a only being able to move a tile if it matches 4.

As for bonuses they are in there but they're very small, I might just wind up squaring the amount of tiles you got minus the original 4.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic